I'll Recap



Today's title is the beginning of my favorite status update or comment or item I have heard the second half of August, and I'll start with it today! And as usual, I've scrubbed posters' names unless they are either public figures or immediate family -- I avoid more lawsuits that way. Enjoy!


1. I'll recap: There somebody who knows everything telling somebody who knows nothing what an idiot they were, there was somebody trolling, some famous people died, some famous people got in trouble, some famous people did something good. Politicians are arguing. News happened. Memes, the Grumpy cat, the ice-bucket challenge, and yeah, that's about it.


[This was written in response to a young man who posted he'd been without Internet access for a week and he asked what he had missed. AND could probably take the place of most network news shows, I think. -- D.]



2. The downside of homeschooling is that the beginning of the school year is not as exciting as when public school starts. All these cute pics of kids going off to school, and mine are still in their pjs.


3. No relationship is ever a waste of your time. If it didn't bring you what you want, it taught you what you didn't want


4. Today I closed yet another chapter, I'm so thankful for my wonderful parents for all their support.


5. I've been told I'll eventually become insane or a burnout if I keep dwelling so intensely in the mental and intellectual and whatnot, going into intense thought about everything, understanding everything, exploring and understanding every single possibility to where I can nitpick everything wrong in works of fiction and half my comments while looking at it are about how hilariously wrong the depiction is.

But if I'm going to burnout or go crazy, might as well do so by doing what I enjoy, right?


6. I've been on a spiritual search for a year.. I don't always hit the mark, but I'm sure not going to purposely hurt somebody because my ego is greater than my inability to be considerate and without empathy.


7. I am honestly tired of hearing about the Ferguson shooting. Nothing good will come about if people dont quit acting like fools its just going to get worse.


8. Down in the dump where I remain today against my will here I stay.
With mental illness there is no escape,we're just learning for some its too late.
A disease one of its kind where it will blacken your mind and darken your soul.
Take a walk on the bright side of the dark side.


9. I'm pretty sure that people are just stupid and boring overall .. I overheard a phone conversation of a girl in my geology class as we were leaving class, and she was telling the other person how boring the class was "already" ... It's not boring, you're just an incompetent idiot who cannot comprehend simple geology


10. I think he's going to be a very interesting doctor [of the BBC show "Doctor Who" in which the twelfth person playing that role debuts this fall -- D.] and I, for one, am excited Now drop Clara off with the Ood or in some strange planet somewhere where no one will ever hear from again, and I'll be happy. OOoooh, or let the Cybermen have her!


11. I don't think the Alien ever closed its lips in the movies.

It's really freaky when they do. Like, they look almost human, peaceful, in some unholy way.


12. Yup. I love all my classes and ask my professors rock. Now, if the guy who makes barking noises in my art appreciation class, and the guy who texted the whole time in geology would drop, it would be perfect. (not to mention all the very rude people who came in 5-15 minutes late for the first day of class. but I think I'll manage anyways.


13. Tell me more about how a fashion model ended up running a small nation ...

... I'm here to show everyone that Africa is more than just this year's fashionable cause. It's easy to wear a T-shirt that says "Make Poverty History" until it fades in the wash.

I'm all for it. And while we're at it, let's make wealth compulsory. It would solve so many of the world's problems if everyone were a millionaire, don't you think?


14. In light of what Frank Miller said about how he can't watch any of the Batman movies, is it wrong that I now want to strap him in a movie theater chair Clockwork Orange style and force him to view Batman and Robin?


15. Do you suffer from Pelosium: or know people that does?
A major research institution has just announced the discovery of the
densest element yet known to science. The new element has been named
Pelosium.
Pelosium has one neutron, 12 assistant neutrons, 75 deputy
neutrons and 223 assistant deputy neutrons, giving it an atomic mass of
311.
These particles are held together by dark forces called morons, which are
surrounded by vast quantities of lepton-like particles called peons.
The symbol of Pelosium is PU.
Pelosium's
mass actually increases over time, as morons randomly interact with
various elements in the atmosphere and become assistant deputy neutrons
within the Pelosium molecule, leading to the formation of isodopes.
This characteristic of moron-promotion leads some scientists to believe that
Pelosium is formed whenever morons reach a certain quantity in
concentration


16. Of late my warped sense of humor is getting jogged around the track in both directions! Mercy. Spare me a nightmare filly, and hand over a towel and a dry change of clothes. The speed is good, the waterworks questionable. No fantasy fountains spewing real gold and silver - and it it did exist so, it would probably shoot something to land on a tender big toe. Ahem.


17. "
Christianity is something that if you really believed it, it would change your life and you would want to change [the lives] of others. I haven't seen too much of that."


broadcast 7/1/13, from "Learning From Young Atheists: What Turned Them Off Christianity" in The Christian Post -- first read by me 082114, 1117 hrs



18. I spoke with [the poster's daughter's] principal today (Couldn't find her teacher, I know she was there, but I couldn't find her, but I forgot to check the gym so she was probably in there). Anyway, I soooo tried NOT to tear up while talking to the principal, but hey, that's my little girl we're talking about here, and I've seen her fight and work so hard through her speech delay and really struggle and just come so so far with her speech and then to end up in the office for SAYING something bad....ACH!

Anyway, she wasn't IN the office for 2 and a half hours, she was in the FOCUS room for 2 and a half hours with another teacher, and another student was in there for part of the time as well. She DID have to read and do class work while she was in there, reading was NOT being used as a "punishment" (But because reading is so stressful for her it really FELT like a punishment for her poor girl, breaks my heart).

I relayed the message about how INCREDIBLY upset she was all day yesterday and how she's afraid that the principal and her teacher will now hate her and think she's a bad kid. The principal said he would make sure [the poster's daughter] knew everyone still loved her and she's NOT a bad kit at all, that they were all VERY shocked in the office when this all happened. Because she has never caused trouble and is such a good child and student (she was always a top 'bucket' filler in her class).

I'm getting ready to send an email to her teacher since I couldn't find her this morning. I turned in the paper work I had to sign (and [the poster's husband] signed as well), and I received a copy of it.

I RE-explained, that with [her daughter's] speech issues she's been working on for years now, she sometimes "loses" words and can't find the right word she wants to use, or it's a word she can't say. That often times 2-3 word phrases that she hears randomly throughout the day will "stick" with her and those will be used to "fill in the blanks" later on in conversation a day or even a month down the road. She doesn't even realize she's doing it 90% of the time. Often times while playing with a lot of other kids she freezes up and has trouble communicating with them and thus...."fill ins" are used or a word comes out wrong and they think she is saying something else, because she is struggling SO HARD to talk like all of the other kids because they often make fun of her for "speaking funny", and she hates it.

To add insult to injury the poor girl was already talking a few weeks ago about "hating herself" and "hating her mouth" and wanting a new "mouth and a new brain" because hers is broken. She loves everything ELSE about herself, but not her mouth because it doesn't listen to her brain, and her brain is broken. ACK! This did not really help her out any, at all. Sooo yeh, that lovely conversation came back yesterday.

[TPD] gave me the tightest hug today before she skipped down the hallway to breakfast with her 'sister' [TPD's friend] (who never believed [TPD] said that anyway, and doesn't care if she did because she KNOWS [TPD] didn't mean it because she KNOWS how [TPD] speaks and [TPD's friend] totally "gets" my daughter in every way because that's what 'sisters' do!


TPD = the poster's daughter


19. As Solo destroys a temple:
Mom: Like Samson on those were real stones
Me: But Samson was not a robot, Mom


20. Maybe I'm mean for saying this but.... It's funny how when u split from someone and lose weight, they seem to gain it. Bc what I saw the today....... Ooopha!


21. Your capacity to be both effective and happy is directly related to the quality of people whom most closely surround you every single day.


22. MATH = Mental Abuse To Humans


23. I remembered to set the access to "public" on this one. I'm too tired to think straight, most days.


24. I love nerds. They're always so precise. Not to mention there are forever little snippets of info shared in a healthy debate. I like the myth debunkers, the outspoken disapproval, the heated opinions, the casual corrections. All of it :') that is why I believe the geek shall inherit the earth :')


25. I feel so guilty asking for prayer for myself when there are so many who need the Lord's touch and comfort. God knows....


26. I've been around the internet for a while, and I've been part of this group for a while, and I think I've come across two things that the internet accepts as fact and what you're obligated to believe if you want to make any friends online:
1. Michael Bay is the enemy of your childhood. His movies are terrible, he's on a mission to destroy every cartoon you loved as a kid, and if you like a Michael Bay movie, especially Bay's Transformers or Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, you are an idiot who doesn't recognize the true greatness of the original cartoons they were based on, and if you take a child to see a Michael Bay movie, you are depriving them of true greatness.
2. The TV show Firefly is one of the greatest things to air on television, and it was canceled before it could reach its truest potential and before the world could know the true glory of Joss Whedon and Firefly. Also, Firefly's cancelation proves that the TV establishment are all a bunch of hacks who hate nerds with a passion.

These are just two things that the internet all agrees on and accept as unbreakable laws (to me at least). It's pretty weird.


27. I named both of his eyes, forever and unconditionally ....as he swings from that vine of a jungle tree


28. A cinnamon bun the size of my face! Yep, uh huh that's what I want!


29. AVENGERS #177 NOVEMBER 1978

JIM SHOOTER-PLOT/WRITER
DAVE WENZEL-PENCILS
PABLO MARCOS - INKS
ROGER STERN-EDITOR
"There's one of us left....ONE MAN! Or maybe you don't even COUNT me...because I'm JUST a man? Hear that Mike, this is no GOD hitting you..no SUPER-MAN! Just a man!"
- - Captain America
"NAY, woman! 'Tis the son of ODIN before thee now! If goddess thou art, thou knowest the strength of my resolve! SURRENDER...or verily I will SLAY thee!"
- - Thor
"Can you Thor? You are wounded! You sway unsteadily on your feet! The hammer trembles in your grasp...STRIKE SON OF ODIN...or must I force your hand?"
- - Carina

"...THE HOPE....AND THE SLAUGHTER!!!!"
The conclusion of the year long, 10 part storyline epic ends here....as ever member of both groups, except Thor and Moon Dragon are killed by the would be proprietor of the universe...Was Michael a evil person in the end wanting correct injustice in the universe?...that will be debated for the next decades to come...
THE KORVAC SAGA have so many undertones, and parables...no matter how majestic, omnipotent and powers he claim to have, it was love in the end that wounded his heart and ultimately defeated him. When he saw...and felt the hesitant in Carina's eyes of what he became, his will to go forward without her love was no more...for their acts of bravery, the heroes he slain, he restored their life....and ended his....


30. The best thing to do is the right thing.
The next best thing to do is the wrong thing.
The worst thing to do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt


31. Ok, this has to be a day that comes in alphabetical order between "Saturday" and "Sunday" ... going with vowel order, it'll start with "S-i".

R being the eighteenth letter of the Roman alphabet and N being the fourteenth, we'll go with the middle/sixteenth letter P, so we have "S-i-p".

And tack day onto the end, we have the middle day between Saturday and Sunday as

SIPDAY

(interpret that how you wish)

response to "I Need A Day Between Saturday and Sunday!", 082614, 1825 hrs



32. Love and hurt does not always go hand in hand, but when it does, it's like a 'dagger in the heart'.


33. I dated an FBI a
gent once ... and dumped him ... He became my FED EX

34. Generations is my favorite [Star Trek movie with The Next Generation cast -- D.], really ... perhaps not the smoothest transition between the original Enterprise crew and the ST: The Next Generation crew, but of all the films it seems the least afraid to poke fun at itself. Insurrection feels like Paramount just picked up the first TNG story they could find and made it into a movie -- it would have worked better as a two-hour episode and "What You Leave Behind" as a movie. First Contact's praise is almost overdone (and personally I thought it was overdone, but Star Trek time travel stories tend to do that to me). Nemesis ... is hard to say ANYTHING about, really. I didn't love it to death and I didn't really hate it either.

Generations did the most to tie up some loose ends, with Kirk's fate and Data's emotions and the Duras sisters and confronted Picard with something even worse than the Borg assimilating him as Locutus did -- the Borg using his knowledge of Starfleet tactics and strategy to overcome the organization he'd devoted his life to doesn't compare to what staying in the Nexus would have given him ... a family of his own, something and someone to come home to after the day is done and the new life is found, etc. I think it made him a better human being to see the Enterprise ripped out from under him than an easy fix would have.


35. Sometimes I jus wonder if I'll make it through the night or make it till tomorrow. No one knows but The Lord does no one knows what we're thinking or how we feel or the next step that we are Goin to take or out next breath or our last breath but other then The Lord.


36. In a word
, God gave Jeremiah the comfort of integrity.


37. nothing like being told not to talk in my own home. I kinda miss having days to myself


38. You haven't seen me much here on the wall the past couple of days because I've been immersed in a project that I hoped would give me more insight on precisely when to expect the King. What I found STILL has me in tears, it's just SO MERCIFUL of the King!!!!!

I went into Nasa's Eclipse Website and pulled up every single blood moon all the way back to 1938......which is BEFORE the prophetic generation could have started. Any start date prior to 1941 won't work, but I wanted to establish a pattern.

I wrote down every single blood moon from 1938 all the way through 2050....then I calculated their distance apart, the time duration of the groups, and the distance between groups. I then went to the Torah Calendar and looked up every single one to see whether it fell on a feast, and which one. Then I studied the Parashah Cycles for applicable Sabbaths.

I've patterned every single, every double, every triad, every tetrad that could possibly be applicable. I also went back to 1493 and plotted that tetrad the same way....looking up every single date on the Torah Calendar to find out what was happening in the Jewish world when that blood moon showed up.

I've also been scanning for secular world events for those particular time frames......oh boy - THIS IS FUN!!!

These blood moons are another verification of all the rest of my results that show atleast 11 months of 2015 is Trib time.....maybe all of it.

This is so cool........GLORY TO THE KING!!!!!!

I can hardly wait to share my results with you - you're going to LOVE IT!!!

I'm still trying to find even more patterns in all this data, and the ones I've already found will make you go.......WOW!!!

I can show you how the blood moons in the entire prophetic generation are PACKED with them falling precisely on feast days - and then after May 2022 - ZIP, NADA, NOTHING. Every single blood moon projected through 2050 falls on a NOTHING DAY......nothing on feast days till 2032 - which is outside of the prophetic generation no matter how you slice it. Even if 1948 was the start of the generation instead of 1941 - that's outside of it......

Dang, I'm crying. There's no way I can lay all this data out for you on the show today without bawling my head off in that process.......(deep breath). It's going to totally blow you away......if I can effectively communicate it. I'll trust God for that.....


39. Old School still works in Louisiana....


40. Someone I care about was grossly mistreated today. She was blatantly and viciously judged and criticized because she has a medical card for her son.
I don't often share this story, but today it seems appropriate:
When [the poster's husband] and I first married he was in law school and I was working two jobs in retail. In order to live in the town where he went to school, my 80 plus hours were barely enough. His parents helped. My parents helped.
We planned to wait until he graduated to start a family but God saw fit to bless us with your precious son at that time.
I knew nothing of services available. My doctor advised me to seek a medical card. When I went to the office I was redirected about three times. Each time with disinterest, impatience, and no compassion.
When I finally found the correct place I went to windowed-wall and the worker on the other side slid a metal drawer (like a bank) and asked for my documentation. I was given a number and was thus referred by each visit thereafter.
I sat in the sterile waiting area for 3 hours.
When I finally met my worker I was searching for an inkling of compassion, of humanness. I was alone, pregnant, scared, and overwhelmed.
The worker had not one kind word. Not one. She never even said my name. I finally could hold it in no longer and began to weep. My tears were an unwelcome nuisance to her. She didn't acknowledge them or me.

I qualified for the medical card thankfully, but what I took away from the experience was a passion for helping. I needed someone, anyone to see me...The human being.

As I teach my human service professionals in training it is the first lesson I give. People are valuable. People are not their circumstances. People are not their diagnoses. People are not even their choices or behaviors. All of these things are part of the person but, he or she is first and always a being who feels. Someone who needs a kind word in the midst of crisis. Someone who needs just a glimmer of hope when all seems lost.
We truly don't know anyone else's story. Who are we to judge?!
You might just find yourself walking the same path in the blink of an eye. I pray you are met with genuineness, unconditional positive regard, and empathy. And if you are not...use your voice (that I couldn't find) and demand otherwise.


41. 
No one should have the power to make you feel small.

Remember, you are the one with the power to create your happiness.


42. If the road is not good cement it..
Just like the face
Cement it with love


43. Cops make me paranoid. Whenever I see one behind me or on the side of the road, I panic. I know we're supposed to feel safer when there are cops around, but I don't. Don't get me wrong, I have the utmost respect for cops. But because of experiences like the one I had today, they make me feel powerless and not in control of the situation, which for me, often leads to a panic attack.

I was driving to breakfast with my mom. I noticed a cop behind me at a red light. We went through when the light turned green, and I safely changed into the right-hand lane. The cop pulled up next to me briefly, then backed off and changed lanes to end up behind me. I signaled to go up an off ramp and he turned his lights on. Now I'm in full panic mode. I wasn't speeding, I signaled both times, and my brake lights and everything should be fine. Why the hell is he pulling me over?

I pull to the shoulder and put my hazards on. I reach behind me to grab my ashtray cup to put my cigarette out. Then I reach for my purse and pull out my license and registration. The cop walks up to my window and says, "I see you have your seat belt on *now*." I stammered because I was so taken aback and said, "I always wear my seat belt." "You weren't just now," he says. Not trying to argue, but telling the truth I said, "Yes I did, sir." My mom even protested, and said that I did indeed have my belt on. He then goes on to explain that he didn't see any signs of a belt when he was next to me or behind me. Meanwhile he tosses my registration back in the window at me and says he needs my proof of insurance.

I'm clearly upset now. My hands shook as I grabbed my other wallet and accidentally gave him the expired insurance, and quickly gave him the current one. He said to sit tight and he went back to his squad car. Now I'm on the verge of tears, but I can't let him see it. He comes back and says "Well, [the poster's name], I won't issue you a ticket this time, but you need to wear a safety belt at all time in a moving vehicle." "Yes sir, thank you sir." And that was it.

I don't feel safe around cops. Especially when they essentially call me a liar and act like they're doing me a favor by not issuing me a $10 ticket that I didn't deserve in the first place. When I'm talked down to like a child, I don't feel safe. I feel trapped in my car, faced with an authority figure who is in complete control of the situation. Did I mention how intimidating that is? I was polite the entire time, had the proper documentation. I did everything I could.

As soon I pulled away from the scene, I started bawling. Because I felt threatened and intimidated and insulted. But mostly I didn't feel safe.


44. "this kid oriented space opera doesn't adhere to my adults standards of science fiction which is defined as a future setting commentating on todays society through speculation on scientific advances, woe is me"


45. OK, time for funny stories. At 4:30 this morning at the red light in Welaka, [the poster's sister] rolled her window down and back up to defrost it. I decided I would do the same on the driver's side when in came a big spider! I went aaaaa! aaaaa! And slid into the pharmacy parking lot. Never did find him. We said Lord please protect us because we have to keep moving. We said later that maybe he went out when I opened the door. It is pouring rain right now, but I am spraying that car this evening!

We both took naps when we got home and .... I had to go to Welaka Pharmacy to get Donna's prescriptions that I dropped off on the way home. I asked [the poster's niece or granddaughter, I don't remember which] I had dark circles under my eyes. She looked at me and said, No, just wrinkles. I got a chuckle out of that one! Honesty is the best policy!


46. Me: Do you know what a Trojan horse is?
Sarah: Something that poops out Trojans!

[If you think about it, my daughter's technically right ...]



47. He was dying, and the dying always tried to cry some variation of the word no.




48. I can move as long as I have a headrest.



49. This better than a mansion!


[Those last two were courtesy of my son Jeffrey on our lazy day yesterday; the first from when he, Martha, and Sarah were situated on the couch for the evening, and the second from when Martha had just taken one of those online quizzes.]



Now for my day of productive labor, David

Comments



  1. God bless Dr. Temi for his marvelous work in my life, I was diagnosed of Neutron Moron Disease since 2012 and I was taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the neutron moron disease out of my system, I searched about some possible cure for NEUTRON MORON DISEASE i saw a comment about Dr. Temi, how he cured Neutron Moron Disease with his herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health, he sent me the medicine through UPS SPEED POST. I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 14 days later i was cured from Neutron Moron Disease, Dr. Temi truly you are great, do you need his help also? Why don't you contact him through doctortemiherbalhome@gmail.com whatsapp him on +2348112252378

    DOCTOR TEMI CAN AS WELL CURE THE FOLLOWING DISEASE:-

    1. HIV/AIDS
    2. HERPES
    3. CANCER
    4. ALS
    5. NEUTRON MORON DISEASE

    ReplyDelete


  2. God bless Dr. Temi for his marvelous work in my life, I was diagnosed of Neutron Moron Disease since 2012 and I was taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the neutron moron disease out of my system, I searched about some possible cure for NEUTRON MORON DISEASE i saw a comment about Dr. Temi, how he cured Neutron Moron Disease with his herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health, he sent me the medicine through UPS SPEED POST. I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 14 days later i was cured from Neutron Moron Disease, Dr. Temi truly you are great, do you need his help also? Why don't you contact him through doctortemiherbalhome@gmail.com whatsapp him on +2348112252378

    DOCTOR TEMI CAN AS WELL CURE THE FOLLOWING DISEASE:-

    1. HIV/AIDS
    2. HERPES
    3. CANCER
    4. ALS
    5. NEUTRON MORON DISEASE

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts