Post: 2000



Seriously, according to the Blogger platform I use on Google this is the 2000th post there. I suppose I should make it a good one, but as I let my Ensign devotional speak for me Friday and posts from the last half of January speak for me yesterday, I want to do something original and let ME speak for me! Everybody is finally getting over colds at my house that started with our son Jeffrey not covering his mouth when he coughed or sneezed ... then Sarah got it ... then Martha got it (was yucky and stuffed this past weekend) ... and it has stopped there. Not sure if there's a causal relationship between the flu vaccine and these minor symptoms resulting from getting it, but in my household I am the only person who didn't get the flu vaccine and didn't get laid up with a cold either. None of us stayed home from school or work yet; though Martha did leave her office early Friday because of it.

Saturday after I got home from work at Marketplace I enjoyed the family's company for a few hours and then Martha's oldest sister Malesa came over. We're always looking for ways to save money (and who isn't?) and one of the big budget-biters is haircuts -- more specifically, the cost of haircuts. And I'd been asking Martha for years to make an effort at cutting my hair; Saturday, she at last elected to do it (under Lesa's supervision, for she used to be a hairdresser herself). So far I think everybody who's seen me has been pleasantly surprised by the result; the amount of hair Martha cut off was enough to form a wig on its own! And Sunday when we went to church at least one fifth-grader had to do a double take before she recognized me, my hair is now cut so close to my head! Well, Sarah and Jeffrey say it's a crew cut, but it's not, not quite ...

While Martha and I got to go to the annual business meeting at Bethany (the first time I've been able to attend it in years; usually Sunday school is in session when it's going on between services), Sarah and Jeffrey were with the other kids for twenty minutes of music (Karn our superintendent, at our Parish Education meeting Friday night: "Oh, we NEVER cancel music unless it's absolutely necessary." in a way that even she thinks our music program runs the church, but I digress) and the rest of the time helping assemble school packs to send out with Lutheran World Relief -- and that came about because when the Sunday school calendar was originally written up for this rotation teaching The Conversion of Saul (from the New Testament book of Acts) FEBRUARY 1 WAS LEFT OFF!

So we got an activity together quick enough -- the people at Bethany are very good about that -- to keep the children occupied while we essentially approved the minutes from last year at read, the budget as presented, and appointed delegates to our Western North Dakota synod (Martha, me, and another man volunteered for the first weekend of June) and the Turtle Mountain Conference in ... November, I believe? And typing this reminds me -- I have a survey I promised I'd have filled out by next Sunday! So I'd best get on it, and a few other things I have planned in this shortest month; man, I still can't believe we're on the first week of February already!

Have a super day, David

Comments

Popular Posts