Real Only Memory



I was going to type today's title as Read Only Memory (acronym ROM, the basic operating instructions that are hardwired into your computer and that the user typically can't alter -- what we're generally messing is the Random Access Memory, acronym RAM) but on my way into the office today I was thinking about how the more I write down in journals and blogs and posts and keep more of it that many people like, the less I actually remember! Or at least I don't remember where I put it.


This weekend besides being Mother's Day (and if you didn't treat Mom to something special, shame on you ... and remembering Father's Day next month won't hurt either) yesterday the day before was Free Comic Book Day, even if you're not into that. Our purveyor of the fun and frolic here in Minot's Original Comics and Collectibles; after the kids and I went to Breakfast with the Boys at Bethany, and there after eating we purveyed a rummage sale set up there and bought several cheap items.


Some really needed cheap items -- in my case a sweater and a jacket that both were just the right size for me, Jeffrey (another!) small bouncy ball and Sarah a pair of panda-faced bedroom slippers! She broke them in at her school friend Scottie's house where she was invited to her birthday party and stayed the night. Glad to hear Sunday morning when we picked her up before church that they'd had pizza there -- that's the go to food for parties -- for Martha, Jeffrey, and I bought some ourselves!


AND another bucket of popcorn from Carmike Cinema! (We have one of those yearly promo buckets where you can fill it each time you come back for five bucks.) Sunday during Sunday school -- the actual last class was the previous Sunday -- we had a picnic indoors or hot dogs, potato chips, potato salad, juice, and baked treats and ate well. And overall we heard Saturday's rummage sale brought in just over $3200. There's lines to get in before eight on a Saturday, that should tell you something!


It was also the Sunday at church that I got to arm wrestle two others for the privilege of reading the lesson. Oh not really, but I was posed like I was going to! I'm usually at service #1 with the rest of Martha's family, but we didn't go because of Sarah's sleepover at Scottie's and slept in, then picnic, then service #2 where kids and I sat with Mom in the balcony, then home for lunch and watching Daddy's Home, a dark comedy that isn't obviously one. Kids wanted to see it and I stayed awake.


Oh I remember more than this. Just come back tomorrow.


David

Comments

Popular Posts