Home is beautiful, too. Can we go now?

Jeffrey's not-quite-rebuttal to me telling Martha at fellowship after church this morning makes today's title SO easy! And since my wife's napping right now I'm taking some time to comb through the good, the bad, and the ugly of my last few days. And we're not just talking about my hair!

My sixth week of working at Trinity got done Friday -- no, I won't stay in the habit of counting like that -- and I got home feeling quite wooden. For someone who wants to not work overtime, I'd think not rushing us out to make a hospital delivery without two more carts to deliver would be a priority.

But she's easier to get along with ... when I'm not trying to get along with her. Dale Carnegie principles just do not work on some people, especially when they already see you as a frustrated unteachable and very little is likely to change that. So? I don't go to work to be liked.

Nor can I afford to. Call her the Ulf to my Will (see The Pool of Fire) or my father-in-law when he's trying to be heard/hear himself over a blaring TV who just sounds rough. But when fishing, gardening, and hunting are not topics I can talk about at work or on break -- well, without changing

the subject -- it is hard to talk to anybody beyond the usual civilized pleasantries. But let's see now; I may have mentioned this already, but this past week was the last week Martha's working at Burger King on Monday and Tuesday nights! This will so help her legs (especially her knees), I pray.

And pray harder with some thankfulness thrown in,

David



Comments

Popular Posts