Reset To Day Seventy-Two



Thirteen years ago ...


Isaiah 40:25-31                                                        September 22
Intervarsity and Wendy in Boston                           10309.22

To whom then will ye liken me? or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One.
Lift up your eyes on high, And behold who hath created these things,
That bringeth out their host by number: He calleth them all by names
By the greatness of his might, for that he is strong in power;
Not one faileth. 25-26


This morning, I know. I did not fail, I do not fail, I will not fail to please my wife on day seventy-two of our married life. Teach me, though, to please You more.


[Other prayer requests at the bottom of the pages -- yes, this was a two page entry, the facing page being my review of Bette M. Ross' novel Song of Deborah -- were for Kimberly, where she is, and Gary, Mom's brother, and his wife Pat.]


Fast forward to now ...

Good Lord, where do I start? (And please forgive my blasphemy.) I've had so many books that I have read over the last few days after I promised I would get back to writing MY book which is sputtering more than I expected because I've either been so zonked when I get home at night to write my notes out -- correction, write the words out -- or I'm spread out among Martha, Sarah, and Jeffrey getting their reading caught up (Sarah and Jeffrey's I mean; did I really say "nothing" when MY mom and dad asked me what happened at school that day that much? Oy.) and wanting to draw more than two sentences out of them all regarding what they're doing, at work and in life. Martha starts on her bowling league tonight and choir for all of them is going great -- I would like to HEAR the kids sing more than often seems the case though.


I shouldn't complain though. In the time I do have that I don't pencil in every detail, I catch up on some reading, so let me start with what I last finished yesterday, DC Comics' collection of twenty-eight 2002 issues in Batman: Bruce Wayne -- Murderer? (ISBN 9781404246839) where the main character has the perfect alibi that he wasn't at the murder scene, but he can't use it! Bruce Wayne was out on patrol AS Batman when a reporter was killed on the first floor of Wayne Manor, and everybody who is not close to him wants to bring him down. We're not even told who the murderer is by the end of this book -- no, you'll have to pick up the next volume to find out. Or look it up on Wikipedia like I did. Hey, I really didn't believe Bruce Wayne or Batman would deliberately kill somebody, but it's hard for him to admit he needs anyone's help clearing his name.

Ick. I'm having a hard time finishing



Comments

Popular Posts