43. This Is How It Happened ...






First, the good news … this morning's appointment with my neurologist Dr. Lee only resulted in an addition phenytoin to take at night. My med levels are normal, but I have to get my blood tested within the next two weeks, and my follow-up with Lee comes in six months' time. This happened after I made sure with Sarah's, Jeffrey's, and Josceline's teachers that they and the front office at Longfellow knew they would be picked up early Thursday to attend Breanna's graduation away from Minot.



Our World.



Regretfully, I will not be able to go to the service because I'll be at work that afternoon, but I will get to go to the after-graduation party at Robert and Sharon's where there will be food and I will hear and most likely see photos of the festive occasion. I can live with that. Last night after work I got home to a great tasting turkey dinner (Hormel microwavable) with mashed potatoes and creamed corn and cherry Kool-Aid. AND we settled in to watch Once Upon A Time



One day they found themselves trapped in a place where all their happy endings were stolen.



Yes, that show running on ABC with the refurbished fairy tales does not pay its writers and actors enough! The episode we watched last night was “Snow Drifted”, the episode where Emma and Hook fell through the time portal created by the death of Zelena the Wicked Witch – and Jeffrey started such profound speculations on how something Emma and Hook do in the past “could wreck the continuum” (his words, which he likely picked up from Johnny Test) and alter the future.



Or think we know.



In summary, Zelena originally wanted to use magic to open a door to the past and change her future, but since Rumpelstiltskin killed her – or maybe it was killing her that triggered the spell, the same way Regina and Snow both had to sacrifice the hearts of the persons they loved most to trigger the Dark Curse (YOU HAVE GOT TO WATCH THIS SHOW!), Jeffrey and I speculated aloud – the portal opened and Emma and Hook on the very edge of the barn where it manifested were dragged in …


There was an enchanted forest filled with all the classic characters we know.


… and dragged back thirty years into the Enchanted Forest. Pre-Snow and Charming who are Emma's parents meeting; in fact, Charming is on the way to his wedding, and at this point Snow's been re-imagined as a bandit and thief a la Robin Hood. Due to a blunder Emma and Hook make, the carriage with Charming and his fiancee doesn't get sidetracked by Snow and this starts everything from that point unraveling. Think Back to the Future if the Brothers Grimm had written it.



Once Upon A Time



And at the high point of this episode, where Regina still in her full Evil Queen-mode has had Emma arrested while Hook stands by helpless (after having already socked himself out – gotta watch it to see what I mean) and Rumpelstiltskin of their – Emma and Hook's – past convinced to help them can restore the portal, but they have to live long enough to get to it and fix their history, otherwise Emma will never be born – at the high point, the kids had to go to bed!

 



Oh, how they wailed! BUT since we wanted them less grumpy (and bashful and dopey and the other dwarfs) this morning for school, Martha and I were willing to accept particularly Sarah's shouts of our being so unfair. And Martha took this really hard; I am sorry I did not stand up more for her. But in my house I learn to pick my fights, even between members of the family. So tonight after work we'll be watching “There's No Place Like Home” and sincerely avoiding another bout of temper. I don't like it when I have one as I did this morning, why condone it in anyone else?





Temper is a valuable possession – don't lose it. David

Comments

Popular Posts