From Five Months


I was strolling (not “trolling”) through Facebook this morning after my Burst Club workout (www.burstclub.com) and came across the photo of my fellow Stetson grad's – class of 1994 – son Alejandro who's five months old today. I smiled as wide as he is there, and I got to thinking of where my son Jeffrey was at five months; well, at least the written account of it, for he was living with us at the time. I wink. Before work this morning I went in for a haircut and my barber Jany recognized me as Jeffrey's dad ... he is in her words “quite a character”, very exuberant and dynamic. More than his dad is, to be honest with you. Of course, I remember hearing James Dobson the other day talking about “The Strong-Willed Child” (perhaps the book he's best known for) and how such children – I've still got the book, just haven't read it – tend to grow out of that by their early twenties. Martha and I should live that long. I wink again.

December 2, 2007 …

Matthew 24:36-44 December 2
more Christmas stuff to do 10712.02

Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. 42

Isaiah 22 – The burden of the valley of vision. What aileth thee now, that thou art wholly gone up to the housetops.

Thus saith the LORD God of hosts, Go, get thee unto this treasurer, even unto Shebna, which is over the house and say,

[What I say] LYO did a great job on their pancake breakfast this morning, and Sarah REALLY sat attentive at the children's and main sermons. Then we went shopping and nearly lost [our niece, their cousin] Breanna as well as Sarah's socks – both were found of course. Then we got home and our sanity nearly got lost putting the computer armoire together; both Martha and I said some things we shouldn't have after six hours of assembly. I should pray we do better with each other tomorrow.

And according to Martha yesterday and what I saw with my own eyes this morning, once in a while just when you think nothing is getting through to Sarah and Jeffrey about responsibility and teamwork and sticking by each other, it is. Caught several snaps of them shoveling the snow on our sidewalk this morning … YES, we still have snow on the ground and falling in Minot. Winter doesn't officially end here until mid-May ish.

Wink wink nudge nudge,

David


Comments

Popular Posts