Maybe his secret power is helping people.

Five years ago ...

Matthew 6:1-6.                       February 13
worship leaders.                     11302.13

But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which is in secret shall reward thee openly. 6

Judges 11 - Now Jephthah the Gileadite was a mighty man of valour, and he was the son of an harlot; and Gileadite begat Jephthah.

And it came to pass in process of time,that the children of Ammon made war with Israel.

12 - 29 - 32 - 34 

[This must have been the time I was reading the Bible through and cited the verses marked as beginning paragraphs ... on the sidebars I've got a Frederick Douglass quote from August 1, 1847: "Weakness has ever been the prey of power, and ignorance of intelligence." And "from dust I am, and to dust I will return" for that day was Ash Wednesday that year. And my question to God, "what will I talk to You about for forty minutes? ACTS" ... and in this context that's Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, and Supplication, what I heard about then as four components of prayer. And evidently that year I had decided to give up chocolate, though I don't think that lasted!]

Nor has my giving up much of anything!

Today's title comes from something our son Jeffrey said while we were watching Sky High, the Disney movie about a high school that trains superheroes, that night. I don't remember which non-powered person he cited that about (Ron Wilson, Bus Driver) but it touched me. I keep track of what people say and write around me -- or try to -- because all too often it keeps ME sharp as well. And with days like today where I worked at the warehouse the whole day (save when I wasn't at my two week checkup with Dr. Sharma with Martha, which wasn't too bad save increasing some of my dosages and getting the usual pablum of advice) I need all the sharpness and fortitude I can get!

Seriously, sharpness really helps opening those boxes!

David

Comments

Popular Posts