Overcoming Other Trust Issues

Nine years ago ...

John 14:8-14                                                     May 1
missionaries; overcoming anger                     10905.01

Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you, I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 10

Genesis 28 -- And Isaac called Jacob, and blessed him, and changed him, and said unto him, Thou shalt not take a wife of the daughters of Canaan.

And Jacob went out from Beer-sheba, and went to Haran.

Christ suffered and died ...
TO DELIVER US FROM THE PRESENT EVIL AGE

Today's the day I'm home with the kids and, with the exception of about thirty minutes out of the house with them for pass port photos where I stayed and found myself enjoying it. We went for a walk in the morning, got treated to lunch from McDonald's by Martha and to dinner from Nite Train Pizza by Mary. I did get out for some coffee when I needed to fill up the Elantra, and Martha even checked me on that ... we've got trust issues.

And my Bible reading for this morning -- May 1, 2018 -- was the same passage!

Let me see ... today's May Day in the USA and Labor Day in Mexico. And the calendar I got for Christmas says that, as much as it can speak anyhow. Welcome to the second third of the year, the beginning of month eleven at Trinity Health (and no matter what I say I really like it), and I now realize after a barbecued chicken dinner that I forgot to test my blood sugar at dinner. Yet that does not bother me, dammit!

Seriously, do adults truly believe that the more curse words and f-bombs they drop the more natural they appear and the more honest they are? It seems they do, and I feel like until I get "a grip" on that and not ask too many questions, I won't be much of a functioning one. An adult, I mean.

The kids finish school at the end of this month, Jeffrey his last month at Longfellow Elementary and Sarah her last month in sixth grade at Ramstad Middle School. And Sunday was Martha's last day until fall with the Chamber Chorale, and I have to admit it dried well. 

Went well, I mean WENT well!

David

Comments

Popular Posts