What's On Your Mind?




WORD COUNT: 30,655

Facebook loves to ask this question, so for today – at least up to the time I got to work – I thought I'd answer it.

How the ABC series Once Upon A Time seems to be becoming Six Degrees of Separation from Rumpelstiltskin … how am I going to pound out or find the wordage I need for my next 20,000 words in “The Judgment of London” in this month's National Novel Writing Month competition … should I or should I not go to A Taste of the Holidays at Marketplace on North Hill today (samples are given throughout the store, and it would be a free lunch – take THAT, Robert Heinlein) … got a friend in California reading that author's Starship Troopers now … the first day of shoveling snow for Martha, Jeffrey (who SO wanted to help and work with me and did such a cool job), and me … snow that fell yesterday and how those of you saying it's so nice DON'T HAVE TO DRIVE IN IT … Achilles being born in water AND held under it … a comic story that began with a lost checkbook in Massachusetts … “oracles of Delphi” making as much grammatical sense as “mothers-in-law” as a plural …

(see, I've got something for everybody today!)

How I really do not have a regular playlist (of music) that matches the mood of my story or that keeps me going as I write (Martha's the music person, not I – if she can't turn on the radio in the car she goes bananas) … my reward being to read through John Dos Passos' U.S.A. trilogy when I am done with Nano … how Shaklee is going to BOOM in Minot this winter … maybe my waking up at 4:49 this morning and getting done early with my devotion and the dishes contributed to my yawning three times in twelve minutes at Coffee With The Boys at church this morning, even while drinking the black stuff … I forgot to mention Gene Edwards' A Tale of Three Kings (ISBN 9780842369084), a novelization of David as he acted and reacted with Saul before he became king and Absalom afterward yesterday, and last night I finished reading Jeffrey Salane's debut novel Lawless (ISBN 9780545548823) about M Freeman who's been selected to attend the Lawless Academy, a school for criminals in the making ...

What do you do when someone throws a spear at you?

Treating today's entry like one of those National Novel Writing Month Wordwars where I write as much as I can in a set amount of time, damn the syntax … read the twenty-fifth Psalm this morning and verse three stood out to me: “Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed: let them be ashamed which transgress without cause.” So is a sin a transgression, or not? And if a sin – an act that separates you or me from fellowship with God – IS a transgression, is the psalmist saying you CAN sin if you have a just reason for it? Sounds very edited Sixth Commandment of Animal Farm to me (“No animal shall kill another animal without cause”, the “without cause” being the pigs' amendment.) … I know I'm missing something, but these are among the thoughts that occur early in the morning and through the day to me.

And that's TIME! David

Comments

Popular Posts