Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November







WORD COUNT: 5,903



I have work to do today on “The Judgment of London”, I see. And today's title is kinda ironic since I checked out and started reading V For Vendetta yesterday, the Alan Moore/David Lyons graphic novel whose title character wearing a Guy Fawkes mask is an anarchist in then-near future fascist England. And there's a lot to be anarchic about, I have read and seen …



So today you'll be reading the abridged version of my doings. This morning Martha and I met with Jeffrey's teacher Mrs. Johnson at Longfellow Elementary and learned (what we already know) that he's got A LOT of potential just not – forgive me for saying this when you read it years from now, son – as much application. He's quite a mover, as though he has to tie in whatever he says and does into physical exertion. It makes him hard, and makes it hard I think for him, to focus.



Afterward I got to visit my neurologist for a six-month checkup – I take 600 milligrams of dilantin (phenytoin) a day since my seizure last year – and the visit with Dr. Lee and subsequent blood test actually did not go as bad as I expected. I'd lost weight and BMI (body mass index) since my last visit and the most outstanding thing about it was that when I walked outside and had to go around the block to get to my car I saw Martha driving by on her courier route!



And today's Election Day in the United States … locally we have no voting issues that I am aware of today, but on the tenth of next month we in Minot and surrounding areas will be voting on a public school bond issue. Flyers coming home every three days or so with Sarah and Jeffrey remind us that increased student population requires newer, more modern school buildings and facilities, and that building THOSE requires money from city revenue that has to be voted on.
 
 
 


Or it'll be taken out some other way from the citizens of Minot is implied, David








Comments

Popular Posts