By The Numbers, Some Day You Will Go





48. The ordinal number in order that Arizona became a state of the United States of America. (Translation: Arizona's the 48th state to join the USA.) Also the main character of another book I finished in a sitting, Gloria Houston and Susan Condie Lamb's My Great-Aunt Arizona (ISBN 0590472003) about a prairie girl who grew up to be a schoolteacher in a one-room schoolhouse and would always tell her kids about faraway places that she had not been to "but some day you will go."


91. The number of seconds the premiere trailer for Star Wars: Rogue One released this morning lasts! ("This is a Rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.")


98. That's the day this April 7 is of the Gregorian calendar year 2016. [The calendar nearly all of us use.] And right now at the office, at our daughter Sarah's specific request, I'm deciding where to put up the coloring page of The Good Dinosaur with main characters Spot & Arlo that she colored today. Sometimes it's just really a pain to put up with Sarah and her brother Jeffrey's snippiness, especially toward each other before going to school in the morning. But they'll have each other's backs.


351. The day of the year -- that's December 16, 2016, five days after my forty-fifth birthday -- Star Wars: Rogue One will be released in theatres! Six days before THAT (which would be December 10) I have an envelope I put a quote in some years before that is showing its age. The envelope is showing its age with a coffee stain and spit trail that I will open that day, not the quote. Something someone said to a historic figure the day before he turned forty-five years old. And I'll share it then.


1342. In military time, when I'm finishing this post. Hallelujah!


1928. Just finished reading a book published that year -- Dynamic Emotions by Karl H. Bremer -- this morning. I'd gotten it cheap a few days ago and it contains fifteen historical vignettes of people motivated by emotions like love, lust, greed, justice (I know, some of those strictly speaking aren't emotions) and the ending of this book, "The Last Stand of the White Man" foreshadowing the rise of China and its people as a, possibly THE, world power of the next century sounds a little foreboding.


1942. The year above-mentioned German historian Karl H. Bremer died in a battle on the Eastern Front.


David

Comments

Popular Posts