Post Scriptum. It's Latin for "after writing".



WORD COUNT: 2,196

[Yes, It's National Novel Writing Month and I'm writing one! 50,000 words. 30 days. It can be done.]

[And now for the favored and favorite posts from the last half of October, and perhaps a little something about life. -- David]

1. I just realized something: The Flash is the Spider-Man of the DC Universe. An average Joe who gets powers and has to find balance between his personal life and his super life.
 
 
2. Coffee is not my friend today. It jumped out if the cup and splattered my shirt. What a waste of coffee.

3. [Person who provoked this], you sexist little feminazi. How dare you group all men into your narrow little opinion? I have gone through aborting a wanted child due to issues with the pregnancy, and although it wasn't my body that had to be invaded to do the right thing, we went through the trauma together. The worst of it was the fuck nut Jesus freaks out front calling my wife a baby killer for humanely ending a pregnancy in which the fetus was suffering, would never live past birth, and was likely to harm or kill my wife in the process. I have known dozens of women who have had abortions for every reason you could think of, and it wasn't easy, nor the 'welcome end' to anything. Relief? Yes. But you portray all men as being unfeeling hat azzes, and completely avoid the fact that every abortion has a father as well, and many of us are connected and do have a right to an opinion about 'women's rights' when they affect our children. I am sorry that our government is being infiltrated by religious zealots that want to run your life, but they are not all men, nor do all men want to tell you what to do, so kindly go fuck yourself.


4. [October 16,] 1975 – Rahima Banu, a two-year old girl from the village of Kuralia in Bangladesh, is the last known person to be infected with naturally occurring smallpox.

 

5. Tonight, I cry. For our hometown, for our society, for our world. So much loss, destruction, hatred, and evil. I don't know how to deal with so much overwhelmingly bad news. I know it could be worse. I know how damn lucky I am. But it just feels like too much right now.

 

6. When the church looks more like an off-site family reunion and less like a class, the post-modern, post-television, post-Gutenberg, post-nuclear family world will wander in and invite all their friends.



7. I arrived at work this morning,& as I was making my way across the open parking lot, with my purse & briefcase in one hand & the other full of files, a very strong wind came up, blowing my hair into a wild mess around my head & eyes, overcoat flying open, along with the front button pencil skirt I'm wearing ,ending up around my thighs .Somehow, with the hand holding the purse/briefcase, I got the top of my cost closed & holding on for dear life to the files,with head down, ran toward the building where a commissionaire was holding the doors open for me. In side I placed the files,purse & briefcase on his desk, catching my breath I tried to fix myself up the best I could.
The commissionaire smiling,handed me my things asking 'You alright little missy?'
I thanked him for his help & as I headed for the elevator I head him say " You take care little missy,& may I say,it's nice to that nylons & garters are back in fashion"
 

8. I HEARD A SONG IN CHURCH THIS MORNING that I have never really cared much for. Other people like it, I guess, but to me it has always been theologically weak. Sometimes I hear songs that bore me to tears with endless repetition, whether it be a contemporary "praise" song or the Hallelujah Chorus – both endlessly repetitious. Face it, some religious songs are long on fluff, short on substance. And then, right in the middle of it, God smacked me between the eyes with the thought – that song was that composer’s gift to God. Maybe, by the vaunted standards of my seminary education and degrees, it wasn’t much of a gift, but maybe it was all they had that day and they wanted to give it. We have all had days when our sack was pretty empty and all that we had to give to God wasn’t much, but God gladly and willingly received it anyway. So who am I to throw rocks at someone else’s gift? Who am I to judge it, quantify the substance of it, turn up my sanctified nose at it, or dismiss it? It was a gift to God, not to me. If I reap some joy from it, that’s gravy, but it wasn’t my gift and it’s not mine to judge or criticize. If it was the best they had to give, I should rejoice that they gave it. I haven’t gotten a memo from God appointing me the arbiter of all things good, so maybe I need to dial my nose down a few notches and realize that maybe God got a kick out of it, or at least appreciated the effort. Maybe I should do the same. There are probably days that God says to me, "I know you can do better than that, but until you do, thanks for what you gave. I appreciate you thinking about me. So many don’t." Some days it’s hard to remember that criticism is not a gift of the Spirit. It’s good to be reminded, even when it’s painful. Something about the widder’s mite there. Just thinkin’ out loud again.


9. "Stealing stairway was not a victimless crime. Just ask anyone who has worked in a store that sells guitars." best quote of the day


10. I can say I'm more confident with myself now that I'm starting to lose weight.

Thank you for opening my eyes. Your such an inspiration.

 
11. No matter how strong a girl is, she has a weak point. And sometimes, all she needs is a HUG.


12. I love the fact that you admitted that you snicker in your hand. That made my day.
 

13. I think there is buried yearning for heroism shoved down beneath the mundane of our lives. The problem is, there seem to be fewer available positive outlets, and this innate desire can be easily perverted, especially among the immature and rootless. For a teen girl, this is a real life romance/adventure novel fantasy come true - terrorist as sex symbol - until the nightmare of reality sets in.


I'm waiting for teen mags to replace pop singers with ISIS fighters on their covers. What's next; the sexiest terrorist of the year competition?

Good analysis with one exception. Jews are leaving Europe for Israel most likely for reasons of safety, security and because they see the writing the wall that Europe offers no future there for their children and are far less likely to be responding to a positive impetus for a more meaningful life.
 
 
14. Yes, I purposely offend muslims........I insult their religion, and DEFY their wimpy god.

WHY??
Because I want those precious children of God who are trapped within the Islamic culture to see that someone CAN defy their god and NOTHING HAPPENS. I haven't been struck by lightning, or cursed, or anything else. I want them to see that they CAN defy Islam and come in to the FREEDOM of Jesus Christ without fear of mystical mayhem. Yes, their own families will kill them......but it CAN give them courage to stand if they see someone else do it first.
 
 
15. I wonder if we'll only be as beautiful in heaven as our hearts are beautiful on earth?


16. My daughter: "Mom, hey mom, want to hear my quiet feet?"


Yep.
 
 
17. Good post! Yeah, most people hardly have a clue what it's like to be a professional writer. Then there are those, as you know, that aspire to become published writers and want to send you their stuff for feedback, as if we have all the free time in the world.
 
 
18. I Laugh All The Time Because Sometimes You Have To Play The Fool To Catch The Fool Who Thinks They're Fooling You.
 
 
19. Yeah actually I WOULD like tos ee non-CG robot suits and super speed. You... you do know that cosplayers have proven you can make a great looking robot suit (specifically Iron Man, Ultron and more) without it being all added in post (unless Comic Con is a lot different than I know) as for super speed, you don't NEED CG for that, camera tricks works just as well (and I don't mean just speeding up the footage Benny Hill style).

But glad a joke was worth hate
 
 
20. Well I have no idea why you are heartbroken. But I love you.
 
 
21. Okay.........ready for some really cool news??

We've talked about how the evidence points to somewhere around the end of January for the King's return..... Let's talk more about that.
The 6th blood moon comes July 27, 2018. That's the one I've pegged to be the midtrib point where the temple is defiled. The temples have ALWAYS been defiled on the very same day throughout history.......aha!!! THE NINTH OF AV.

SO.......that's further evidence that the 6th blood moon IS THE ONE that appears when the 6th seal is opened in Revelation chapter 6. It CAN'T be the seventh or eighth!!! The seventh arrives in JANUARY 2019 and the eighth arrives May 26, 2021......nowhere near the 9th of AV for the temple to be defiled.........OMG!!! THIS IS SO EXCITING!!!
That 6th blood moon IS the one that appears at the 6th seal judgment!!!!!!!!

Back that date up by 3-1/2 years, and you come to somewhere in the vicinity of the END OF JANUARY 2015 for the arrival of the King - give or take a couple of weeks. BUT.....He literally COULD show up any day now...... WE ARE IN THE ZONE!!! YEE HAW!! GLORY TO THE KING OF KINGS!!!!
 




 
22. You are creative, and quite mysterious. People love being around you because you always bring something new to the table, like Mary Poppins. You are adventurous too, and love excitement, as long as you are home in time for tea.

[What I got from the Playbuzz quiz "What Movie Musical Are You?"]

 
23. Nobody expects him to pretend to be one of them.
 

24. friends sometimes fight. And when one is walking rage machine and the other a man with an iron flying suit, it can tad destructive




25. Well, since the topic of political correctness often finds it's way here in some threads, I thought this might be helpful for those who don't understand exactly why people like me get so annoyed when the term is used as a pejorative. [link to article]

This to me sums it up beautifully; "The foundation of the English language was built by white men, and its continued evolution has been largely directed by that same group of people. In other words, what looks like catering to marginalized people is actually decentering a white, male perspective of humankind. [...] Making the decision not to promote language that harms a large group of people — like victims of violence — is not particularly hard, compulsory, or overly cautious. It is, however, a nice thing to do that costs you nothing."

 


26. Thanks to the loser who called me an evil witch. It sure beats "shock jock"!


 
27. Unique, fiery, and extremely passionate - You are most like renowned inventor and master of electricity Nikola Tesla! No stranger to showmanship, you are a double-sided coin in that you enjoy showing off your passions to others, yet prefer to keep to yourself. Others may find you a bit odd and you might feel like a bit of an outcast at times - but this is all due to your immense intelligence and passion for unique expression.

"Tesla was renowned for his achievements and showmanship, eventually earning him a reputation in popular culture as an archetypal "mad scientist." His patents earned him a considerable amount of money, much of which was used to finance his own projects with varying degrees of success. He lived most of his life in a series of New York hotels, through his retirement. He died on 7 January 1943. His work fell into relative obscurity after his death, but in 1960 the General Conference on Weights and Measures named the SI unit of magnetic flux density the tesla in his honor. Tesla has experienced a resurgence in interest in popular culture since the 1990s." - Nikola Tesla via Wikipedia

[Which famous Genius Do You Think Like?]



28. Because I love ME!

 
 
29. Wow! From politics, to sports, to music, to movies – you have completely mastered the 70s! It takes a real 70s lover, or historian, to be crowned a true 70s Guru, and you did it. Congratulations! Most people remember the music, Star Wars, or Nixon, but not all of the above. Maybe you’re still bumpin’ Zeppelin daily, or maybe you play a little Oregon Trail to reminisce after work, who knows? But whatever you’re doing, you’ve kept the 70s close to heart. Share this quiz with your friends, family, and fellow 70s lovers and let’s see how well they do!

 
 

30. Gravity Falls: It's like Cthulhu, For Kids! And I need more.

 

 
31. "Go forth and conquer! Plant crops of children as you pass through lands, take slaves and wives. Salt the fields so that each community comes to depend upon the very ones they hate the most. Then shall they come before us and kneel in submission."

 
 
32. Dawww.. puppy breath and tattoos... my kinda day

 
 
33. You're looking at it wrong - spider is pretending to be a part of the leaf, uses camouflage to catch the prey and suck the life out of living beings. Now go and hate it all you want. You're welcome

 
 
34. Sometimes as believers it is easy to get confused about what it means to LOVE OUR ENEMIES. Loving our enemies means that we clothe them if they are naked, we feed them if they are hungry, we give them drink if they are thirsty - visit them if they are sick or in prison - and we minister to them of the love of Christ through our obedience to HIM in these areas.

BUT.......make no mistake. We are NOT SYMPATHIZERS WITH THE ENEMY!!!!
WE ARE NOT supposed to TO FEEL SORRY FOR THE ENEMIES OF THE KING, BECAUSE TO DO SO IMPLIES THAT WE THINK THE KING IS DEALING WITH THEM UNJUSTLY.

OUR LOYALTY IS WITH THE KING. HE IS OUR FIRST PRIORITY.
ASK YOURSELF.........WHY are you feeling sorry for those who HAVE NO HUMAN SOUL?? They are NOT REAL PEOPLE.......but simply programmed examples appointed to destruction. He created them specifically FOR THAT PURPOSE. They are TRAINING TOOLS......created by the King as examples to us of WHAT NOT TO DO.

1 Corinthians 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.
They are simply programmed examples of what NOT to do...... Do you feel sorry for a programmed opponent in a video game?? It's NO DIFFERENT.
 
 
35. I'm picturing some of my characters as they acted in a play I was in as a kid -- my main characters are the Magi who went to visit Jesus guided by the "Star of Bethlehem" -- combined with literature I've read (the beginning of Ben Hur, The Fourth Wise Man, Amahl and the Night Visitors) as well as some knowledge I have of the cusp of the Christian/Common Era

[me regarding the book I'm writing this month]




36. Well, for some reason, the forest in my novel is called the Forgotten Forest but everyone knows where it is

 

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts