My Senior Will For The Class Of 1990




WORD COUNT: 38,026


[I had to get some paperwork together for a nine am meeting today and came across this collection, "Senior Wills for the class of 1990", written by the senior class of Crescent City High School that I was in. Thought it interesting to share mine, and see how my will has held up over time … – David]



I, David Alvin, being of (debatable) sound mind and body, do hereby bequeath the following: to Mrs. Williams, a state Forensics trophy, a road map, a cooler of freshly run-over animals, an invitation to my wedding, and someone to nag you in Forensics practice that will remind you of me.



Ms. Hooten, I wish Drama, English IV, and HiQ the best of luck in years to come, and I want to leave you all those period-long plus tests as a reminder that “It was the best of times; (and) it was the worst of times.” To Mrs. Ellis I leave $2500. To Mr. Ripley, another one of those long chats about history. To A.G. and “Raggedy Andy”, I leave a spelling tutor.



To J.B. I'm sorry that things didn't work out between us. To Mr. Jordan, I leave that nap in your class that I never took. To S.F., who's been like a sister to me all these years past. Ms. Redmond, one more copy, please! To S.B., forgetting my birthday – no, strangling you is too good a punishment. For you, I leave some surprise English exams! (ha ha!)



Mrs. Luke, while you must never assume, you can never assume that you can never assume, either. To J.P., don't take what I say to heart; Steve's a very lucky guy. To our faculty in general, I heave this message – school will go on without the class of '90! No need to close the school for a year of mourning.



Seriously, though, I want to say thanks to all of you for helping me to see the real person within myself and giving me a push toward being all I can be!! For that I will be forever grateful. However, the thanks also goes to my parents, with out the support and additional guidance I would never have gotten through some of my darkest hours.



Finally, I want to say thanks to the students – people on my level who could relate to what I was going through because they were going through it at that time to, especially the class of '90!! It may be the last year we'll see each other, so let's make the most of it!! (Remember the three cardinal rules to success: learn everything you can while you can, be able to make and keep friends, and HAVE FUN!)






Comments

Popular Posts