While The Reason Is Obvious



Faith means to me that on the best days I know that there is somebody looking out for the best of me. On the worst of days, even if I make a mistake I know that God will forgive me and help make me get my life back on track so I'm not a mess. I know that he is the one I can trust with my life. He will make sure things will turn out the way they were meant to be.

Sunday afternoon was also the last Minot Chamber Chorale event of the season (until this fall, and for next year Martha's currently not planning to participate). Soon after we got the couch we bought moved in -- see yesterday's post for more about that -- the kids, Martha, and I packed into our Elantra and headed to St. Paul's Lutheran Church, one here in town with an anchor out front. While the Chorale rehearsed the kids and I waited in the room where afterwards the Chorale sponsored an ice cream social. The kids brought their tablets and were playing games, and I finished a book I'd bought at a used book sale. The World In 1492 (ISBN 0805016740) takes a look at everyplace on Earth leading up to the event most of us know as the signature one -- Christopher Columbus sailing to the Americas. Of course I knew other things were going on in the world, but I don't think I have ever read such an incredibly detailed display of it.

My faith means I can live every day knowing that I will always be loved and watched over. I can always count on God to pick me up during hard times, and no matter what kind of sins I've committed, he'll never abandon me. It means I can trust him to help everyone else going through tough times, or the ones who simply don't make time for him in their lives. It means I have a sense of comfort knowing I have a place in heaven when I die, and that I'll be able to see all my loved ones and friends.

Last night the circus was in town, and I believe it is until tomorrow night. Donovan (again, see yesterday's post) and our nieces Breanna and Josceline with their mom Margaret picked up Sarah and Jeffrey at our house before I got home, and they didn't get home until about a quarter after ten! From what they could tell me while they were conscious, the kids had a great time while Martha and I ... spent a few hours having a quiet dinner, catching up on the latest episode of Once Upon A Time (just when you think this show about fairy tale characters exiled to our world can't get more twisted, it does -- and now not for the better, falling into the trap of "you're born to screw up, you have no choice". I do love how Regina has to be the reasonable one to Emma. Then she gets a proverbial punch in the gut ...) AND inwardly rejoicing as we count down the days to being done with our paper route. It's not that we don't like it, it's just that much of a drain we don't need on our lives right now.

What my faith means to me is that God is always someone I can talk to. I can talk to him about anything from problems that bother me or just problems in life. If things get complicated, little or big, I know God will forgive me. He might not like what I did but he made a promise to forgive us no matter what and I thank him for that every night.

Mmm, he made a promise to forgive us if we ask Him to, yes, is my understanding. Where was I? Oh yes, and eleven days away from the end of our paper route we got the ... neatest-worded notice to all Minot carriers of the Minot Daily News yesterday telling us that we would no longer deliver the weekly-published Trading Post to the non-subscribers on our route. I'll have to share that another time because I'm running out of space today, but today's title has some words from that notice that made us crack up! (Oh heck. "Effective this week you will no longer have ... to deliver on your route to the non-subscribers. While the reason is obvious we would like to thank the carriers who did their part each week.") The "reason" being people got sick of finding bagged Trading Posts on their lawns! As for today, the kids have their spring pictures taken and they look great for it. I showed some photos I'd taken of them at work and they are getting taller all the time! 

To me, faith means that you believe in God. It also means more than that because your faith is your attachment to God. Faith is one of the most important things in life because even if all seems hopeless, God is still there to help and guide you. I know that I am never alone in my worst of times.

I am never alone, and I never want others to be.

David

Comments

Popular Posts