Tooth Fairy, Status Report!



WORD COUNT: 12,663

So last night after work I get to Gourmet Chef where Jeffrey and the rest of his Cub Scout troop are learning some fundamentals of cooking! It was Veterans Day here in the United States yesterday, so the store itself was closed except for this, and I had to call Martha inside the store to let me in after I got there. First Sarah comes to the door and she can't open it because of course it's locked so I wait ... in the cold (snow is no longer falling, but yesterday began not only this season's annual snowfall but also the Christmas music in -- so far I've only heard it in -- Marketplace Foods) in the teens for someone with the key to let me in at Martha's behest.

By the time I'd arrived the Cub Scouts were rolling meatballs with onion soup mix (which if none of the rest of the family eats, I will) and had already made smores to bake in the oven 5 minutes at 350 degrees and a sausage and vegetable mix with fries coming OUT of the oven -- Gourmet Chef has really expanded its kitchen area and holds regular cooking classes -- but the thing Jeffrey was proudest of was what he showed me in his smile when I came up behind him. See the photograph accompanying this entry. He lost that second front tooth on top that's been wiggling for weeks when he was over with Grandma and his sister yesterday! And the Tooth Fairy was generous -- four bucks!

This time our son also remembered to stick the tooth UNDER HIS PILLOW and not have T.F. hunt it down! So now when Christmas comes, Jeffrey can justly sing "all I want for Christmas is my two front teeth" and mean it! (By the way, who came up with that song?) We grabbed some dinner -- and since everyone was at McD's ordering, it all came out right -- and headed home to eat and get the kids ready for bed for school this morning. I should tell you they've been off Monday and Tuesday and of course the weekend ... so we all had to get back into the swing of things. As it is, I got Sarah and Jeffrey to school THREE minutes before the bell rang!

Hey, we will make this work!

David

Comments

Popular Posts