I know u do.


[Believe me, it's not my intent to torture you with these stats that appealed to me from the last half of May. Maybe one or two more torture me because I wish I'd thought of them! -- David]

1. If it is too hot out for hot coffee, there is always iced coffee: the point is that coffee is a universal constant.

2. I totally wish I hadn't read this. But it made me cry, so now I'm going to share it to torture the rest of you.

3. In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded, & idocracy was created, ending up sitting beside me at this mornings meeting.

4. Ms. [Person Poster is responding to], I had to be cute to be in pain! Smh... ;-/

5. Okay, so crocheting a crown, and casting it in bronze? - coolest thing I've ever heard of.

6. Not worried. Unless they make Kirk, Spock and McCoy say or do things that millions of Star Trek fans know they would never do or say, then no worries. I think even the current actors know who these characters are by now. An explanation for the "romantic" relationship between Spock and Uhura is over due. They had no trouble dealing with Worf being on the Enterprise in the TNG movies. They had no trouble explaining the cranial ridges on Klingons that weren't there in TOS. Just get on with it and give us a fresh, new adventure. Considering there's no need to waste a second on primary character development, Mr. Pegg can devote his time and effort to an exciting, action packed, characters relating to one another story. Make it so. Engage. That away. Punch it.

7. [Person responded to] when are you coming back this way so you can teach me...EVERYTHING...lol. You`re so gorgeous!!!

8. A little bit of ancient history: 10 years ago this coming July I started work as a civil servant,administrative assistant, working my way to keeper of the Log, bully to all text support, office fashion diva, queen of the three hour lunch, of arts & cultural affairs. Who knows,but in another 10 years could be dept head,or Mayor of the city, or even Queen of Nova Scotia ~~Dad had his way,I would finish pre-law & write the Bar ~~ Mom would be happy just to have me married off. lol xox

9. Perhaps she feels too deeply.
Perhaps she hears too keenly.
Perhaps she see's too far.
Perhaps she loves with all her body, heart, and soul.
Perhaps she loves you more than you'll ever know. ©-Vikki Lee

10. When you're at a red light and it turns green, please take an extra second to check all the opposite lanes to make sure they're all stopping. I'm so heartbroken about the 17 year old girl that just graduated high school and lost her life yesterday because a logging truck ran the red light and hit her as she was going through the intersection. There have been quite a few times that if I had just went as the light turned green, I'd have been hit too. The people behind me can honk and holler all they want to, but I'm going to take the extra second to make sure everyone is stopping.
**This has been a public service announcement from yours truly because I love all of you!!**

11. Bite marks are just love notes written on flesh.

(from Shocking Sex Facts)

12. [I asked a poster whether she would want the boyfriend who'd treat her like a princess or the Kit Kats -- I think they were Japanese -- posted. And she answered,]

Both. But if I have to pick between the two? ... I'm gonna have to go with kitkats - they are less work, don't complain, and taste good all the time.

(from a post Boyfriends Who Actually Treat Their Girlfriends Like Princesses)

13. The most beautiful thing to hear when you tell someone you love them is not them saying I love u back but them simply replying I know u do.

14. So my daughter was supposed to be practicing her puppet show. She couldn't even get through the first sentence before she busted into tears and said she had stage fright. At home. In a roomful of two. And I wasn't even paying attention, because this was just practice. tongue emoticon
So [this poster's daughter's brother], who is helping her, took over and did a hilarious version of the puppet show all by himself, using his half of the puppets. When he was done, [Poster] told [her daughter] she needed to practice with him now, because her deadline is tomorrow. She refused, still wailing and whining and making excuses. So I gave [her son] permission to go play, and removed myself from the room. If my kids start whining, I don't stay around to listen, when it is possible to get away. They stop quicker when they don't have an audience.
So, I was sitting in my room just trying to wait to see what would happen, when she comes up, still sniffling. She tells me she's just so scared because she's afraid she'll mess up.
I proceed to give a Full House worthy Mom speech. I'm telling you, it was the best one I've ever done. We talked about everyone from the Wright Brothers to Edison to Yo-Yo Ma... We talked about how many fails they had to work through before they produced the final amazing product. I talked to her about how she is not the only person in the world that is scared, and that is not an excuse. I told her if she keeps trying, in spite of her fear, that she can be an Einstein one day, but if she gives up every time she makes a mistake or is scared, she will be nothing and failure will be her end result or product. Every. Time. Her eyes didn't even glaze over. She was taking to heart everything I was telling her. Then, I sent her off.
I hear her laughing and practicing her puppet show with [her brother] right now. Mom speech for the win. grin emoticon Every now and then, I do this mom thing right.

15. The very best time to attack heroes is when they are surrounded by dozens of their most powerful friends.

16. I got a random friend request from some lady a few days ago. I accepted thinking it was someone from my childhood. Shortly thereafter I received a message from her it was small talk. "Hey. How are you". Then I got busy with life and because I didn't answer back right away she started flipping out messaging me with nonsense and profanity. I had to block her because it was very odd and I don't have time for unnecessary crap

17. My strength comes from knowing I have the ability to do anything... My weakness comes from the desire to do it all at once

18. Magneto is my fav villain, but [Marvel Comics' Doctor] Doom would have plans to defeat Magneto 15 different ways before the battle started.

19. Tried to make an "ex " friend understand this yesterday. Sometimes the damage is so severe you have to do more than apologize.

20. it seems that [Star Trek's] warp speed has only truly been set at the dscretion of each writer to serve their plot needs - yeah the technical manuals have it all figured out, but it tends to bend for the purpose of the plot

21. I feel a combination of anger and sadness overwhelming me today. Hope this passes.

Comments

  1. of course it passes, we all experience this some day...do not worry David !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts