Never, Ever Feed Them After Midnight.

What is the fascination Sarah and Jeffrey have with 1980s movies?

And that Martha and I still have too, I guess. This afternoon we were watching Gremlins (where today's title comes from, the second rule for taking care of/keeping gremlins from getting ... out of control, right behind never, ever let them get wet) and as I write this while Martha's at Chamber Chorale practice the kids and I are watching Harry and the Hendersons (the movie where John Lithgow with hair and his family run into a Bigfoot and bring him home). Lest anyone think I'm being unfair, last weekend Martha and the kids were watching E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial while I was out doing I don't remember what.

"Sarah showed me the IT trailer; now this is nothing!"

Jeffrey began to get scared watching Gremlins today but then he said this when Martha noticed him after coming home from second service at church. We let the kids stay home today because 1) we don't have Sunday school on Sunndays any more but on Wednesday nights and 2) sometimes they can be edgy, especially when ... we haven't had enough rest. I was at our first service this morning because I'd signed up to help with communion; we weren't all together at the first service because Martha's parents are on their way to Robert's annual Navy reunion in New Orleans.

And Martha will be glad to get rested this week.

For not only is my wife not at Burger King part-time anymore, this week with Robert and Sharon out of town Martha's taking this coming week off from her full-time Trinity Health job in printing services to get the kids to and from school as well as get other things done. Oh, I know I will too, both at my Trinity job in materials management and when I get home from the warehouse this week. Now that I actually am relaxing, I will be able to do what I do this week with more enthusiasm.

So my week twelve at Trinity begins,

David

Comments

Popular Posts