People Are Attracted To The WHY



[And Jeffrey telling me this morning his dream of a whale in Antarctica rescuing our family was especially touching ... anyway, the short version of this weekend had me and Dalyce teaching six second and third graders in Sunday school, the kids out with me Saturday morning and them at a birthday party that afternoon while Martha and I spent some alone time together. And Sunday at home was pretty much that, with a good soccer game for the kids and I that night! THEN the snow came down overnight, but here in North Dakota winter ends in June, what's up with that :p But hey, here's my favorite, for various reasons, statuses (stati?) and other things I've heard for the second half of March. Enjoy! -- David]
1. Fanatics are crazy by definition. I shed them off periodically. My hide gets tired ot taking a beating.
2. If a woman can have a baby in nine months, you can write a book or even launch a business in six. What are you waiting for?

3. I can understand that. For me reading is escape, joy, magic. I would rather read less and absorb it completely.
4. Thank u Lord for changing my ways because the old me would've just slapped her OUT on the spot, no questions asked ... now why would you talk about me in front of MY baby? Since you want to hate on me for NO REASON at all .. I'm about to give you a REASON! As sweet, kind and caring as I can be ... REDHEAD does still live here .. I just haven't let that heffa outta her cage in a while! DON'T COME FOR ME, UNLESS I SEND FOR YOU!
5. Wow......I've been lacking in my interpretation of this scripture, and it's finally making sense!!!

EPHESIANS 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

I have interpreted this as meaning that the forces we fight against are SPIRIT, not a physical being. But then I'm trying to reconcile these creatures being here that are obviously demons, devils, and other minions of hell that are in physical bodies and evidence has been presented of their existence.

I was asking God about this and He focused my thoughts on the term "FLESH AND BLOOD". He uses this term in other places in the bible, and it always means PEOPLE. He's saying we aren't warring against PEOPLE, He's never said in there that our enemy can't have a physical body.

What a trip!! He's SO COOL!! Thank you Lord.....
6. If you want love, **give** love.

You get to *choose* whether you die surrounded by the people you've loved, or die alone and miserable because you wouldn't give your love away.
7. If you don’t stare at the stars now and again, you risk forgetting how lucky we are to be here.
8. Strawberries and whipped cream chips have a showdown and they won about 38 times on my watch
9. Ha! Whipped into the parking lot at the apartment complex and the kid from upstairs was like damn you got good taste in music! I'm glad to spread my awesomeness.
10. I want to hot tub, I want corn on the cob, I want to sit out in the sun, my tan marks are fading!!!
11. Why should Jewish educators come to Cleveland in July?
12. Sometimes thing are just what they are ... nothing more and nothing less
Most of the time things are layered with cause and effect and blanketed with our own touch...
Sometime you just do not know and should not assume as it is not what it is and you did not lay the blankets so be careful how you react
Be mindful , be kind and always be helpful ... these are the best layers to add to what is so we can make something even better
13. Which "Star Trek: The Next Generation" Character Are You?
You got: Data
You’re a one-of-a-kind genius when it comes to book smarts, which sometimes makes you painfully naïve. Your disconnect with your emotions has led to more than a few awkward encounters. Also, you’re probably dynamite in the sack.
14. “If a writer falls in love with you, you can never die.........”
15. They are logging in the woods around the house. Every once and a while they cut down a tree so big, you can feel the floor vibrate when it hits the ground.
16. My students were finishing up a lesson St Patrick today that they started yesterday... Humorous conversation of the day:

"Miss Gallick, how do you spell Prius?"
"Why do you need to know how to spell 'Prius?' St Patrick lived in the 5th century!"
"But the video said he had a Prius at the church."
"Seriously? The video said he became a PRIEST IN the church!"
"Oh. Well, Miss Gallick, how do you spell priest?"
17. dam auto correct got me again. Pray for me ended up coming out as pussy...really...?
Stupid auto correct
18. snuggies kill all lights. They're evil incarnate. The epitome of sloth.
19. feeling epically fantastic. Lazy sun goddess

20. If you post your relationship status, you have everyone in your business. If you don't post your status, then what are you hiding? It's a no-win situation.
21. Facebook malfunctioning still. Hanging up a sign: "OUT OF MY MIND. PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE." If anyone needs me (unlikely), I'll be outside making a truly optimistic last-gasp-of-daylight stab at gardening. Oh, the sweet aroma of wet hay, decomposed cow poop, and sweat. (I said "optimistic" ... it's too cool yet to sweat!) Be back later. If I survive. (cough)
22. I love being Miss Facebook! Like my man said! LMMFAO!
[lol thank you.]

[You're very welcome,
Rachel! And for your first duty as Miss Facebook, you've chosen ... ]

To end all jealousy and to stop the douche bag epidemic.

23. (this one because I liked it!)

If I Had My Child to Raise Over Again
"If I had my child to raise over again I'd finger paint more, and point the finger less. I'd do less correcting, and more connecting. I'd take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes. I would care to know less, and know to care more. I'd take more hikes, and fly more kites. I'd stop playing serious, and seriously play. I'd run through more fields, and gaze at more stars. I'd do more hugging, and less tugging. I would be firm less often, and affirm much more. I'd build self-esteem first, and the house later. I'd teach less about the love of power and more about the power of love."
~ Diane Loomans
24. I really don't know what people do without believing in God. Cause people can b so disappointing & life such a struggle. Without my unwavering faith in God Almighty I would b n a mental institution!!
25. I'm at the dr to get a shot for poison oak. I must say, seriously, people now also bring their dogs to the dr?
Yea, this IS California, but, I expect "pathetic" at Wal-Mart - (though I resent animals sniffing produce - it doesn't matter if I am going to wash it, I don't let my dog AT HOME sniff the produce AT HOME)
But, when one comes to the dr, I personally think dogs DON'T belong there. It really doesn't matter if it IS for your anxiety. Really? Thinking you can take your dog EVERYWHERE bc you paid some fee to call it therapy is an ABUSE of the whole "therapy dog" idea.
Service dogs are for sight impaired, hearing impaired and possibly mobility impaired.
If you need to take your dog EVERYWHERE perhaps you should. .. grow up? Maybe get some counseling?
26. Life throws curve balls to get you to think. Are you going to listen?
27. If you're going to call me stupid, you better bring more than a 4th grade intellect to the table. Just saying.
28. Accomplishments today:
I didn't have a melt down! ( It was a close thing but in the end I didn't)
I managed 3200 words so far.
Day job completed pus the work from the previous 3 days that I didn't get finished until today.
ONly 2 cups of coffee!
Person tossing insults is still alive - although that was a close one as well.
29. Despite anyone's actions, thoughts, opinions or judgment, today is gonna be a great day, this weekend is also gonna be great as will this week, month and yr! Have a safe weekend my friends!
30. If you must play, decide upon three things at the start: the rules of the game, the stakes, and the quitting time.
31. THIS IS A TIME IN YOUR LIFE WHEN YOU MUST LEARN TO LET GO: of loved ones, of possessions, of control. In order to let go of something that is precious to you, you need to rest in My Presence, where you are complete. Take time to bask in the Light of My Love. As you relax more and more, your grasping hand gradually opens up, releasing your prized possession into My care. You can feel secure, even in the midst of cataclysmic changes, through awareness of My continual Presence. The One who never leaves you is the same One who never changes: I am the same yesterday, today, and forever. As you release more and more things into My care, remember that I never let go of your hand. Herein lies your security, which no one and no circumstance can take from you. Psalm 89:15; Hebrews 13:8; Isaiah 41:13
32. I spent my lunch hour reading the Bible out loud in our sanctuary. I got to kick off Deuteronomy and read the 10 commandments. It was a special time. There are lots of spots still open, so sign up!
33. KNOW AND WORK YOUR CALENDAR

ALWAYS BE WORKING YOUR LIST
DON'T BE AFRAID TO ASK/CONTACT PEOPLE/INFORM THEM OF AN EVENT
34. "Heyy, train me olympic lifting."
-"uhh... Not advisable."
"Why?"
-"Bad for your back."
"So...?"
-"uhh. Actually ah not advisable for a lady."
"So? I'm serious..."

Sorry, but not sorry, no time to be a lady; occupied being a woman.
35. Prayer does get wallow-ish quite a lot, doesn't it Ozma? But God gets that, He's been there ... "If it is possible, Father, let this cup pass from me." Praying for strength for you, friend
It's so true! I really struggle because I get tired of hearing my own wallow. How on earth he has patience for that and doesn't hit the mute button on us is a mystery that will probably never be explained.
36. When you can look back on painful events and feel that you were blessed for how you grew, for the love you knew, for the very fact that you did live through those times, then, and only then, can you truly appreciate gratitude’s vital role in the process of letting go.
37. My butt just turned the Xbox on AND checked messages. The controller was under my couch cushion lol
38. The law is God's way to train a lump of flesh to show respect and honesty before they understand what those things really are.

Jesus came to take us to the next step......to understand what those things are, and gives us the ability to grasp WHY those things are important. We are a creation....
39. It's weird. I like Nightwing as a character, but every time I read some of his solo books, I feel like I'm just reading a Batman title, but with Nightwing in the main role. It basically just feels like I'm reading "Not Batman." Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but at the same time there is a degree of redundancy to it that disturbs me a somewhat.
40. I am not aggravated and I have a ton of energy * AND force a BIG smile! (Now, repeat 10 times out loud)
41. Understand that you own nothing! Everything that surrounds us is temporary... but love ...we keep that!
42. Timeglass!
43. In a flagrant disregard for life in general I declare this PJ day. Not sure how that is going to work with the latest edict to my Wednesday night but whatever. FML. Pajamas!
44. This work week has been a chaotic fiasco so far, and it continues tumbling downhill. But no matter. Friday is getting closer. I can see it with binoculars. LOL!

[This was written on a Wednesday]
45. Today has already been a complete turnaround from yesterday. Now, if I can just salvage this poor burnt roast, then it will be a complete success.
46. Confusion to Confucius...when we are hurt we seek relief in all things philosophical.
47. Rnoshti anti honey
48. *crosses arms* Don't think for a moment that anything has escaped my attention just because I didn't blast you publicly.
49. Just bc u quote Bible scriptures, doesn't mean ur a wonderful person. Quit hiding behind it and making it seem like u haven't done anything wrong.
50. I Am Blessed, I Am Highly Favored, I Am Happy, I Am Beautiful and....I Want A Big Hug. I Feel Good!!!
51. "No snacks provided." Does not mean you can bring a picnic lunch to the library for your four grand kids, their cousin and 2 friends.
smh...
52. There's a difference between wanting to get caught and not caring if they are, David. I'm talking about those who don't care. I don't mistake the desperate for the evil very often, having seen both up close. Personal.
53. And the insanity continues. Honestly, I didn't want all of this. Who knew? Maybe one day insanity will not gravitate towards me. I'm going back to bed!
54. To be in love is magic.
55. Man, last of us is pretty intense!
56. "The big bad villain kills the plucky protagonist. Fade to black. End scene."
Sombra, I knew you were under the ice for a thousand years and thus have little to no sanity anymore, but....
THAT'S NOT HOW BOOKS WORK.
57. One of the things that made Nightshade so deadly was that when she told you that she didn't lie, most men tended to believe her.

58. Jamming to Georgia Satellite " keep your hands to yourself " and free milking a cow equals one histarically laughing ten year old! And what could possibly follow that but...(no pun intended) fat bottom girls! Our music rocked!!!








Comments

Popular Posts