Cleanup On Aisle Three!



As of nine twenty-five in the morning Central Standard Time today it’s FOURTEEN DEGREES BELOW ZERO and the kids and I got to see a deer trotting along the avenue where we live! (Martha had to go in today because the clinics she is courier among, alas, don’t close unless they are snowbound. I feel for my wife today, oh yes I do.) Just got the call myself that my workplace would be closed today – apparently several people called that they could not get there due to the weather and the anticipated lack of business today (there are days during winter in North Dakota you’re advised not to travel unless you have to) prompted the decision. Since school is also closed today due to the weather, that means I get to stay home with Sarah and Jeffrey, and today for them is Pajama Day!

 

Now if only I had a decent suit of pajamas myself … today’s title comes from something Jeffrey misheard when I said last night as I sat in my recliner – jeez, when did I think I would say that? – that I was sitting in exile while Martha and the kids sat on the couch yesterday because they were doing all the coughing and I wasn’t. It was so funny how it came out from my son (yeah, when did I think I’d say that either, or MY daughter or MY wife … I know it’s all temporary, eternally speaking, but still it’s good to say) and I need to write down more of what they say, I know it. “It doesn’t matter if you’re first, it matters if you’re having fun.” That came out of Jeffrey’s mouth at nine forty-two as he’s playing some kind of racing game with a mammoth in a block of ice on the status symbol known as the iPad that Martha won last year!

 

And already I’m working on a devotion about that, tentatively called “iDavid”, but you need to wait until Friday to read that … but I’ll have a few exciting points in here between now and then. So talk to you later, as it is naptime!

David

Comments

Popular Posts