Accountants, Bookkeepers, And Other Infectious Weirdos



When Sarah told me that her friend Scottie who'd spent Saturday night at our house said that I was an "infectious weirdo", as first I admit I was speechless. Then insulted. Now it's a compliment. To be quite fair, after I got how from work at Marketplace Saturday afternoon I spent most of the time sleeping in sight of Martha and the kids -- between the daily morning paper route, the weekdays I spend at Fast Cash, and my weekend stint at Marketplace (Saturdays are a lock, Sundays as I can get the hours) had me working Sunday for the first time in weeks. I'm getting better with the power naps though ...

Which is another reason for me to build a thriving Shaklee business and get healthier as well as help others do the same thing! I was on the phone with a friend yesterday from Florida about it along with a friend who introduced me to Shaklee here, and everybody sees something different. Some see the health benefits, some see the compensation plan, some see the business opportunity ... the point is, and I'm learning this too, is that nobody want to be sold anything. And I certainly don't want people to feel on the spot with me ... if I have done that, intentionally or not, please may I ask for your forgiveness.

So yes, my work was a full weekend and last night after coming home the kids' cousin Josceline came to stay the night on a school night because her mom had to work late we enjoyed baked chicken with cream of chicken soup thickened with sour cream and French cut green beans. Normally Josceline's with Martha's parents but they are -- as I write this, likely already at -- the annual Disabled American Veterans reunion held in Branson, Missouri along with Josceline's older sister Breanna. It's a tradition that Robert and Sharon take one of their kids (or grandkids, in Breanna's case) with them to the reunion wherever it is if they're able to pay their own way.

Since Breanna who graduated high school this past June is working full time at Dakota Square's Leeann Chin restaurant and the best person there, I hear, she's more than able to do that. Tonight Jeffrey's got his first Cub Scout meeting of the year and it ought to be exciting -- I'll be getting there as I leave work and Martha will have already brought the kids there. And speaking of Jeffrey, when I got home Sunday I was ready to snap and I did. I stormed off to fold and sort the laundry complaining internally that I'm the only one who does this, and a few minutes later Jeffrey brought in that photo I posted here today. It now is taped up on the center door of our kitchen cupboard.

It touched me (though why do I have the jagged hair and him the wavy hair?) and I am thankful.

David

Comments

Popular Posts