Short And Sweet With A Time-Traveling Phone Booth!



Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. Bill And Ted's Bogus Journey. Big Hero 6.Actually going out to the movies we usually reserve for Christmas and New Year's Day (though with the rebuilding of Oak Park Theatre where before Minot's 2011 flood you could go to a dollar for a ticket, that could change) so with all of us at home Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights we tuned into Hulu and while eating dinner watched the three movies above on those respective days. And it was a lot of fun -- of course, there were moments that felt like shouting matches (but not during the movies, YOU DO NOT SHOUT during a movie or even raise your voice when Martha is watching it! Or talk, if you can avoid it.) but Martha and I reliving some nostalgia with Excellent Adventure which came out in 1989 and Bogus Journey in 1991 -- the first with the slacker dudes in the time-traveling phone booth with George Carlin we had seen, the second one not -- and recalling Big Hero 6 with the kids really helps with some bonding, even if we don't recognize it sometimes.


Got some more artwork of Sarah's up at my office today, but Jeffrey wants to get his "just right". I had the kids with me at Breakfast with the Boys this past Saturday and I was gratified to have two of the "Boys" -- we're all adults -- come sit with us, especially since I got in there in maybe not the best of moods. Truthfully, even though I SAY I will never bring them to Breakfast with me again, after a while I miss the fellowship. And they go keep themselves occupied in either one of the Sunday school classrooms if not on their tablets during Bible study without too much complaint. Besides, afterward we'll often go somewhere they would like to go as breakfast wasn't quite filling, as I did with them after getting to a garage sale in the northwest part of town where of course I picked up a few more books (but I did limit myself) and Sarah saw a set of giant foam letters that she thought of getting for Avery, Breanna's two-month-old! I can just hear "Auntie Sarah" now.


And the potato olays from Taco John's. DO NOT forget the potato olays, David



Comments

Popular Posts