23. Invitation Only





About thirty minutes into my work day today, I had it made by two people working at Jimmy John's who were handing out free samples of their sandwiches. Since Fast Cash where I work is within their delivery area, I got to choose from a three-inch of their ham and cheese sandwich or their turkey sub. I chose the ham and cheese and got two additional samples as well!



And before THAT I stopped to pick up some Lipton tea which will last me a few days at the office and on my way out saw the women behind the counter and the man paying handling an American Express Centurion Card (and he sounded surprised I identified it as such, for “not many people in North Dakota know what that is”). Even with the influx of workers and business coming into the state due to our oil and employment booms, you're not likely to see many. It's invitation only.



This was my first full weekend at Marketplace Foods – Arrowhead working in the deli, and it's certainly keeping me busy! Through Betsy and Libby and Cory and Gloria, I am learning more about breading and rodding chickens than I ever thought I'd need to (by the way, rodding a chicken refers to sticking a rotisserie rod through two of them in succession, seasoning them, and then cooking them on a rotisserie).



I'm cleaning and washing dishes and serving customers – the former takes quite a while, let me assure you! No time for grass to grow under my feet, which would be hard through a solid floor, and it's no lie that the extra money coming in will help my family and I greatly! I just need to be careful to not sleep and nap too much, for I'm yawning like crazy. It's also the first full week of summer for the kids, so it's easy to do that since I don't have to rush THEM!



Tomorrow's mayoral election here in Minot is between a city councilman and a write-in candidate, and the only reason #2 is a write-in candidate is his paperwork wasn't filled out in time to get on the ballot. So I'll be there. It seems as though Sarah and Jeffrey, especially Jeffrey, is starting to get past the kiss and hug stage when I leave for the day – I brought the kids to Grandma's before work and they dashed out the doors and ride their bikes. Sarah came back to give me one, but Jeffrey I could not stop!



Hey, when I got home last night he asked me to help him of a summer version of Hangman, so I'll call it even. And they DID behave well this morning (of the kids, Sarah's the early riser and if I didn't have to take them somewhere, like I didn't most of last week because Martha's sister Mary stayed with us to the basement where she's staying being cleaned, I'd let them sleep in as long as they wilt) and this weekend they've been really helpful at work and play with Mom, so she says.
 
 
 
And I'm inclined to believe my love, David




Comments

Popular Posts