Okay, End Rant.



Avery is five months old today! And if my sweet wife Martha does not change her profile photo to reflect she does not look like our great-niece -- that is, Avery is our niece Breanna's daughter -- soon, I may call her Avery by mistake. Really, it's hard to tell when Martha or the kids are paying attention to me or not ... I thought we had an exciting weekend. Yes, while Martha was working at Burger King Saturday the kids and I stayed at home and actually cleaned the main floor -- Jeffrey the living room, me the dining room, and Sarah the bathroom -- which impressed her when she came home and a few hours later the kids got in another fight over Jeffrey's headphones which (and the account is a little spotty here) Sarah tugging on the 'phones and Jeffrey tugging on Martha's tablet got the jack broken off in there. Which set my beloved's mood for the next few hours.


Seriously, how did we ever get along without tablets and other electronic toys?


I'm not being snide simply because my own tablet's undamaged, but the thought of getting them tablets of their own for Christmas so they're not constantly clamoring to use ours gets more distant every time something like this happens. I mean, God help them in a power outage what the heck would they do to not die of boredom? Well, after church Sunday where while Martha was singing in  the second service I was downstairs with the kids in the nursery (as well as my own two) playing hide and seek, we went to Kmart to pick up some windshield wipers which I actually got on without smashing something. Seriously, they're supposed to be easy to install and I think that being "the man of the house" I should be able to do this instinctively. But it seems so counterintuitive, and no matter how much Martha says she knew I wasn't a mechanic when she married me ... I'm bothered


when I cannot solve her problems,


David

Comments

Popular Posts