I Have A Face For Radio


Sorry son, you got the honor for today's title stolen by Jay at Jerome's Collision Center just north of where I work. I hear his voice all the time on KHRT I listen to where I work advertising the business, and it turns out the business and its predecessor was founded by Jay's dad (the Jerome in the title; Brenda the damage appraiser showed me a framed receipt in their lobby of said predecessor from 1958 where a basic retouching and repair job cost on a car twenty-two dollars). When I said I recognized Jay's voice, he said he was impressed with mine too, and wondered aloud if I'd ever gone on radio or done voice-over work. No I haven't, and that made me feel good, it really did. If you've heard my voice, tell me what you think!

Eight days ago (April 16, 2013) …

I have a nice family my cosons an Beranna Josceline Matheow Brandon trover pachrick my perents ar Martha David and I am 7 yeres old my brother is 5 yers old I like my family a Lot egspeshle Josceline Loves her mom so mouch and We Love chother so mouch we are frends fore ever Jeffrey is my favrit person in the hole wide woild I love hem. We ar all friends fore ever. My mom is so nice to use all the time and I love her so moush she givs us treets all the time after School. Name Sarah AE

ps i am nice

Sarah brought home that two page story she wrote along with the picture she drew at the beginning (come on, you didn't think I started typing in tongues, did you?) and it is just so awesome to see her and Jeffrey expressing themselves in their talents. That's a ten-dollar way of saying I'm proud of them. Last night the kids were SO trippin' out when we played several DirecTV channels that are simply the music of different decades. From Sarah doing disco to the 1970s (seriously, think Saturday Night Fever) to Jeffrey finally holding still and swaying to the 1990s, we have made this work! It's gonna be an awesome week ahead, I know it. (Oh, read Sarah's letter out loud if that's still hurting your eyes!)

And have an awesome day (the snow is melting – but not too fast, allelu), David

Comments

Popular Posts