15. I Think My Favorite Here Is Number Twenty



[I have this awesome idea for a scene I've had planned for my upcoming novel for "Victory" for years finally mapped out, I just need to get off my behind and write it, which I will do today, check on me. The recordings of my life will be back here tomorrow, and for today I'm sharing the statuses or letters over the first half of June that really impressed me, taking out self-references where I remember to do it. And a little something about the first one; Sain-City is the name of a Brooklyn, New York based company that specializes in visual arts and personal enhancement through beauty. For a more user-friendly translation of THAT, please check out their website by that name. Have an awesome day, David]




1. Conversation started September 17, 2010
David Alvin
9/17, 5:05pm
David Alvin

Sain-City, Speak To Us!
She rises from the desert, and all come
Architect, Foundress, Goddess, Ruler
She rises and those who seek this home
pass through the portals of Her sanctuary Hands
and kiss Her hands as they escape the blistering winds,
they enter a hall of mirrors, and become warmed in
Sain-City, that blessed land where all see themselves
as they are, not as they wish to be,
not as others see them, but as they are.
Architect, Foundress, Goddess, Ruler
of Sain-City, we are here! What do You wish of us?
The pulse sounds, the beat of Her heart,
the heart of Sain-City throbs steady. In the whisper that
seems to rise all around those seeking shelter, that which
seduces, astounds, imprints, navigates,
declares, yearns, startles, ensorcels --
Sain-City speaks.
Architect, Foundress, Goddess, Ruler
She speaks. "You who seek shelter, I ask not for servitude.
You who seek home, I ask not for homage.
You who seek warmth, I ask not for worship.
You who seek refuge, I ask not for reverence."
Astounded Who asked, and asked not, this,
those who sought shelter, home, warmth, refuge
who were prepared to give whatever She,
Architect, Foundress, Goddess, Ruler
asked were prepared, yet ill prepared to receive
Her words:
"I have only two rules, two edicts, two commandments
that I will all who come to Sain-City to follow, to obey, to repeat."
Unseen She raised a hand and pointed to the gate
through which they had entered, and they saw the words, Her Words:
"I think ... therefore I am beautiful."
Keep these words, see beauty in all, make all from you so.
Then She raised another hand and pointed to the gate
through which they would go, and they saw the words, Her Words:
"My only hatred is ignorance."
in each dwelling those seeking to remain in Sain-City would have,
"I think ... therefore I am beautiful" would greet them
at their doorposts going out
"My only hatred is ignorance" would greet them
at their doorposts going in.
So all Sain-City will honor and cherish Her, glory to Her
ARCHITECT, FOUNDRESS, GODDESS, RULER!

[Her response]: Ruler
of Sain-City, we are here! What do You wish of us?
The pulse sounds, the beat of Her heart,
the heart of Sain-City throbs steady. In the whisper that
seems to rise all around those seeking shelter, that which
seduces, astounds, imprints, navigates,
declares, yearns, startles, ensorcels --
Sain-City speaks.
Architect, Foundress, Goddess, Ruler
She speaks. "You who seek shelter, I ask not for servitude.
You who seek home, I ask not for homage.
You who seek warmth, I ask not for worship.
You who seek refuge, I ask not for reverence."
Astounded Who asked, and asked not, this,
those who sought shelter, home, warmth, refuge
who were prepared to give whatever She,
Architect, Foundress, Goddess, Ruler
asked were prepared, yet ill prepared to receive
Her words:
"I have only two rules, two edicts, two commandments
that I will all who come to Sain-City to follow, to obey, to repeat."
Unseen She raised a hand and pointed to the gate
through which they had entered, and they saw the words, Her Words:
"I think ... therefore I am beautiful."
Keep these words, see beauty in all, make all from you so.
Then She raised another hand and pointed to the gate
through which they would go, and they saw the words, Her Words:
"My only hatred is ignorance."
in each dwelling those seeking to remain in Sain-City would have,
"I think ... therefore I am beautiful" would greet them
at their doorposts going out
"My only hatred is ignorance" would greet them
at their doorposts going in.
So all Sain-City will honor and cherish Her, glory to Her
ARCHITECT, FOUNDRESS, GODDESS, RULER!

[The response of Sain-City's founder; I was really touched:]

I was going through my email and saw this David Alvin . I remember when Sain-City first started and you wrote these beautiful words in my inbox. I wanted to share it with the world. Because at that time you inspired me to keep and going, and here I am now. 4 years later and still going. Thank you.


 



2. On the Road to a new and better life for myself , been stressing and worrying about if a certain someone really likes or cares for me but guess what it's all about me!!! My time to Shine!!!




3. It was Timothy’s last day of Preschool today. He went and hugged all of the guys first. It ended in a happy dog pile. Then he hugged the girls. One girl waited with arms open wide and they hugged.
Timmy said with awe in his voice, "Haley is beautiful." Haley just stood there and beamed knowingly.
As we left the classroom Timmy said, "The girls in my class are very beautiful, but not the boys."




4. I felt the King laugh at me.........I'm so pathetic sometimes.......lol. A few years back I was studying and noticing that the rapture saints aren't judged. Yes, we all stand before the judgment seat of Christ, but not all in the same capacity.

It looked like we didn't receive any rewards because we aren't judged.......and I was asking God about it and feeling somewhat disappointed. He laughed.......I could feel Him laugh at me in the Spirit....

I remember what He said to my mind...........I'll never forget it.

He said, "What need does the bride have of rewards, when everything I have belongs to her?" We all DO stand before the judgment seat of Christ....but the bride is handing out the rewards, not receiving them...... She's received her crown, authority, and THE ENTIRE KINGDOM before that judgment seat ever takes place. We might just be assisting in handing out the rewards......






5. heehee We have the cutest little 80-year-old landlady. Her English is about as bad as my Czech, but we have lovely conversations. She's a sweetheart!





6. i know what the old folks meant when they said, "tell the truth and shame the devil" Lord we need to be telling the truth and putting the devil to shame





7. UNEMPLOYED ANGELS ARE ABOUT TO GET THEIR MARCHING ORDERES THANK YOU ABBA THY WILL BE DONE AMEN





 
8. Earning a Xhosa name is very different from any other name. The name spreads like wildfire and before long, people who you barely knew walks up and goes: "Molo Nonkqobela" It is DELIGHTFUL by the way





9. Why I love working with 6th graders #142 - "Ashamed" - Ok, it's the last day of school and there are certainly individual students that I will miss and others that I'm relieved to see step out of my door. One of the latter students came back during my planning period today. I confess my heart sank and a quick whiny thought flew through my mind to the effect of "Whyyyyy, his class is over - why is he back here?". I have written him a discipline referal nearly weekly and I have counted it a relieved blessing on days when he has not shown up. So, as he came in my door, I expected a pathetic plea to raise his grade up.
Me - Can I help you?
Him - Yeah, could you sign this
(he hands me a couple of half sheets of paper he's stapled together in book form)
Him - My gramma said we didn't have enough money for a yearbook, but everyone else is getting things signed, so I just made my own.
(I'm silent and perplexed as he hands me these papers)
Him - I know I been bad in your class, and you had to write me up a lot, but I want you to know that I was a good kid last year. I got lots of A's and stuff, but when my dad got put in jail last year we started moving around a lot. I lived with my auntie and now I'm living with my gramma and, well, I just want you to know I wasn't always like this. And even though you wrote me up a lot, you were still my favorite teacher.
(he opens the "book" to a page written in purple marker "my favorite teacher" and hands it to me)
Me - (I sign something benign with wishes for his future, but the whole time I'm choking back tears praying - God, forgive me for loving teaching students more than loving the students I'm "teaching". - how many more did I have like him who acted out when I was trying to teach them verbs while they were wondering where they would sleep that night?)






10. God resists the proud,but lifts up the humble.





11. Let the record show that communication through a third party is still defying a "do not contact" according to judges in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Just in case anyone was wondering or contemplating going against counsel to stay away from a person...





12. Remember folks karma is real! Nothing wrong w/aiming higher. But leave jobs and relationships the correct way. And you know what that means!!!





13. - you should always remember who was there for you when the rest of the world decided to step away...*






14.
Best two word phrase out of a book for this semester: "theological schizophrenia"..... Again, just stamp "church geek" on my forehead!!



15. If you’re thinking about starting a business, or have recently started one, it’s crucial to understand that you can’t succeed by trying to sell people what you think they SHOULD want. It's critical to clearly understand that consumers make purchases based on they DO want.

Likewise, never lose sight of the fact that an asking price is nothing more than your opinion of what your product or service is worth, while value is someone else’s opinion of what your product or service is worth. And, guess what? Customers aren’t interested in your opinion.

Which means that the virtue of self-interest in the marketplace is that no one can continue to produce a product or provide a service if there aren’t enough people who want to buy it at the price that is being asked for it.

In simple terms, then, a big part of getting what you want in life is a result of taking actions that give other people what they want – especially if you’re in business for yourself.






16. A movie that cashes in on something and a movie that doesn't suck are not mutually exclusive.







17. Had my first counseling session with my pastor. The topic, death.





18. Why are pirates not a group that emigrated? Ugg the boy tells me NOW he needs a costume for tomorrow for culture day.. we can pirate him up but having trouble with the other cultures





19. Today Is Another Day For Me To Be Better Than I Were Yesterday. Self Encouragement, Self Motivation, Self Inspiration, Self Improvement





20. My new goal is to forget my anger, insecurities and excuses just as easily as I forget my keys in the car or wherever the hell I put my sunglasses.




21. Everyone Loves You Until You Become The Competition.





22. [The poster's son] is working all day today. He loves to be busy, but I noticed some of his negative attitude coming back. I hope work knocks some of that out of him because I much prefer him without the attitude that certain people bring out in him. It is understandable though, wrongdoing is never a path towards joy. As soon as people stop promoting negative behaviours and actions, he will finish straightening back permanently into the fab kid we all know and love.





23. "When you get into the ministry, you're in the answer business." ~Walter Sundberg~.....





24. Thanks for being the biggest disappointment in candy history, Twizzlers. You just aren't good. I keep taking a bite, hoping it gets better, but it doesn't. You're just lightly flavored wax. I am not ashamed to tell you I resent you for that.





25. I must be really judge mental but some mothers these days. Letting boyfriends move in with there barely teenage daughters and drinking, tattoos, etc all before the age of 16. Don't you want more from your kids???






26. I'm not sure what's more destructive and hivey to me - the super killer bright sun or the weird place Joram dragged me into named Sports Authority looking for shoes for camp. This must be what vampires feel like on holy ground...




27. "D'zhin'ni" (Djinn - perhaps more commonly know as "genies" - are Arabic spirits with free will, creatures older than angels, and as filled with as much individualism as humans - or angels, reputedly. Plural is Djinn, singular is Djinni. So we have a Djinni.)



28. I hear that I have been cloned... that several friends have received
new friend requests supposedly from me. DON'T friend me! I'll put
up new picture on my cover, and let the groups I'm in know about
this all and maybe then it will be safe to friend me, if you didn't in
the past. My business "fan" page includes my middle name and can
only be "liked' and cannot request "friend" --
meanwhile I reported a new blank account... all the other iterations
I could find looked like they could be legit.







29. My prayer for today: God, use me with all that I am.
Please help us to show each other that we ALL mean something to You.
Bring us and draw us near to You with every waking moment.
Those who don't know You, let them know You love them also.
Don't give up on us!
Let us be in Your care, always!
Don't leave!
Let us be still!
Amen!



30. Dad keeps showing me pictures of his many many really icky spiders *shudder*





31. Wise man say forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza. Truer words have never been spoken, dude! Nostalgic and Nerdy, you are the culmination of 90's pop culture, and a kid at heart. Cowabunga! "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is a 1990 American live-action film adaptation of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise directed by Steve Barron. The film was followed by three sequels: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze in 1991, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III in 1993, and TMNT in 2007. This film presents the origin story of Splinter and the Turtles, the initial meeting between them, April O'Neil and Casey Jones, and their first confrontation with The Shredder and his Foot Clan. The film is distributed by New Line Cinema and outside the United States is internationally distributed by Golden Harvest. Released on March 30, 1990, the film became the second highest-grossing independent film of all time, and became the ninth highest grossing film worldwide of 1990 and the most successful film in the franchise." - Wikipedia





32. Just putting this out there: I don't apologize for lazy summer days.

I let my kids have too much screen time. (Not 24/7, but more than they "should".)

I let them stay in pajamas all day if there's no reason not to.

I let them eat when they want to and what they want to (within reason ... they typically make pretty good food choices).

I let them play in and -- *gasp* -- drink out of the water hose. And often that counts as their daily shower.

It's SUMMER. They're KIDS. I have, at most, three or four more summers like this with Katie. I don't apologize. If you think less of me as a mom, so be it.

*steps off soapbox*






33. I simply don't understand young teens anymore. And I really don't understand parents who let their kids act the way they do. My kids are far from perfect, and yes I do believe they are spoiled. But they know how to treat other people.
Today at the pool today, a group of young girls about 13 were staring at my sons sitting in the chair. I believe they were part of a dance team. One of the girls yells out "hey she likes you." The second girl turned around and says "no I don't, she is only kidding." So I think, they are just being kids, no big deal. Until the girl continues own, "I really don't like you, you are disgusting . You are disgusting and ugly" .
I believe I must have given a very dirty look to those girls because one of them pointed to me and whispered to the others. They quickly moved to the other side if the pool.

I don't care if kids joke, but to carry it so far as to say that my boys are disgusting and ugly? I tell you what little girl, my sons are way to good to even associate with the likes if you.






34. Well, Sam and Zoe have both written some persuasive letters, encouraging the Domino's folks to bring back the Noid. Maybe they'll start a movement or an uprising or something. LOL.





35. The best thing that can happen your sons if for girls to leave them alone. Let them continue to excel and focus on school. Then when your sons have moved on to more successful lives with hot smart women, they can order fries from the ones who are tactfully ignorant.





36. God is really Blessing me. The phone called I received put tears in my eyes. My blessings are bigger than my blessings. It has multiple and the day is not even over with yet. Thank you God!





37. Therapist was just here and recommended a hospital bed for Dave. I think it's a great idea and am glad for him to have one.





38. Pam made dinner tonight... Chicken crusted with pistachios/almonds/cashews and fried in coconut oil, then drizzled with the juice from a jar of jalapeño stuffed olives, topped with diced apples and a side of asparagus. Quite yummy

She also got a real life lesson in that it's smart to keep baking soda near the stove for when the burner catches on fire... No ones fault. I think it was a piece of food that flamed up from under the burner. It was quite humorous though






39. I just am taking a break from dating once more for about a year.
I feel it is best for myself and my health and all.
I cant wait to start dipping into my music and art and start living the way I want and need to. This will be quite the adventure.
Wont you join me, friends?






40. 3 papers, a submission for my confessions class and prep for a final. All of this needs to be done tonight....sure, I can do this. Beyond frustrated with one of my classes and am so glad it's done tomorrow....just being honest.





41. Getting baptized... Everything is gonna be different ... Got everyone I love most here with me !





42. Love my history class but I swear the squirrels in my head are about the size of elephants today....fortunately, my professor has the same issues.





43. "Just fake it till you make it" [my spider-sense has tingled at these words for YEARS -- David] are perhaps the most damaging motivational words ever spoken, yet positive-mental-attitude gurus continue to urge their students to adhere to this childish philosophy.

In real life, you cannot acquire a positive mental attitude simply by standing in front of a mirror and reciting self-energizing slogans, force-feeding your mind with positive thoughts, or heartily shaking people's hands and loudly exclaiming, "Great!" when someone asks you how things are going.

There’s no question that a positive mental attitude is important to a person’s success, but a true positive mental attitude can be attained only through hard work and preparation. You develop a positive mental attitude by being good at your craft, by understanding the realities of what it takes to succeed, and by having the self-discipline to base your actions on those realities.

If anyone tries to tell you that a positive mental attitude is possible simply by feeding your mind positive thoughts, make sure you don’t buy whatever self-help course he’s selling, because it won’t work. What will work is making yourself a more valuable person, and that costs nothing.






44. Listen, for she speaks. She speaks on a voice terrible and sweet. Her words are rich with the damp forest mast, flowing with the headwaters of mighty rivers. The resonance of her voice is the whisper of forest leaves, of desert sands whistling in the dark of night, the roar of a tornado and rumble of thunder. She holds the corn, the beans, the squash, each precious to her heart. The gifts she cries over repay her depth of love by reaching green joy to the skies, and in time, lay down their lives so that others may live. She is myriad, holy, unforgiving of fools. The ultimate mother of all, she is hard, full of conflict. She is the home we all come to, and that we must love to live. She, blessed, is us.





45. Happy Father's Day to all you dads that take care of your kids. And happy "Mathers" day to all you moms who do both the mom and dad roles!!!





46. A few things that make my dad better than yours.

#1. My dad gave me 5 dollars every school day when I was in H.S ( He told me it was so a guy could never buy my affection, because now I had money).
#2. My dad drove me to school every single day in H.S and the first year of College ( As embarrassing as that was, my dad did it to keep me out of trouble, and it work.
#3. My dad always told me that i was beautiful ( he did that so that way if a guy told me I was beautiful It wouldn't impress me).
#4. When i was diagnosed with cancer, my dad became a doctor overnight. ( he experimented on me; all types of herbal stuff, but he did it because he love me).
#5. My dad gave me a speech with a proverb EVERY SINGLE DAY of my life….It annoyed the hell out of me, but today I find myself repeating the same speech to my kids ( he did this to build my wisdom).
#6. My dad is the type of dad that I can call and say "I'm constipated" and he will run over to bring me something to take.
My dad for with all his Flaws is Incredible…..My dad Stayed in my life, to help me become the woman that I am today. My dad is WONDERFUL.
 

Comments

Popular Posts