I'll Make This Short And Sweet.





[Of course, I refer to this introduction, not this post.


Hey, forty-five posts, quotes, and etc. from the last half of last month that I found appealing and thought others might before they fade into cyberspace take some space -- and time!

And it's spring, so lay back, grab some lemonade, and scroll! -- David]

1. No one in The Force Awakens is Rey's parents. Let's just let that sink in.








2. Why were they proud? Because their marble founts
     Gush'd with more pride than do a wretch's tears? --


(John Keats, "Isabella", stanza XVI)




3. All of these groups and shows canceling over HB2, here is something to think about: first, the people doing the canceling don't live here. They are not directly involved. If residents want to fight it, fight it.
Second, what about the fans who PAID MONEY for the services? Are you making sure they are getting their money back? No.
Third, you are reneging on a contract that you agreed to, and when you signed it men used the men's room, and men still use the men's room.
If you have no more regard for cheating people out of their money, then in the future I really hope that your fans refuse to pay to see you again.
I know that I'm absolutely NOT going to pay money to someone who willfully cheats others out of their money.




4. Exactly! Apples are more powerful, and have shields. Apples have Hyperspace!



5. I refuse to watch anything marketed as "Christian" on principle. They are crap with very few exceptions. Good story telling is good storytelling whether the characters are religious or not or there is the intent to tell a religious story.




6. It's hard being a savior when no one wants you to save them.

(Hades to Emma, Once Upon A Time, "Ruby Slippers")

7. Glorious spring showers - everything is vividly green, the rain is knocking some of the pollen from the air, and my garden is flourishing! Today is a good day!
Now if I could talk someone else into scrubbing the bathtub. . .










8. Darth Vader was on screen for only 12 minutes in Episode IV.




Dave Prowse (the guy who played Darth Vader; since he's a publicly-known figure, I ... figure I can use his name)




9. That's how awesome an antagonist Vader was.


(a poster in response, a few minutes later)




10. "Don't you like people talking to themselves?"
He chuckled. "I do. At least that way I'm talking to someone I like."

(Karl Michael Armer, "On The Inside Track")


11. Secret griefs are more cruel than public calamities.


(Voltaire, Candide, chapter XX)


12. God continues to send the Spirit through various witnesses to shake me up and turn me around. And once my interior argument is over, I too sing praises to God.

(Paul J. Dovre, Christ In Our Home)

13. The time has come for me to move out and start adulting. If anyone is looking to share an apartment please message me!










14. To the woman who let him go, Thank you so much. Thank you for walking out of his life, for leaving him. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to love him, do things that would make him happy, to really keep him. Thank you for hurting him. If not, he wouldn’t have learned something valuable. I will try my best to not cause him pain, for it hurts me to see him cry. I will do all the things you failed to do for him like be there for him when he feels so alone, prioritize him a...nd not make him feel like he isnt just an option, Give him time and affection even when he is not asking for it. I will take care of the man you failed to appreciate. I will love the man you took for granted. I will do anything to keep him and make him stay. I will love him for all that he is, and will support him in anything that he wants to be. I will be the partner you failed to become for him. I will be the woman who will never make the same mistake that you did. I will never let him go



15. @Transtruth on Twitter:
Nobody bowed lower than Jesus Christ two-thousand years ago. Nobody is exalted higher than Jesus today.




(Transforming Truth)




16. [Questing Mode Activated]




17. nomophobia (n.) fear of being without access to a working cell phone


(one of nearly 2000 new words in the newest edition of The Merriam-Webster Dictionary)




18. Seriously? A travel advisory to North Carolina? This is cheap political theater designed to "put pressure" and win votes. There are places I wouldn't go to in NC but that is because I'm white and would be killed quickly in the wrong neighborhiid.






19. I know [Herodotus] did tell the story about the Spartan king who went mad in prison and threatened a helot to get him a knife so that he could chop himself into pieces.






20. Imagine all contradictions, all possible incompatibilities -- you will find them in the government, in the law-courts, in the churches, in the public shows of this droll nation.


(Candide, chapter XXII)


21. "If you really want to know about the future, don't ask a technologist, a scientist, a physicist. No! Don't ask somebody who's writing code. No, if you want to know what society's going to be like in 20 years, ask a kindergarten teacher."  —Clifford Stoll









22. I was raised to believe in God. I still do. But I have become a Christopagan. Doing good deeds will not get you into heaven. Going to church, reading the bible, prayer, and preaching the gospel, and being Christ like and turning away from fleshy sinful things is what being a Christian means to me.








23. Whatever nightmares the future holds are dreams compared to what's behind me.


(Gamora, Guardians of the Galaxy)


24. A lesson every father should teach his son. We first have to be the example before the words mean anything. Much respect to all of you single fathers who get up everyday to get your kids ready for school, work 8 hours, pay the light bill, do the laundry, come home to makes sure the kids get homework done and have a hot meal before bed. We are here to encourage you. We know you don't need a pat on the back but we at Single Father all recognize REAL!










25. And now, for the first time, I understand Thanos.






26. A touch of wisdom for all the unaccountable, whiny, sad sack, poor mouth people.
If everywhere you go, there is a problem: chances are YOU ARE THE PROBLEM!




27. [This was a posted response -- not mine -- to the question what you would do if you had a time machine. - D.] I would actually use it to go back and redo my senior year of highschool. That was a really hard year for me and was battling with depresion pretty hard due to some circumstances. I would embrace it more and have fun and I probably would have quit my job so I could have the time to enjoy it more. Who knows it may have changed things for the better for me






28. I'm fed up with bad church music, yes.
I'm equally fed up with exceptionally-average church music and good church music carried out poorly.
I'm also fed up with all the sleazy hatchet jobs and sanctimonious gasbaggery around here.
...
Rant complete.
Thank you and carry on.









29. Will you create chaos with me?

(Hades to Zelena, Once Upon A Time, "Sisters")


30. today i said something i haven't said in many, many years.... and was hoping would be something i would never have to say again....
''i hate my job"
but, at least now i'm home.... with a cat in my lap.... survived another day and trying to remember... it could always be worse.










31. I'm so glad there won't be eyelashes stuck in contacts in heaven.










32. My little doll is soft all over and only at [this poster's business]. Ages 18 months and up. I think I'll get one for my husband. Hmmm...that sounded kind of weird.










33. Thanks for all of the kind birthday greetings! I am excited that I am now old enough for the senior coffee at McDonalds and the senior menu at Perkins!



[Oh, this poster's 55th birthday was the 26th of this month! - D.]




34. Well given how Disney's Robin Hood is set in Zootopia's past, there is a high chance of pirate foxes and rabbits


35. Isn't it amazing how an unseen typo can destroy your self confidence? In my biggest WIP (11 *years* in the making), a man says:
"Your father was one of the men who asked me to build this school so I could teach children like you how to defend yourselves against the salve traders who would come to take you. How will you learn to keep your mother and father safe?"
And a critiquer wrote and said "(Salve traders aren't so bad. Ointment never hurt anyone, except preperation H.")
...
And now I am laughing so hard at myself that I can barely breathe.










36. It's a shame when people don't realize your worth.






37. My aunt (RIP) worked on her novel for as long and with an editor for 8 of those years. Years after publication she was still finding typos. Her work was hugely popular in the UK, eventually became a tv series ... And it was technically fan fiction that got sanctioned by the original author. So don't give up.

38. Besides, into the depths of his sleep had wound a skein of mocking laughter.

(Bernard Evslin, The Trojan War)





39. I have so much on my mind TODAY ... All I wanna do is be a GREAT MOTHER, but I feel like I've made so many mistakes and I've failed them or let them down so many times ... By the time I get home to them I'm tired and stressed and my "to do list" is mean muggn me at the door!!! I'm DETERMINED to do better, to be better ... Not sit here stressed ... waiting on a better day!!! I only get 1 chance to get this RIGHT!!!! I love my girls more than ANYTHING ... I just want to be able to show them in a way that they feel loved and supported at ALL TIMES!!! LORD HELP ME BE BETTER!!! Idk if it's just these hormones, but I'M SO IN MY FEELINGS TODAY!!!!








40. Oh no. Reagan's directive: don't speak ill of a fellow Republican. It really makes it difficult, if not impossible, to unite later, which we must do. Or enjoy Hillary for 8 years.





41. CHATS with [this poster's granddaughter]
Today we did the opposite. Instead of walking "to" school, I picked her up and we walked home "from" school.
[GRANDDAUGHTER]: "Nana! I'm so excited to see you!" As she flung herself into my arms. Warmed my heart up to see a little ones unabashed love.
This made me wonder back to when does this heightened excitement to see Nana, or parents go away? At what age? ...
Since we did things "opposite" today, we continued on by having donuts before our cheese sandwiches (don't worry mom, she ate all her lunch in spite of) and played with our new FLARPP slime. Eww...that stuff is still around. Lots of fart noises coming from that area if the room. Disgusting.
Currently dessert is the Chocolate Easter Bunny that managed to remain intact until today! Bye bye Ears!






42. As long as habit and routine dictate the pattern of living, new dimensions of the soul will not emerge.

(Henry Van Dyke)

43. My marriage-changing prayers became ME-changing prayers instead.

(Renee Swope)


44. It's better to be respected than to be popular. Popularity ends on yearbooks day but respect lasts forever.










45. When fruit has an identity crisis. Lol







Comments

Popular Posts