Three Parties And A Frustration


[Taking out the first paragraph about the frustration because I foresee a firestorm of criticism.]

It is far more worth it to me, anyway, to enjoy my family and appreciate my life while I still have both. And I'm working backwards today, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY HONEY! Yes, Martha's twenty-nine for the seventh year in a row today and after I'm off work tonight we'll take her out to dinner. Sarah, Jeffrey, and I took care of our gift-giving last night so we don't have to scrunch everything into the time between when we'll get home and the kids will have to go to bed. And until this morning that's what I wanted to do, go back to bed. But then I got energized when I had to bring Martha her name badge.

Sunday afternoon after church (where I am so embarrassed in a Parable Playhouse class of ten fifth graders that I knew the story we were covering – Jesus feeding the multitudes – but I blanked on where it was in the Bible! In John 6) Martha met with our friend Tara to get started on … ok, let me get this right … the 90 days to lose weight on Shaklee 180 which she started last week. She's already doing an awesome job; I happened into the Bagel Stop and kept tabs on my kids as well as Tara's own, Triniti and Isaiah. Yeah, I think they
did prefer that to Story Time, though they won't say it …

Saturday we kept productive – I really don't like the word busy because it's easy to say that and lately to my ears it's become synonymous with “this isn't really important, but it sounds impressive” – for after Martha got off work (oh yes, Friday night she started a part time job at McDonald's by Dakota Square Mall, she works four hours Friday and 5:30 to 2 Saturdays) we attended a Shaklee 180 Turnaround Party held in a meeting room at Staybridge Suites, one of our new local hotels. Awesome place, and several newcomers were able to show up and tried awesome products and enjoyed the presentation!

www.dmsjalvin4.myshaklee180.com

There's a lot of potential here not only if you want to lose weight – Martha's issue – or if you want to just keep weight off – my issue – but also should you choose to accept the business opportunity. That starts with you introducing Shaklee 180 to people – it's an awesome variety of smoothees (smoothies with awesome taste and protein, also great for building muscle), meal bars, snack bars, and teas – three of them choosing to purchase them, and then you get your products for free! It's hard for me to not be enthusiastic about it, and I don't want it to come across like a sales pitch.

But after the Turnaround Party we picked up the kids at Grandma and Grandpa's house and brought them to another hotel, the Grand International Inn on north Broadway for the birthday party of Jeffrey's classmate Ethan (who is six years old
today, pretty cool), which was also a pool party that he could bring his family – in this case Sarah, Jeffrey, and I – to. And it was a lot of fun, especially from MY point of view, to see quite a few parents outside of our rush to bring the kids to school in the morning, and I guarantee we ate good.

Pizzas from our nearest Pizza Hut (and I've heard both – yes, we have one Hut on north Broadway one on south; and apparently both were having a bad day due to some complaints I heard), Ethan's birthday cake from Marketplace (apparently he's a big bug fan, his cake looked like dirt with a variety of insects upon it AND a spider in a specimen jar), and with my scones yesterday from Bagel Stop – got three actually, and I will have one with my Physique banana shake lunch in a few – I am definitely able to celebrate, even if it's just in a small way, at my 194.6 weight this morning!

And it's gonna be awesome day by day,

David

Comments

Popular Posts