So I'm Under 12 Today.



That, according to Minot Public Library this morning. We didn't notice until I had checked out four books to read (yes, in addition to the five or six I have in various degrees of completion; I'm a maniac, a maniac, I know) that the card was signed by my six-year-old son Jeffrey. Which means my card is on our bookshelf at home. I related this story before I got to work and laughed at myself: ah, if only I knew then what I know now.



But think about it; WHAT at twelve are you really equipped (or not) to handle as an adult? I know I wish I did not have to deal with some issues right now that – I don't know – may have been a breeze when I was twelve. And it's for those lately that I covet your prayers; as for me and my house we will serve the LORD, but right now my physical house I am (we are) having some issues with. I am not worried any more, but I know most anything can happen.



I did not know Wall Street was named because New York City actually built a wall in the mid-seventeenth century. Or that you can physically make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, it was done in 1921. I did know … well, quite a few things in Richard Shenkman and Kurt Reiger's One-Night Stands with American History (ISBN 0060538201) but I am even more fascinated by what I learn or re-learned in this book going up to 2003. Subtitled “Odd, Amusing, and Little-Known Incidents”,



you're sure to find something here that is an “aha” or “eureka” moment to you! Such was my drive home after work last night, after I picked up Sarah and Jeffrey and asked them what would be good to make with the ground turkey that had been thawing on the stove all day. Sarah shot out “spaghetti” and as she and Jeffrey were making comments on their day it reminded me of the half-box of whole wheat spaghetti pasta we had in our cabinet.



Boil that and ground the turkey meat, add two cans of tomato sauce, and toast white bread then butter it and voila! Got a great and filling dinner … Martha added her touch to what was left over to make it lasagna with some cottage cheese after she got home for the night. I've got some brilliant people I live with, I really do … makes me jealous sometimes.
 
 


But that is NOT a good idea, David

Comments

Popular Posts