A Most Fascinating Revolution!



WORD COUNT: 20,434

A bit ironic posting that title now, since I see on the calendar it's also Revolution Day in Mexico -- apparently this commemoration of the 1910 revolution has only been celebrated the third Monday of May as opposed to November 20, the actual day of the event, for about a decade now. But I digress.

Today's title for my presentation of favorite statuses this first half of November came to me in the shower ... for some reason, I found myself thinking about something one of Marvel Comics' Watchers (the nigh-omnipotent race that dedicates itself to observing without interacting with other races; one could do worse that call them Marvel's version of Star Trek's Q Continuum, I think) said to Uatu, the Watcher presiding over the human race:

This had best not take too long, Uatu -- my sector is in the midst of a most fascinating revolution!

(What If? volume 1, issue 32, cover dated April 1982)

And this issue, like pretty much the whole What If? series, is set in an alternate reality -- that is, alternate to what happens in the "main" Marvel Comics universe, and the point of divergence is one of the biggies. Check it out if you can.

But now to my favorites even if I don't agree with all of them, David

------------------------------

1. Cain is religion. Abel is faith in Christ. It is RELIGION ...

2. Ur never to old to start over in life

3. There is no better feeling in the world than showing that Jesus is greater than lupus

4. I choose to be happy too - it's amazing how unfriend and block does that for a person.

5. No I can't go home Siri, I have work to do. Even if it will take just 9 minutes to get there. You bad influence you.

6. I am beginning a new chapter today. Wasn't something I had anticipated, but I need to heal and not harbor hate, for God commands to love one another as I love Him. Please continue to pray for me as the following minutes, hours and days will be days that the devil might see an opportunity to sway me away from His Word,
He sends me a legion of angels, and they are you.
Thank you all for your support and love and the countless messages that I can't reply as my heart is weeping.
[Poster's name].

7. So you vote solely on the Democratic ticket? Not for the individual who is the correct (notice I didn't say right) choice? I never vote straight ticket. Liberals and conservatives have their place.


8. J
ohn Baird coined the word TELEVISION by uniting the Greek word tele ("distant" or "far") with the Latin word vision ("to see"). Had the word been all Greek or all Latin, we might be complaining that there’s nothing to watch on the teleopsis or the proculvision.

9.
U will never b me u will allways lack something in ur life,, I for one have it all with out being Rich in money, I have family n friends that u will never have n this my dear makes me the Richest woman in this world.. now beat that......

10. What is important, far more than the definitions we cling to, is that we finish the stories we are burning to tell.

11. I made a least 4 bath scrubs and special salts, then some lotion today. I feel so creative even though I had a major test yesterday, and today, and a paper due tomorrow. The creativity helps make me even happier than I already was

12.
The dollar store has given me some storage solutions

13.
"What you think of me is none of my business".
I'm not sure who originally said this, but I love it. Just yesterday I have an extended conversation with my daughter about how we can't live our lives wondering or being consumed with what others think about us. People are entitled to opinions but we are entitled to not place weight there.

We have no obligation to justify or explain anything we choose to keep private. We have every right to make choices that may seem odd to others if we feel heart led. It is not our job to convince others about our choices. It is not their choice nor consequence.

We have to live our truth and keep moving forward. Sideways glances and whispers say much more about the individuals participating than those being talked about. Behind the back conversations are best left back there. But...once you know they are happening you can alter what you share in the future.

14. It might not be a good idea to get a spa pedicure while reading comics for the podcast. There is a real chance I may actually like everything in this state.

15. There is a lot of Super Friends hate in my neck of the woods....

16. ... But I'm going to accomplish my mission and also provide fast efficient QUALITY care to each one.

17. "A couple of months ago I had a dream, which I remember with the utmost clarity. (I don’t usually remember my dreams.)
I dreamed I had died and gone to Heaven. I looked about and knew where I was-green fields, fleecy clouds, perfumed air, and the distant, ravishing sound of the heavenly choir. And there was the recording angel smiling broadly at me in greeting.
I said, in wonder, "Is this Heaven?"
The recording angel said, "It is."
I said (and on waking and remembering, I was proud of my integrity), "But there must be a mistake. I don’t belong here. I’m an atheist."
"No mistake," said the recording angel.
"But as an atheist how can I qualify?"
The recording angel said sternly, "We decide who qualifies. Not you."
"I see," I said. I looked about, pondered for a moment, then turned to the recording angel and asked, "Is there a typewriter here that I can use?"
The significance of the dream was clear to me. I felt Heaven to be the act of writing, and I have been in Heaven for over half a century and I have always known this."

-- Isaac Asimov from "I. Asimov: A Memoir"

18.
Remember, writer: You can do this. Novels don't just get written in a flash of brilliance, and besides, you've always preferred the harder, narrower path. Explore those alleys, rub elbows with all kinds of characters, chip away at that book, one word at a time.

Writing through this dark and stormy night,

Tim Kim
Editorial Director


[I kept his name up because this is publicly available on National Novel Writing Month's website.]

19. A duck walks into a bar and asks: "Got any Bread..?"
Barman says: "No."
Duck says: "Got any bread..?"
Barman says: "No."
Duck says: "Got any bread..?"
Barman says: "No, we have no bread."
Duck says: "Got any bread..?"
Barman says: "No, we haven't got any bread..!"
Duck says: "Got any bread?"
Barman says: "No, are you deaf..?! We haven't got any bread, and if you ask me again and I'll nail your dang beak to the bar you irritating dang fricking duck..!"
Duck says: "Got any nails..?"
Barman says: "No"
Duck says: "Got any bread..?..

20. you could have been very cheeky and said 'those that can't, teach'. It's not true nor fair to so many great teachers out there but this is not a remark on them. This is not meant to be a general sweeping statement about anyone but him. This is to put someone who did something unconscionable in his place.

Ignore him. And write.

21. Today is Veterans Day and as I walked to my bus stop I looked down and I saw the efforts of so many on the ground being blown away by a gust of wind. My flag, my colors were on the ground and it crushed me because people were just passing by it and doing nothing.

It was cold and I hate the cold but I hated seeing it in the dirt even more so I picked it up and the wind caught it and it did what it was created to do...it waved proudly and strong and I smiled.

I found the hole it had once occupied and saw that the wind had been so strong that the wooden pole had snapped. I took my glove off and cleared it out and replaced the fallen flag and made sure it wouldn't fall again by taking the shards of wood that I had removed and wedged them in between the pole and the metal cylinder it had been in. When I stood up it was as though it was smiling at me saying thank you. So I did what a good soldier does when seeing her flag; I saluted her.

To all those brave soldiers, past and present, thank you.

22. just found out the correct way to pronounce Minot. I thought it was Minooh.... But it's just the way it looks... just thought I'd share that with you...

[A Canadian friend of mine wrote me this -- and the first time I pronounced the city where I now live, I did the same thing!]

 23. That happens. No one should feel demoralized... The hardest part of writing a book is writing it... people who are fast typers or have free time are going to do more. If you're working full time, going to school or just type 20 words a minute, don't compare yourself, just keep making progress!!

24. You meet a young woman one morning. Intelligent, interesting, and admittedly rather odd. The strange thing is that she always wears gloves. She never seems able to explain it consistently, but the idea of not wearing them makes her nervous. What would be your thoughts on someone like that? Psychologically, I mean.

25. Bad characters! You were not supposed to kiss yet! You were supposed to wait until the big victory, not steal a desperate kiss in the darkness of a prison...

There goes my romantic subplot.

26. Countdown day #2: Younger versions of ourselves. Wedding advice number one: If you must argue - argue naked

27. Some people are just posers and not true fans. If they were, they would understand the difference between TOS red shirts and TNG shirts. (Poor, poor posers!)

28. Anddd...I have failed in my attempt to not mock the stupids. Happy World Kindness Day everyone! Don't be this chic <------

29. Confession time...
I've never written fanfic, because I've never been so devoted to or enthusiastic about something to write fanfic about it...
I enjoy certain TV series, or movies, or books, but not to that extent.
I seem to lack truly passionate interest in much of life's offerings...

30. Do not tell yourself what you cannot do. Tell yourself what you can do, and then do it.



Comments

Popular Posts