I DIDN'T REALIZE IT WAS MONDAY UNTIL I GOT TO WORK TODAY.


 



Go on, rub it in.



In all fairness, I've been nodding off all weekend! So my going into a mild panic because our neighborhood's garbage pickup day is Tuesday and not Monday (which I truly thought it was, even though I let Jeffrey set the calendar in our living room … which is now in our dining room because the wood tile marked for day 27 of the month fell into the vent beneath it when it WAS in the living room) was unwarranted. Thank God.



It may have all started when I woke the kids Saturday morning to come to Breakfast with the Boys with me, before the sun was up. I know it's selfish of me, but at the time I was a little miffed at something my wife had done and I'd felt like she gets to do whatever she wants and I'm the one who has to sit home all the time. Not that I won't do it if it must be done, but I am as much in need of fellowship as Martha finds in bowling league, chamber chorale, and church choir.



Which she always seem to find room for every year. I told the kids I'd have no problem with them going to sleep after breakfast was over and we were home, but Sarah and Jeffrey even helped the nineteen of us at church after they ate move the heavier items on carts to the trailers for church volunteers to take over to the North Dakota State Fairgrounds to set up booths for this week's Norsk Høstfest (literally “Norwegian Autumn Festival”). And THEN they couldn't sleep!






Sunday morning at church after the kids sang in their children's choir instead of Sunday school (note: need to write play for David and Goliath, due in ten days) we met with our prayer partners, and in Martha's and Breanna's cases got assigned one. We had fun going through three stations and catching up with everybody – oh, we see the kids in church, but in all fairness we don't get to sit down one-on-one with them as much as we'd like. In my case, perhaps as much as I should.



David


Comments

Popular Posts