It Was a Simpler May 15

This past Sunday (May 12), nineteen years ago …

C

James 4 May 12

3 days [to graduating from Stetson University] THE EXIT INTERVIEW 9405.12

One of the most human things about us is that we miss the people who touch our lives. I am glad that I have been able to reach out to people, that I have learned to love those people. I don't, Lord, truly know – maybe we're touched more when we know that the clock is ticking. In less than 100 hours, I'll be graduating. It's very great, but very scary too.

I pray that the changes I have made in my life are those which I will see and remember.

The cycle continues:

Chip Wright – David Alvin – Galen Gallimore

Lori Pluso, Zachary Kelly, and Kimberly Price will all get married on August 12, 1995!

[Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Zachary and Kimberly marry each other?]

Shipra is nice and fluffy, and I'll miss her!

Last night and today …

There's a young lady I deal with on a regular basis here in Minot who was BORN the day I wrote that. I commented once that she was born three days before I graduated from Stetson University, and it made me "feel" a mite old. How much the world – heck, how much my world – has changed in nineteen years! Yet sometimes I don't feel any different; but that doesn't really concern me.

I "suggested" yesterday by setting the plates out on our newly-cleaned dining room table before I left for work –I'm the last one to leave weekday mornings – that we should eat the pot roast that had been simmering in our crock pot for ten hours in our dining room. It looked and felt really nice to not eat in our living room watching TV for a change, I think we should do it more (and schedule the time to do it, not always easy).

One of the centerpieces I'd set on the table was our water globe of Mount Rushmore, and I'm proud of Jeffrey naming three of the four presidents on there by sight – George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt (the one he missed, a mite ironic since our twenty-sixth President is a cottage industry – he lived in the western part of the state as a rancher for a few years and often commented he'd never have been President were in not for his experience in North Dakota), and Abraham Lincoln.

Sarah's brought home a lot of the journals and math books she's worked on throughout this school year (first grade for her and kindergarten for Jeffrey ends after today in SIX DAYS? Really?) and her artwork is amazing! She really wants to carve out time to play before school in the morning, and last night Martha and I were both treated to impromptu dancing with dinner. If the kids get their reading at home done and get ready fast enough, I have no problem with that.

So after Jeffrey and I read part of The Lorax this morning and Sarah read part of A Visit to William Blake's Inn, I headed to Jerome's Collision Center to at last get my new driver's side tail light installed. It just arrived yesterday, and as the gentleman who broke the light paid for the repair, I was pleased! Only took fifteen minutes for Hoss (the name on his tag) to install it, not even enough time for me to finish the paper.

But I'm good with that, David

Comments

Popular Posts