Sarah Wanted To Read Today ...



... and on her own she's been reading a copy of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz; got through chapter three yesterday -- when we also played two rounds of UNO -- where Dorothy has been kissed by the Good Witch of the North. AND she now wears a neat-looking pair of glasses, but for right now only at school. Jeffrey's looking at a pair in two years' time as his eyes get bigger. Anyway, as my guest reader for today, except for a few, for these anonymous statuses I collected this second half of January, I can't help being proud. She even helped me with hearing Jeffrey do his reading for the day while I ate dinner -- his choice was Dr. Seuss' Yertle the Turtle -- last night. We are in for a GREAT year, I know it!

David


1. Not in a sound, young body, with strong new climbing gear, thanks. I'll use a telephoto lens and watch the show.

2. Breaking between sets at the gym scrolling through my news feed and all I see is chocolate. Ugh

3. Storm is spending the night with Samuel. The house seems so empty when he's gone.

4. TRY TO TURN THIS BEAST OF ME INTO A BEAUTY LMBO

5. It is never the villain that is scary, it is the desperate man who was pushed too much and made a harsh decision and started going down that road, and before he knew it himself, he was not what he set out to be.

6. The greatest enlightenment thus far is realizing that life truly is what I make it. Everything I'm doing today is things that I thought up in my head and spoke into existence years ago .... literally. It's so crazy sitting back watching; it is just how I imagined it! God is good all the time! About to get in my kitchen and work my magic.

7. Fall in love when you're ready, not when you're lonely

8. If you have something to say, try saying it to me. I am sick and tired of this.

9. I came, I saw, I conquered the cake!... It was delicious

10. Friends and fans, it is with great sorrow and sadness that we must tell you we have lost another amazing child to cancer. Today Justin Miller ended his long battle with Neuroblastoma. He fought his cancer an amazing 7 times and was known as a Ninja Warrior who loved Legos. Justin was also a child ambassador for St. Baldrick's Foundation and starred in a Stand Up To Cancer commercial with Jon Lester of the Red Sox to bring awareness to the plight of children battling cancer. He is a hero. Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers as they move through this very difficult time.

11. Oh dear...now taxpayer welfare dollars going to pot...literally.

12. Memo to [New York City] Mayor [Bill] DeBlasio: Here is David giving instruction to kids. Low initial implementation. Guaranteed high reward. No showboating here.

13. " When I wake up this morning & look in the mirror, I am looking at the number one player in my life."

14. I've been around people who act like the dog in this book, too. And me being a Christian, I really wanted to slap them off of their "higher pedestal". LOL!! I can only imagine what non-Christians think about it. No wonder they run the other way....

Bleh...

We need to be *real*, not "churchy."

15. I woke before daylight to find another, fresh half-inch of snow on the ground. After daylight, perhaps another quarter inch came down atop that...it's cold, the breeze cuts like hundreds of tiny obsidian knives. A pot of soup on the stove, a manuscript to work on, the sun currently pouring brilliance across a stark white, minimalist landscape. And the day is barely begun, yet more than half gone. When night lays down its cold measure, the fire will stand guard. Golden, blazing orange, smoky ash, rose red, blue into green. Flickering, murmuring to candles lit, thinking of the sweat of summer's pride.

16. Let her sleep for when she wakes she will move mountains. No. No. No. Because if you don’t she will hurt you..

17. Here's the problem. Men and women in comics are typically anatomically cartoonized. FEW men and women have the build that we demand of our superheroes as we perceive them from the comics. Fine example was Thor. Hemsworth is just absolutely jacked, he looked GREAT as Thor, but there were STILL people going NOPE, not muscular enough to be Thor, as steroided WWE superstar Triple H was apparently the only thing acceptable enough. He still pulled off the God of Thunder amazingly as well.. I have every faith in Gal [Gadot, the actress slated to play Wonder Woman in movies] because she doesn't need to be Lucy Lawless or Chyna jacked, if her acting skills are up to par, she can exude a sense of strength of power just by sheer presence and that's all we really need from Wonder Woman or any other hero for that matter.

18. You adulterate the truth as you write. There isn't any pretense that you try to arrive at the literal truth. And the only consolation when you confess to this flaw is that you are seeking to arrive at poetic truth, which can be reached only through fabrication, imagination, stylization. What I'm striving for is authenticity; none of it is real. ― W. G. Sebald

19. If you're around me long enough, you will become better than yesterday. I don't tolerate people who stays the same cause where am going, I will need great leaders by my side.

20. Ugh seizures have been worse this week. But with hubby being in hospital, real world issues, t he b a by coming and all its probably stress. Not even my supervisor powers can help... Lol... I'm under husband imposed bed rest for a few days at least he is cooking a roast in the crock pot and looking after the animals and stuff .. how's your weekend?

21. We can say that today's writing has freed itself from the theme of expression. Referring only to itself; but without being restricted to the confines of its interiority, writing is identified with its own unfolded exteriority. ― Michel Foucault

22. You only have to be smart enough to ask a question.

23. So i was leaving work looked down at my self and it darned on me "wow i am sexy" and not in the way i knew my self but mature sexy.

24. Nobody wants peace more than Israel, because we've suffered the brunt of wars, and the war between wars which is terror. We pray for peace, we yearn for peace, we work for peace.

25. I have shattered the screen my ipod touch so effectively that i have to use touch screen mittens to play it. Surely that kind of commitment to destruction has to be admired.

26. U know David when I love I love n if that other person or persons don't love me back the same its there loss cuzs they don't get all they need @ the end from me ...

27. 9 more days...does it really matter? Will it be any different or will it be the same? I know that there are changes on the way, and what they are I WILL make good (what is in my power to do so).
I am going to be on the outside, who I am on the inside.
NO will be a staple word in my life from now on. And the words "I COME FIRST" will be my mantra.
March will be upon me before I know it..birthdays to celebrate..and then March 14th. Some things....you just can't let go of regardless of how much you need to. NOT UNTIL JUSTICE GETS SERVED THE 'REIGNE WAY'.
It shall come. THAT is in my Power.
April holds a memorial as well...sadness of a loved one taken all to soon as well. This time by the hands of Fate, and not murder.
9 more days...time to prepare for what shall be the year of Reigne.

28. I am now 63 yo. Always heard that interest in sex diminished with age.
Dubya Tee EFF?!? ReAlLy?
NOT happening with this geezer!
In fact, it is ALL so much better than @21 ...
Opportunity is much more elusive than @21 ...
Why is there a struggle with such a wonderful interaction?

29. I Wish My Money Would Have Sex In My Purse And Multiply.

30. There is also one other thing as well. Superman doesn't wear a mask, everyone knows what he looks like.

Therefore, it doesn't occur to people that Superman would have a secret identity

31. This girl is taking out get anger in the form of parking. There are no cars behind the van. I guess she needed deeply to fill this space because she has so many in her life that need to be filled.

32. I think my patience for Psych may have worn out. I couldn't make it through the first episode of the most recent season.

33. lol who could i find better than myself to please myself lol

34. Realizations has brought me to the conclusion that I may have cleaned up my surroundings but now it is time to work from the inside . Time to smile at myself in spite of myself and love every moment of it

35. I'm going to cry. Hard. And probably loudly. And I won't care. Because I deserve to.




















Comments

Popular Posts