Three Minutes To Midnight, Officially Twelve Years Old

Thirteen years ago ...

James 1:19-27.                                                                        February 28
SC, VA students @ Discovery Weekend; filing a claim           10502.28

Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: For the wrath of man workers not the righteousness of God. 19-20

Mark 6:30-56; Numbers 17-19

Give the other person a fine reputation to live up to.

Today was a busier day at work; before that, Martha and I took the Buick to Nybakken's Body Shop for an estimate to be sent to American Family Insurance, the insurer for the Taurus driver that ran into me. Please, let's get this settled in a timely fashion.

Oh, I'm still around.

And today's title refers to our daughter Sarah being twelve -- two-thirds of a legal adult, though I don't like to think about that -- today. And the journal entry I wrote THAT day, one year from this one, has more personal information than I care to share right now! Besides, I had a Wii Fit Age (an estimation of my body's physical condition based on my weight and ability to remain coordinated through some tests) of thirty-three and this opened up.

On this day of Lent was the beginning of our Silent Auction at Bethany Lutheran which will end Sunday afternoon along with our annual Carnival/LYO Fundraiser, and while was Sarah was with the other kids in her Confirmation class Martha, Jeffrey, and I made a Tomb Garden in Church School, which since it's not Sunday makes sense. Then at worship we had youth perform a comedic turn on Jonah aboard the sailing vessel, which should make us think what we should do when we're afraid

and that's trust in God, even when we're well beyond twelve.

David

Comments

Popular Posts