Ensign: The Lord Is MY Shepherd



All ye inhabitants of the world, and dwellers on the earth, see ye, when he lifteth up an ensign on the mountains; and when he bloweth a trumpet, hear ye. Isaiah 18:3

AN ENSIGN ON THE MOUNTAINS                                                  24 April 2015

"The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want."  Other Bible translations list the beginning of Psalm 23 ending with "I shall lack no good thing."  But the main idea speaks to our desire to control our circumstances.  We do not have to worry about anything when we, the sheep, follow our Lord the shepherd.  I often agree with Calvin's dad from the comic strip Calvin and Hobbes; I don't think I'd have been in such a hurry to grow up if I'd known the whole thing was going to be ad-libbed.  God didn't make any of us useless leftovers (re: "He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside still waters.", Psalm 23:2) or tireless automatons.  Even the busiest of us have to rest; after all, no one laments on his or her deathbed that he or she didn't spend enough time at work or on the road.  We have to make a living, but we can't forget to make a life too.  After all, everyone has to come home to someone.
David

P. S. I write this weekly devotional to keep in touch with you, and I hope it encourages you too. If I'm not or you want me to get lost, please let me know -- thank you!

Thank You, Lord, that we can come to You in praise and prayer and that You provide for all our needs, even the ones we don't know we have! Let us pray for the peace of Jerusalem on both sides of the fence there and around the world.

Thank You, Lord, for all of us in leadership and service here and abroad, as well as for opportunities we have and the promise of new life! I pray we all seek and have a blessed week. Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts