The Simplification had ceased to have plan or purpose


 

[And today I'll be concluding the excerpts from Bethany Lutheran Church's confirmands (e.g., those who have been confirmed in church teachings, typically ninth graders who have just completed a three-year curriculum – they're after items 14 and 28) as well as sharing my favorite status updates from the second half of April – I held off until the beginning of May to make it fair. Got Jeffrey's first-grade concert at school today, Martha's final bowling competition for league before summer break, hymns I sing in the shower … ok, maybe THAT's more than you wanted to know, though I'm impressed I still remember the words of “Stand Up, Stand Up For Jesus” though I don't believe I've heard or sung it in decades!

It must not suffer loss, David]




1. Sometimes you have to make your own sunshine.

2. Pam and Lisa I'm stealing your post!
This was shared by one of my fellow seminarians as we discuss call stories and what it means to be a disciple and following our callings to serve:

God: You are called.
Me: I object.
God: Objection overruled. Get moving.

3. is there anything better than freshly laundered socks...! Nay...there is not!

Except for a nice big glass of wine.

4. Writing is more than anything a compulsion, like some people wash their hands 30 times a day for fear of awful consequences if they do not. -Julie Burchill, Sex and Sensibility.

5. Yeah! Cause by the time I'm sixty, at least three of my books will be amazing movies, I'll have my own crafty show (like Martha Stewart, only with lots of sarcasm and a little bit of darkness here and there), and I'll have a castle where all staff members (maids, butlers, the pool boy, and the in-house bartender) will be required to dress in gothic Victorian steampunky uniforms every single day or else.

6. Things in the world are beyond chaotic why can't we, as a human race, find peace and learn to just let it all be? Does it seem worth the blood shed and loss of life just to gain a piece of land or obtain a sense of position?

We live in sad times people!

7. I don't understand it ALL yet, but it will be revealed to me ... the time is coming! Done questioning, done wondering, I'm just GOING .. catch me if you can!

8. I said to my almost 4 yr old sweetie " I bet u luv Ms.T cause I made playdate w/your best friend! " She said I always luv u Ms.T! "
I am a tough gal but kids break me!

9. So many are out there using terms like "false rapture". There is no such thing!!!!

It's IMPOSSIBLE to falsify a mass rapture that takes every single baby and young child on the planet AT ONCE. How do they falsify every single baby being taken out of their own cribs, or even right out of their mother's arms??

Don't believe those who tell you there is no rapture. YES THERE IS, and there has been a mass rapture in the past.........

Matthew 27:52. And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

27:53. And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

JESUS IS COMING. THIS IS REALITY.

The bible has proven itself 100% percent accurate for the past 35 centuries that CAN BE VERIFIED with evidence. Therefore, we must prepare ourselves for this accuracy rate to continue - and Jesus to take the children and the believers who are surrendered to Him SHORTLY.

You have to DELUDE YOURSELF to believe that such an accuracy rate will suddenly change in the last 8 years of the prophecies.

THINK LOGICALLY........LOOK AT THE ACCURACY RATE......BELIEVE HIM NOW.

10. Feeling like exploring new territory today and NOTHING is stopping me .. there's no time like the present! I think I'll get lost a while!

11. I hardly ever post stuff like this, and maybe I shouldn't.. But... I AM FREE! Shaking off the bondage of a childish relationship is always the best way to stop feeling sorry for yourself, and grow up. I almost feel guilty for being happy. But I guess I'll just shove that guilt into my homework and finally get something useful done. - happy single girl, looking forward to a productive future.

12. Gah! How can I have forgotten how to graph a parabola since Friday?? (/_-)

  1. Say, was I the only one who didn't know that the Comics Code Authority officially dissolved in 2011? I know it's not big news or anything but... I don't know I always thought it hung itself during the 90s or something.
  2. Pain Is Real. But So Is Hope.

My faith is a huge part of my life. Not many people know me well enough to know that my faith is very strong. I've been reading the book, “Jesus Speaks to Teens.” The books talks about all of the Bible verses, but in a way that I can understand. I've been going to Bible camp for three years now. Bible camp is a place where you can be yourself and have fun expressing your faith. I plan on continuing my faith with my future family.

15. we live in a society that is extremely dogmatic and artificial. that really needs to change.

16. Meg: Are you going to get a new breadspread?
Me: No. I don't have enough dough.
Bahaha

17. Being a single mom is just too much sometimes. Tomorrow I will pull up the big girl panties but today has just been too much for anyone to have to deal with. Anaphylaxis from a basic steroid injection in my wrist and spent the entire day in the ER because my airway was closing up and i broke out in hives everywhere. Now my wrist hurts so bad from the injection that I can't even put on my seatbelt and was crying when I went into the gas station to ask someone to help me pump gas. The prescriptions I need aren't ready, I had to open the bottle of pain pills with my teeth and I've now blown my nose on every receipt in my car and I just want to get home and make all of this stop hurting!

18. God is answering prayer - but it's so like Him to start me out slow and watch me grow. Thank you M.K.

19. You will never influence the world trying to be like it.

20. Here is a question I have often pondered.. If the winds are steady at 50mph is it possible to outrace them without taking flight?

21. My best business advice: Don't chase money, chase God. Pray, fast, work hard-- execute!

22. If I Was Meant To Be Controlled, I Would Have Come With A Remote.

23. Money Only Impresses Lazy Girls. When A Woman Works Hard, A Man With Money Is A Bonus, Not A Ladder To Upgrade.

24. I don't always concern myself with other people's business, but when I do it goes a little something like this:

Me: "HEY!!!" *camera pointed & ready*
Lady: *looks to the left*
Me: *snaps picture*
Lady: *blank stare*
Me: "I just wanted to get a picture of the asshole that smokes with her unrestrained children in the car!"
Lady: *throws out cigarette & rolls window up*

25. Found a 1940's era newspaper for the play, working on some curtains for the set and working on emptying this wine bottle to use as a prop.

26. I love your smile kid - But its not amazing enough to hide Pleural Effusion.

27. I was watching this show on Netflix, "Prophets of Science Fiction," which details how the science fiction of the past; H.G. Wells, Phillip K. Dick, etc., ended up becoming science fact. H. G. Wells foresaw the atomic bomb, and he even was responsible for the name.

So, this makes me think of tohu v'bohu, wrongly translated, "without form and void," (a better translation is, "astonishing, amazing chaos) and it made me think that following the initial "bara," also wrongly translated as created, the eretz (earth/land) was like what happens when an atomic bomb is dropped. Talk about a big bang.

28. J. M. Barrie Susan Bivin Aller

The Journals of Mihail Sebastian David Auburn (adapted by)

The Harbinger Jonathan Cahn

J. R. R. Tolkien: The Man Who Created The Lord of the Rings Michael Coren

The Great Waldo Search Martin Handford

A Heinlein Trio Robert A. Heinlein

The Trumpeter of Krakow Eric P. Kelly

The Red Leather Diary Lily Koppel

A Canticle for Leibowitz Walter M. Miller, Jr.

Peanuts Every Sunday Charles M. Schulz

Rembrandt Mike Venezia

books bought at Minot Public Library book sale, 042514

[and as I type this I've finished Journals, Canticle, Peanuts, Rembrandt, and Waldo and am reading (among other things) Harbinger and Heinlein now -- David]

I used to not enjoy going to church services, Sunday School, or Confirmation but over the years my relationship with God has grown and going to church services and confirmation is something I look forward to. Confirmation has taught me numerous things. Even though I sin, I know God loves me and all of his creations. I will carry out his teachings and follow his commandments even after being confirmed.

29. Courage is not a man with a gun in his hand. It's knowing you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do

30. Before going home the kids and I talked about our two weeks off. "Are you going to miss us?'' I had to think fast before answering, '' I love you all but I won't miss you.''
"I won't miss you either, miss, '' one of them told me. I could see in his eyes he was trying to get back at me. ''That's good,'' I answered. ''Missing your teacher when on vacation would be quite odd. You miss your mom but not your teacher.''
He sighed. ''I can't win, eh miss? You always have the last word!''
LOL, you bet, dear boy!

31. WoooHooo I got the job... I was called cocky and arrogant with a twist of sweet and spice... lol... I didnt know what to think about that until she said thats a fabulous trait to have!!! Hmmm lol... okay!!! Now nap time for this old girl!!!

32. Het punt waarop je moe bent en wilt gaan slapen, maar te lui om op te staan uit je stoel om naar bed te wandelen...

[The point at which you are tired and want to go to sleep but too lazy to get up out of your Chair to go to bed to walk ... ]

33. ....Because I'm Happy.

34. Tuscan Chicken on Ciabatta: The Movie

35. I won't say who this is, but I love the varying reactions to being awakened in the middle of the night by a storm.

Him: Is that thunder?
Her: Yes, the weather is supposed to get bad now.
Him: Oh. Zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Meanwhile, she gets up to check the weather and watch the radar. Glad one of us, I mean them, won't die.

36. The Beyonder is the 80s and the 80s is the Beyonder

37. Life's full of up and downs. One minute it's open water and calm seas, the next it's a hurricane you can't escape. A good captain goes down with his ship, but a great captain sails through the hurricane because they're not afraid of it. I don't know how yoy got so wise, but I sure do appreciate and love you. Thank you

38. We have a friend who sells goats to Muslim halal consumers. Not a problem. It's a major business string doing this that bothers me. Okay, I eat a lot of things others consider "wrong"... if they don't like it, why don't they raise their own? Same as us, there will be those who are capable of doing what others only preach. Sad, sad, sad. Tolerance starts at home - not in a major franchise. That's just political dickering.

39. It's funny how the most volatile eater-ists are vegetarians, vegans, fruitarians, and whateverotherarians. Omnivores seem to just chew on.

40. k, politics and animal welfare comments mean its time to say good bye for a while!!! LOL! Now Hunter Hayes is next, have a great afternoon!

41. Well Lord, it was a close call. I had 45 minutes to prep for a lesson I may or may not give tonight. With God, all things are possible. Even the impossible. Thank you

42. Hot sauce. And hope. Please clear my sinuses. Oh, and I righted a wrong of 25 years today. Truly a wish of mine granted for my oldest.

43. Today is a day when I wish I had all the answers. I wish I could make everything better. Who knows what the future will hold. Hopefully the best for everyone.



Comments

Popular Posts