Deep And Wide Cleaning

So I got home from work today after paying a bill and picking up an A&W root beer-flavored cake for a potluck we're holding at work this week to find Martha and the kids practicing the musical instruments they'll be playing -- or at least studying how to read music, taught by my rhythmic wife -- as school starts here in Minot next Thursday. Sarah will be on her second year of clarinet as she's in her first year at Ramstad Middle School; she was there with Jeffrey, Martha who took the day off from work yesterday, and her own parents Robert and Sharon. I'm still in training in my own job with Materials Management, so my taking time off is a mite impractical (though yesterday I did leave work earlier to keep a dentist appointment for a deep cleaning).

And my dentist Dr. Ness sang special music at Bethany Sunday, so I thought she'd be looking for me to show up! BUT I didn't see her until the cleaning was done, one of the technicians did that work over two hours while I leaned back in the chair and watched The Weather Channel. Rhonda did ask me if there's something else I wanted to watch and she related that some people schedule their appointments to catch their favorite shows! But as I'm not a big TV watcher anyway, I said keep it on there. And I got a new toothbrush, new toothpaste, and advice to not brush my teeth as hard as I've been doing.

That I can take. And Jeffrey's starting the trombone in his final year at Longfellow Elementary School while as I sit here writing this he's also playing a kazoo. That brings back some memories, though I don't remember playing my own that much after an extended stay in the hospital when I was five. (I DO remember playing the theme to The Love Boat on it from my hospital bed; it was awesome!) And Martha's elected to work at Burger King only on Saturdays now, and we're all glad to see her home week nights.

I imagine so is she,

David

Comments

Popular Posts