Out Like A Lamb



[Though you'd never know it from seeing the weather outside; today it's blustery and a little overcast where yesterday it was sunny and calm -- spring is very subjective in North Dakota. And of the thirty-two posts and pieces of interest I've gleaned over the second half of March, I find some calm, some reactive, and some plain whacked! As to which ones are which, you be the judge. -- David]

1. I DON'T MAKE PREDICTIONS. There is NOTHING mystical or magical in what I do. This is RESEARCH, I don't have a magic wand, or a crystal ball. I study.
I have NO IDEA when Jesus is coming, and I tell you that all the time. NOBODY KNOWS......but we are COMMANDED TO WATCH!!!! That's how you watch......you look at every possibility, you research it thoroughly, and then you disqualify a possibility when the evidence manifests sufficiently to do so.
Have you allowed the stupid traditions of MAN to stop you from OBEYING THE KING'S COMMAND??
Mark 13:37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.
So if you've got the "Nobody knows the day or the hour" scripture down pat - LEARN A NEW ONE.........THIS ONE IN MARK 13:37.
ARE YOU WATCHING?? LET'S LOOK AT IT AGAIN..........
Mark 13:37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.
THAT'S A COMMAND, NOT A SUGGESTION.
HAVE YOU HAVE BEEN DUPED INTO THINKING IT'S SACRILEGIOUS TO WATCH FOR JESUS?? IF YOU HAVE, THEN YOU'RE NOT OBEYING THE COMMAND, AND YOU'RE STOPPING OTHERS FROM OBEYING ALSO.

2. Muster a smile for someone when you don't feel like it by remembering that you don't have a single problem in all the world that wouldn't be solved immediately by the King's return.

3. I am now promoting my new kickstarter Venus One, the first human mission to Venus, a much sexier planet than Mars.
Funds will be raised by recruiting only authors for the mission who will sell stories about the experience.
I will personally screen all applicants based on quality of prose, genre, and grrrr factor of the writers.
Prior to the launch we will live in a hemetically sealed simulated environment for 18 months.
Participants will be expected to bring writing materials, laptops, and mugs.
Please refer to the faq page on the number of cats you may bring and intersteller copyrights. We are also asking for bulk donations of tea and coffee.
p.s. Once in space, there is no flouncing.

4. There's nothing simple about you, but you gave love simply

5. I think my subconscious is writing a book, but it hasn't told the guys steering the ship what it's about yet.

6. Life's daily events can be turned into an array of things in the hands of a writer.
I choose to think much like a potter. We can mold them into written words and make them either tragedies, dramas, comedies, or adventures.
Today how would you have yours written?

7. Me today:
me:exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
me:.....like..........................
me:honestly... tbh.. like.. to be honest,
me:ok but for real like
me:ok
me:OKAY.. anyway
me:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
me:????????????????????
me:..........................................

8. Plot bunny: Responded to a dialysis center yesterday for an abdominal pain call. Never been in one before, but it was like something out of a dystopian horror movie. Blood on the side walk before we went in. A trash can full of bloody rags and bandages outside a security door. On the other side of the security door, more than a dozen patients, hooked up to the machines, staring vacantly at small TV screens suspended in front of their faces, completely unaware we had just walked in, and a nursing staff that glared at me and the crew the whole time we were in there.

9. There is a CERTAIN person that is known to many of us who keeps sending me naked photos of themselves. I have asked them nicely to stop it but they won't... You know who you are and if you keep sending me pictures I will be posting them here for everyone to see!!! Since many of you know them maybe you can tell them to stop it for me... This is there page [the poster provided a link to my Facebook page; I thought it was a cheap joke, but it seems not to offend some people -- D.]

10. "We're all children of God. Some a little more crazy than others; some more fearful than others and some more brave than others."

11. Some of you may be wondering why I haven't posted here recently. And most of you don't know me personally. My name is [this poster's name], and this is my story:
Eight months ago, I had to tell a 4yr old, that his Aunt whom he loved and adored, wouldn't be coming to play with him any more. [The poster's daughter] passed suddenly on July 3rd. She was just 23yrs old. Now eight months later, I'm faced with the horrific task of having to tell [this four-year-old] his Dad won't be coming home ever again. He thinks his Father is the coolest thing going. I lost my son [...] his Dad this past Friday, March 13th, he was only 21yrs old.
I'm of the belief, that if their is a God, things like this wouldn't happen. That said,
I don't believe in God, but I know so many of you do. So by chance your right, and I'm wrong, please pray for this little boy, my Grandson. He just doesn't deserve this, it's just not fair...

12. ONE WOMAN MAN, THAT'S THE CARDS.

13. I for one welcome our new insect overlords.

14. This is a weird paring.
To be fair, pairing the Man-Thing with anybody is a one-sided conversation for 22 pages.
[re: Shang-Chi issue with him vs. Man-Thing (two Marvel Comics characters)]

15. But in the Bronze Age [of comics, c. 1970-1985] "knows martial arts" equals "automatic win" even when hitting a guy made of mud and earth.

In the 90s "mutant psi" became "automatic win".

16. today is a good day to be a dragon lol

17. American sniper, lean protein breakfast, and working De-arm. This has the makings to be a great day.

18. I thought Pathway adult class was 31 and up. Where are your younger people? My dad used a slide rule and a calculator. He made me learn the slide rule because he said a proper scientist would know how. LOL
I must be so used to autocorrect drunkeness I didn't notice your post being at all odd. LOL
As for budgets, Some of what you describe though is just basic. So ugh. Frustrating class. I know many don't utilize budgets, but by the time you re 40 you should at least know how to utilize one even if you are not very fiscally sound. Obviously I have a higher estimation of what people should do than they do as we have ridiculous budget issues from the personal level on up through to the government... Don't get me started on Paul Ryan who I want to smack any time i hear the word "budget" now. Just because... now i see his face.

19. The worst thing besides the head scarf is the writing. Terribly written!!

20. Things that prove friendship?? U text your grocery list and she gets it and delivers! No questions asked and no hesitation!!!

21. it is best to remember that when you are a messenger for the Lord, you are not responsible for how people respond to your message from Him.
Your obedience is what is important.
It will not look right to others, but so what? You did your part.
I know I did.

22. LOL, at David Alvin. It's so good to know someone cares! Too bad [this poster's] Son David doesn't know how smart I am.
As to using the ideas, myself, I'm all over that idea.
Again, I think the topic choices are supposed to allow them to concentrate on the mechanics being taught, and not be distracted with the topic. David Brown's love letter was to a Dutch oven, and it was adorable.

23. Orthodontist, lunch, park and sweet frog. It's a good mommy and daughter day

24. ... Annnnnd I'm done. I'm going outside to enjoy this strange glowing orb in the sky and the warmth that it emits.

25. Translate (how I'm hearing this) you yourself went to church -- the building -- to become a better church -- the assembly, including you and everyone there.
[me, in response to a grade school friend's post, "Went to church to become a better church."]

26. Beautiful sexy day, you wonderful people you

27. My roommate is
can be found licking the Windows
is helping me escape
is my doctor
is running around naked
is yelling nonsense
I went crazy with

28. Why is “LB” the abbreviation for pound? It’s short for the Latin word libra, which was the balance scales used for weighing. The basic Roman unit of weight was called the libra pondo; libra means "scales or balances," while pondo is from pendere, meaning "to weigh."

29. There is old science, new science, good science, bad science. Money blurs the lines, and science as god figure (potential bad science), ditto. The result is a cacaphony of dissonant chaos filled with needless suffering. On the other hand, death negates all need. ~ sigh ~

30. Keep us updated.....but have someone else do the typing.

31. Be very, very quiet ~~ The sun is shining & the temperature is above -100,000,00 c ~~~ Could it really be? ~~~ Don't make eye contact: it seems to be very shy; so don't move & don't make a sound~~Who knows, it just might stay around

32. ME: (Noticing that my mom is getting rather anxious) Momma! Why do I have to get my hair pressed, dye eggs, put on this… dress with these lacey socks and why can’t I wear black patent leather again? I don’t know where my other white shoe is… and why do we have to bake a ham and make potato salad?
MOMMA: Cause! Jesus rose from the dead! We going t’chuch!
ME: Crickets…


Comments

Popular Posts