Focus, Dude! DUDE!

Nine years ago ...


2 Corinthians 3:12-4:2                                                                 February 17
for courage to witness                                                                  10702.17


Nevertheless when it shall turn to the LORD, the vail shall be taken away. Now the LORD is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the LORD is, there is liberty. 16-17


Ezra 10 - after Ezra's prayer and confession, the people weeping with him confess their trespass in taking foreign wives and desire to make a covenant with God to put away their wives and their children with them; in Johanan's chamber Ezra makes the proclamation after mourning for all the children of Judah and Jerusalem to assemble in three days or forfeit their substance and be outcast; on the twentieth day of the ninth month in the rain Ezra makes the proclamation and the people, by the start of the new year, put away all those who'd taken foreign wives


[And you thought the twentieth century had the lock on ethnic cleansing! Reading this, forgive me, I can't see it another way.]


Zephaniah added, "The Seven Thousand stand with you."


[That's the opening sentence of chapter seventeen of my first novel Progeny, which I must get back to re-reading.


And also on this page of my journal that day were prayer requests of mine for Breakfast with the Boys!, today's day with Martha and Sarah, attacking Susan (in Canada)'s character, those who do it, and how she's stronger for it, and Jill and Agent Smith in IL, for learning who You really are.


AND a ticket stub for the movie Because I Said So.]


After a long night sleeping off a fever ...


which I kinda brought on myself eating a salad for lunch with wilted lettuce and glommy blue cheese dressing; for the rest of the day I didn't have much of an appetite for anything else. Also, I threw that up. Uffda. Still standing and typing this I'm feeling a mite lightheaded, so bear with me. Praise God that I was (am) able to get the kids to school -- Martha offered to call her mom and have her bring Sarah and Jeffrey to school, but I decided against it. I will just be very careful what I eat.


Jeffrey was telling me last night as we got ready for bedtime prayers that he was sorry he caused me to get sick (he thought he did because he threw up once in his class Thursday afternoon last week and then expelled the next meal he ate. Not pretty. But it wasn't his fault; there is a bug going around town and I'm seeing a lot of people drag.


THAT'S when I have to get the most moving!

David



Comments

Popular Posts