Status UnQuo



[And in keeping with all the Star Trek episodes in which Q is either a major antagonist at most or annoyance at best, today's title needed to have the letter q capitalized. I also SO have to appreciate the irony that is the seventeenth letter of the Roman alphabet, and today's the seventeenth! So here they are, my favorite and favorite-worded statuses and otherwise for July 1 through July 15. Just go through until you find something you like! -- David]




1. [Dr. Pulaski, the Enterprise-D CMO Season 2] was the worst Doctor. She was simply terrible (the actress was very good at the role, though), but Pulaski was a terrible doctor, even if she was a brilliant surgeon. I'll tell you why.. Data being an android, despite being a machine, brought out the most ignorant, biased, closed minded person to ever come out of Starfleet Academy (besides just about every Admiral). Just because Data is a machine, she treated him like he was just a coffee maker, or toaster, or something. If she was a doctor, truly, not just a surgeon, she would have known Data is sentient, making him a person, morally, but instead of getting to know Data right away whenever he would interact with her, she completely ignored him. If she's like this with Data, how would she be with a new life form that isn't humanoid, or entirely organic? What would she be like with Liberated Borg crew members? What about a techno-organic race? No, if I was Ship Captain, I would be honored to have her on my ship, but she would definately not be Chief Medical Officer. Not getting top position would probably result in her asking for a transfer immediately. Despite the advanced society, I've noticed people in Star Trek still thrive for power within whatever organization they're in, Maquis, Starfleet, whatever. Not only is she bias towards non-organics, her strive to show off her status as 'the best' clouds her judgement on the job she's doing. And that's my reason for Pulaski being the worst Doctor in Starfleet Medical, even if she is one of the best surgeons.




2. Imagine if supervillainesses who wore skimpy clothing were teens with overbearing parents:
Ivy: Ok, Dad, I'm going out to cover the city in plants.
Ivy's Dad: IVY! Get back here. What do you think you are doing?
Ivy: I am going out! What does it look like?
Ivy's Dad: No daughter of mine is going out dressed like some... some... bar-skank! Get back into your room and change into something better!
Ivy: But, Dad, this is all a part of my image!
Ivy's Dad: Well it is a terrible image and I am not going to stand for it! You are not going to fight Batman dressed like that!
Ivy: ARGH! YOU ARE SO UNFAIR! I CAN DRESS HOWEVER I WANT!
Ivy's Dad: As long as you live in my house, you live by my rules! I know what those villains think of girls that dress like... like THAT!
Ivy: I HATE YOU! YOU ARE RUINING MY LIFE! *Slams the door*
Ivy's Dad: Ugh, kids!



 3. I'm working off a theory that goes that our heroines are taught by their parents that their clothing choices don't define their experiences and villainesses were repressed or hindered in their personal expressions.





4. Wow. What's a girl supposed to look like to work? I get this alot. "Your to pretty to be out here working. Why don't you let me be your sugar daddy?" Then men wonder why women get lazy and think they don't have to work. Not only that but married men. Cmon. Not to pretty to work but im very sure I'm pretty enough to get a REAL man.




 5. Best guess for your age is:

20 [I'm 42. -- D.]






 
6. Each obstacle is a stepping stone. I just have to keep THAT in my mind ... I don't understand it right now, but I DO know they each failure is preparing me for success. I don't ask for an easier life or a lighter load ... I'm praying for a stronger back!!!





 
7. If u can't take care of ur responsibility, don't reproduce......




 8. I made the right decision it seems. For 9 months I've been trying to outline a book and couldn't. That I've had a few obstacles in the way is sure but now the way's been made smooth. I'll want some of you to look at certain chapters as I get them written if you will?




 9. With so many activist organizations vying for attention today, it’s a good time to be vigilant and steadfastly refuse to relinquish your individuality. Don’t allow any class of people to refer to you as "one of us" just because they happen to have a particular characteristic in common with you, whether it be sex, skin color, religious affiliation, occupation, or other.

Better to insist on remaining independent and showing the world what you, as a unique individual, have to offer. If you’re a woman, you’re different than any other woman in the world; if you’re an elderly person, there is no other elderly person exactly like you; if your skin color is brown, there isn’t another brown person in existence with the same traits you possess.

Plain and simple, if you’re a human being, you’re a one of a kind, which is why you should never allow crusaders of purported good causes to become a barrier between you and your efforts to demonstrate your uniqueness to the world.





 10. So.... Now I see why I keep my friends close.... But keep my enemies way closer!!!! Yep now I see why I can't stand people like that




 11. Whenever my thoughts turn to Jesus, tears instantly emerge. The thankfulness I feel for his overpowering love keeps me humble and in tune to his mercy and kindness.





12. [Poster's daughter]- "She was too close when she was talking to me."
Me- "Was she in your bubble?"
[P.d.]- "yes!"
Me- "she just thought you were pretty."
[P.d.]- "I know but you have to stand back a little to see something really pretty"

Well said sweetie.


 13. Happy Independence Day my lovelies! Now go explode stuff!




 14. Choose an attitude of wonderment, taking in all that is being said without assuming you already know what the speaker is talking about. Let go of jumping ahead to finish his or her thoughts. In order to learn you have to risk change... changing your mind !

- Dwight Frindt





 15. 30 Day Comic Book Challenge- Day 2- Favorite Character:

Spider-Man

This should be obvious to some people. My favorite character in all of comics and all of fiction for that matter is of course, the Amazing Spider-Man! Hell, he's literally the first fictional character I ever got into. Spidey has literally been there for me for most of my life. But why is he my favorite character? Well it's pretty simple really.

To me, he's the greatest hero of all time. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Truth is, like a lot of people, I see a lot of myself in Peter Parker. In the beginning of Spidey's career, during Stan Lee's and Steve Ditko's run on the character specifically, he was a pretty vindictive dude. Who could blame him really? Everything sucks when you're a teenager! I used to get bullied all the time for being a geek too. And yes, that really pissed me off. No one ever likes feeling helpless after all, or taken for granted for that matter. In that I related to Peter Parker.

As he grew up, I too grew up. He became more confident in himself as a crime fighter. I got into martial arts for 6 years. But the most interesting thing about Spider-Man is that his story is a very realistic one. To quote Chris Sims from Comics Alliance: "Spider-Man teaches you that you’re going to screw up. It’s going to happen, and it’s going to be bad. You’re going to make bad decisions and it’s going to feel like they’re going to crush you. It’s going to hurt. But Spider-Man also teaches you that the only way to get through it is that you never, ever quit. It’s not easy, but even if it seems impossible, you can beat anything that stands in your way. You can become the person you want to be."

And that's what Spider-Man does. That's what I did as I grew up! It should be noted that although he started out as a teenager, he never called himself Spider-Boy, but rather Spider-Man. In the beginning, when he put on that mask, he turned into a wise cracking, happy go lucky, smart ass! He pretended to be the confident person he wanted to be. And over time, starting with John Romita Sr.'s run, he became that very person. And no matter how much crap is thrown his way, whether it's losing his first love, having his best friend betray him, getting his marriage sold to the Devil (Ugh! I know.), and even having a supervillain steal his body, he still never gave up and came up on top! Spider-Man is the hero that never gives up. As a young lad, that proved to be very important to me. As I grew up, I turned from a bitter, pessimistic person, into a happy go lucky, optimistic, wise cracker in my own right! I became the man I wanted to be, and no matter how much life threw at me, Spidey was always there to remind me to pick myself up again. So with that I'll leave you with this iconic image and all it's symbolic glory!





 16. New nanny pal complaining about working ten hr day. When her one child naps from 1:30-5 everyday! !Oh and she starts routine at 1!!! What the what?!! Can't start a business w/folks that have work ethics like this!!





17. What we have is profound, but it must never become profoundly familiar.



18. Sarah: You're eating an ABC donut.
Jeffrey: What's an ABC donut?
Sarah: Already Been Chewed!

[MY Sarah and Jeffrey, so I don't have to blot out their names! -- D.]




19. Cutting the last piece of this mock up and then I can sew. This dress is going to be amaze balls. I just know it. Because nothing says "I am woman, hear me roar" like a female body flattering dress with skulls all over it.

 20. Allot Of People Make A Mess Of There Life And Blame Others.

When Are You Going To Grow Up and Take Responsibility? At Some Point You Are Going To Face The Music.





 21. Jehovahs' Witness : Hello Miss can we talk to you today about Jesus?
Me: Well sure what do you want to know?
JW (looking slightly perturbed) : I mean can we discuss the Bible?
Me: (trying to get groceries out of the truck) Yahuh give it your best shot, and I'll try to explain it all to you...
JW: Ma'am are you a Christian?
Me: Well, to tell you the truth, I'm a Witch. BUT my cats are all non denominational...




 22. Saw two hula hooper chicks
One with dreads and no shoes





 23. So, I've not accomplished much today, but I've at least got the xbox hooked up to the bigger tv in the living room and the smaller one moved into my bedroom. I still have oodles to figure out and clean and dust and reorganize. It sort of sucks, but at the same time it's awesome. Also, if anyone has any creative ideas for how to recover chairs, please holler at me. I know how to cover and staple with a staple gun, but I'm thinking maybe there's a neater way to do it, or maybe there's an embellishment technique I'm not aware of. Heh.




 24. My grandaughter, Lilianna Angela, was born last night. She has been moved to Lutheran General as she has an enlarged heart. A very good friend of mine just told me that this is an excellent hospital and that she is in very good hands....
She is so beautiful.....I haven't seen her yet, though we were up at the hospital last night until 1am...they were running tests, etc......
Amanda's mom is with Jack, so he also is in excellent care.
I had my dental surgery this morning, so I"m out of commission for a few days.....





 25. Starting at the lowest paid position, in a year’s time at $600 a month, six officials on the city council draw $43,200 a year. The salary seems phenomenal at first glance until one realizes the paltry sum doesn’t equal to more than $7,200 a year for each councilman.

Decidedly no one runs for councilman for the salary it brings so it has to be a position people are drawn to for other reasons.

We have a good panel of city councilman here and I think they're drawn to the position because they love Mt. Washington. That was my daddy's reason for running for the position and it's the only one I understand.





 26. 31 years ago today I married the young man of my then dreams an as the years have gone by he keeps turning in to the man of my now dreams my grown up dreams . I have been so blessed that we have just kept growing together and in the same direction . I have no doubt that we will keep going the same way forever . I Love you Larry . I know you don't hVe fB lol but your friends / my friends/ our friends and family do a good job keeping you posted on my post




 27. The movie "Man of Steel" was based on your life! You are one of the most incredible people currently living on this planet. You have a huge heart, you love helping people, you will always make the right call, no matter the personal consequences, and you will always put the well being of others ahead of yourself. Also, you look really good in blue and red!





 
28. When we find ourselves in a place of frustration, it behooves us to take inventory of how we are treating ourselves, those we know and love and of course those we aren't fond of. Don't allow your feelings to turn a pit stop into a final destination.




 29. Did you hear about the Italian chef that died. He pasta way. We cannoli do so much his legacy will become a pizza history. Here today gone tomato How sad that he ran out of thyme. Sending olive my prayers to the family. His Wifi is really upset. Cheese still not over it you never sausage a tragic thing..



30. The outline of the book is 1/4 done and already the characters are speaking out for themselves. But then, I kind of expected that, too.





31. Culture is the expression of a company's character, and culture is the expression of your character.



 

32. Did you know there isn't such a thing as a PALESTINIAN?? They are Jordanians, Egyptians......even Yasser Arafat was born in EGYPT, not Israel.

Mahmood Abbas, the President of the PA was born in Israel, so he's an Israeli Arab.

God gave ISRAEL the land........that's just how it is. They can fight it from now till doomsday, and they will......all because some idiot decided to alter their history and dupe the people into thinking that land was theirs. They really think that - because they have been deprived of the knowledge of the TRUE HISTORY of the land.





 33. Well, what a day. Got to the eye appointment and they ran their insurance only to tell me that they were 3 months TOO EARLY for their appointment so Insurance wouldn't cover it. (figures). They asked if any of the kids were having eye issues (OF COURSE NOT....) Then I remembered that [this poster's daughter] has been complaining of her eyes being "weird" so they went ahead and did her eye exam since she was having issues, and the boys will go back in September for their exam. Turns out? [T.p.d.] gets glasses. Her eyes are fine...but they aren't working together, they aren't cooperating, so her eyes have poor coordination which is something she will likely out grow. Next problem? Her insurance won't cover it, because she's ONE 'unit' off on her eye exam, not bad enough for insurance to cover it. Soooo it'll cost us $106 out of pocket (for the glasses frames and lenses, her insurance covered the exam). So yay. School clothes still need to be bought, and now we get to pay for glasses But that's ok, because I don't want my kiddo to struggle because her eyes aren't cooperating with each other! She'll have to wear them when she's reading and she'll probably wear them all day at school (whenever she needs to focus on something). So we will be putting $50 down on her glasses on pay day, and paying the rest when they come in. She'll wear them for 2 months and then go back in for another check up. They are really cute little glasses too A veeery light/clear blue plastic frame that just looks adorable. She's excited about her glasses. Hopefully she won't need to wear them long. After the eye appointment we walked around down town for a bit. Stopped at a couple of shops, and [t.p.d.] found a purple BARBIE BUS that would fit all her Barbies! Oh how badly she wanted it. Only to be told "Sorry it's not for sale...the owner has kids and is keeping it..." (I'm sorry, but if you aren't selling it, you should have had it in the BACK where other people can't see it, especially if it's sitting with other stuff that WAS for sale). So poor [t.p.d.] was so sad She's been wanting one of those so badly. So we looked at another store, and found a BRIGHT PINK Barbie convertible (sadly only fits two Barbie's) but it's like the one I had when I was growing up and she's in love with it, and is happy, and only cost us $2.




 34. What's up with the kids left in hot cars and snake bites? It appears to be the only thing you see on the news. What is the world coming to?




 35. history is the absolute 1st cousin to ministry of the Gospel--who said that? Richard "Dick" Turtle Watkins, highwayman, minstrel and Reluctant Reverend, Bishop of Surrey retired




36. God will place you on a platform where the crabs, snakes and gators won't matter because they won't be able to reach you! If God be for us, it doesn't matter who is against us.



37. Someone asked me yesterday "how does one let a family fall apart and divide" unfortunately I know the answer!! You invite the devil into your home!!





38. Since we were just in Morgantown, WV, and since we are all HUGE Andy Griffith fans, I thought I'd share this little story my mom sent me yesterday. DP/LT

As a boy, Jesse was a chicken plucker. He stood on a line in a chicken factory and spent his days pulling the feathers off dead chickens so the rest of us wouldn't have to. It wasn't much of a job, but at the time, Jesse didn't think he was much of a person.
His father was a brute of a man. His dad was actually thought to be mentally ill and treated Jesse rough all of his life.
Jesse's older brother wasn't much better. He was always picking on Jesse and beating him up.
Yes, Jesse grew up in a very rough home in West Virginia. Life was anything but easy and he thought life didn't hold much hope for him.
That's why he was standing in this chicken line, doing a job that darn few people wanted.
In addition to all the rough treatment at home, it seems that Jesse was always sick. Sometimes it was real physical illness, but way too often it was all in his head. He was a small child, skinny and meek. That sure didn't help the situation any.
When he started to school, he was the object of every bully on the playground. He was a hypochondriac of the first order.
For Jesse, tomorrow was not always something he looked forward to.
But, he had dreams. He wanted to be a ventriloquist. He found books on ventriloquism. He practiced with sock puppets and saved his hard earned dollars until he could get a real ventriloquist dummy.
When he got old enough, he joined the military, and even though many of his hypochondriac symptoms persisted, the military did recognize his talents and put him in the entertainment corps. That was when his world changed. He gained confidence.
He found that he had a talent for making people laugh, and laugh so hard they often had tears in their eyes.
Yes, little Jesse had found himself.
History books are full of people who overcame a handicap to go on and make a success of themselves, but Jesse is one of the few who didn't overcome it. Instead he used his paranoia to make a million dollars, and become one of the best-loved characters of all time in doing it!
Welcome to The American Dream.

Jesse Donald 'Don' Knotts
(July 21, 1924 - February 24, 2006)







39. So Archie bought it. Well, one thing we all learned is that no one really dies in comics. Hell, they brought Captain America back. Maybe if they got Archie to the Genesis planet in time, it might re-animate him. Weep not for Archie, he was already dead anyway.





 
40. I only hang out with my own kind in groups!! Don't get it twisted fool




 41. WELL JUST GOT WORD THEY ARE TAKING THE SCREWS OUT OF MY HEAD NEXT TUESDAY , WAITING ON THEM TO CALL ME BACK ON MRI I HAVE TO HAVE ANOTHER ONE BEFORE SURGERY , AND PRE OP THURSDAY WAITING ON TIMES IT WILL BE 4 YEARS SAME DAY OF SURGERY SINCE I HAD BRAIN TUMER REMOVED THERE ARE ALOT OF RISKS I CAN BLEED OUT OR BECOME MORE PARALIZED THAN I AM ALL I CAN DO IS KEEP MY FAITH AND THINK POSITIVE JUST KNOW I LOVE YOU ALL AND YOU WILL BE IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ALWAYS I WILL BE BACK SOON AS I CAN IF I SURVIVE WILL LET YOU ALL KNOW MORE WHEN I KNOW I LOVE YOU ALL VERY MUCH GOD BLESS I AM FEELING VERY NERVOUS NOT SURE WHAT ALL I FEEL




 42. Heck yeah, I got Superhero! You know why? BECAUSE I AM ONE! HA! You knew I was awesome and now you know why!




 43. In order to evolve I must often council my inner naysayer.




 44. I hear ya, but they deserve their dad and I KNOW sometimes time alone will inspire the most growth. hopefully he'll get it together and be the dad they need when he gets out. I would never keep them from him, it is killing them to be away from him, especially Zada. just praying he gets it!




 45. I hope all your ups and downs are between the sheets
 

Comments

Popular Posts