Golden Anniversary Shines



Eight years ago...

John 1:29-42                                                     January 16
those who die alone; Martha’s hip;                      11101.16
teaching 6th grade; in-laws’ 42nd
anniversary [and some tooth I drew here]

And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God. 34

Proverbs 25 — These are also proverbs of Solomon, which the men of Hezekiah king of Judah copied out.
It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.
A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.

I do not mind so much doing the lion’s share of the paper route or convincing myself seven sixth graders actually learned something (they did!) and having my own kids run themselves exhausted. I DO mind the chronic laziness from others who if I got sick and fell would leave me to die!

And now closer to the end of the decade ...

Please note one of the prayer requests beneath the Scripture passage above is for my in-laws’ (Martha’s parents) Robert and Sharon Fix’s forty-second wedding anniversary. Now since the excerpted journal entry’s from eight years ago, today (2011 + 8 = 2019) is their fiftieth wedding anniversary.

It’s called golden because it used to be a tradition for a man to get his wife a golden garland, necklace, or wreath for that special day. Martha and I got Robert and Sharon a 50th anniversary plaque ... and we’d picked THAT up at our local Goodwill store five years ago. She remembered the store, and I’m the one who remembered saying this would be great to get

as part of a 50th anniversary package for them. So far we (Martha, her three sisters, and our families) haven’t planned anything else for them, but I expect we will soon. By that time Sarah should once again be on both feet off her crutches and Jeffrey ... I’m thinking should be a minor leaguer as well as the awesome trombone player he’s being for Honor Band.


You really ought to see them throw, David

Comments

Popular Posts