Graduation Downtime

Sixteen years ago ...

Romans 5:12-21                                                May 27
elections in Colombia + Lesotho                    10205.27

But not as the offense, so also is the free gift. For if through the offense of one many be dead, much more by the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many. 15

The gift of grace, one that I can't earn and that I can only share.

I've worked at both jobs [let me think; as I wrote this journal entry I was still in Florida and both jobs were at a local convenience store and a local supermarket a mile and a half apart] for the past three days, and I feel it! Bob and Diann [my brother and his then-fiancée] came to see me at Winn-Dixie, which I'm grateful for. Now I've got to finish the Long Ridge [Writers Group] story on the backburner, to marry my lovemuffin Martha, and to live in peace and get better off as quick as I can for as long as I can. God, may I be willing to pay the price to succeed! Amen.

[Prayer requests here include Bob's here today, Martha and I working, and three items I pasted here of USA Today outstanding high school seniors Anna Lonyai, Deborah Hsieh, and Douglas McClure. (So they'd be in their mid-thirties now.)]

And THAT'S my bracket allowance for the rest of the month, I think.

And as I write this -- outside of my excerpted journal entry above -- I've just come back from the graduation party for Jon the pastor's son at my church, one of ten seniors recognized at our worship service this morning. Hard to believe that in six and seven years respectively it'll be Sarah and Jeffrey marching down the aisle and us, Mom and Dad, preparing for their big celebrations and the next stage of their lives.

To wit, I've been home for the weekend with my family and unlike them, I go in for work at the warehouse because whenever a holiday's on Monday or Friday, which Memorial Day always is, we are working. The kids had their last day of school this past Wednesday and my father-in-law  has quipped that he's the taxi service for getting the kids to school since Martha and I work during the day. But he's very good about it.

Must. Post. More.

David

Comments

Popular Posts