Today's Picture Went With Status Fifteen



[And yes, bounding around and finding these twenty-three statuses, posts, and opinions I like from the last half of April for how they're stated, whether I agree with them or not, we need other perspectives to often make ours make sense. Don't we? -- David]

1. NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU LOVE A PERSON, IT MEANS NOTHING IF THEY DO NOT LOVE YOU. A FACT OF LIFE.

2. An Aquarius can be eerily quiet when upset.
Watch out.
They're planning revenge.

3. all generalizations about life have expections, expect the ones I am about to make--they are merely recognition--
our world does not allow real public grief--drama real life tv grief, facebook grief, social religious grief, news media grief, funeral home grief, pathological grief are all accepted for a brief moment--then forget it
but the real grief, the hard living it requires, the loss of everything and the return of new life that results, are NOT acceptable in this material world. We are too busy destroying life on this planet with human piggish arrogance and money sucking evil, to allow Job, the best model of grief, or the term laments of the Psalms, or the Buddha mindfulness of suffering, or the sharp edged power of Jesus and his humor--we cannot allow things like this--we must work at work and play at play to work and play at buying--that is our job America.
keys to how we deal with loss of life: Grief "work"; Grief "Management", Grief "Stages"--
so we "heal" grief--the two words we like so much rime like a poem:
"you have a right to all your grief
don't cramp our style and make it BRIEF"
All nonsense--Grief is the real every day work of every living, sentient being on this planet--everything has a time and season and those times and seasons follow upon each other with a fury--
Live those times--learn to laugh and weep at the same time. Learn to sit in your sorrow and with the sorrow of others and Be Here NOW--that is all.

4. We cannot beg someone to stay if they want to leave. We have to admit that LOVE doesn’t give us the license to own a person.

5. I don't comprehend people having an issue with schools allowing girls to wear head coverings.. It's their religious right. If a Christian girl wanted to cover her head, she should be allowed to. Grow up people. Let's focus on some actual issues, instead of nitpicking about religious freedoms.

6. Finally a villain that doesn't have a sob story. I like that she doesn't have a reason to be evil, she just is.

7. Every girl wants to be told that she is stunning, because for those few seconds... she'll feel like she's flying.

8. Just in case you ever need a conversation topic to break the ice or end uncomfortable silence I thought I'd pass this along....LMFAO!
If a female ferret doesn't mate while she’s in heat, she can die! If she’s unable to find a sex partner and stays in heat too long, her body will start to secrete high levels of estrogen, which causes aplastic anemia – a deadly disease for ferrets

9. I loved Star Wars when it came out. I was 16. Now, I am 54, and I still love it! I also love Star Trek! Why choose?

10. Lay vs. lie? To LAY something, you are placing it. Examples: Lay your head on my shoulder. Lay down your sword. LIE means to recline. So, Lay your keys down, and lie on the couch. If Eric Clapton had bothered checking with me in 1977, we’d all know the words to, “Lie Down, Sally.”

11. Thanks David. [You're welcome, Poster -- this was addressed to me regarding a customer dissatisfaction. - D.]
All it takes is someone like me to gripe out loud and her reputation is ruined. I don't even care if my necklace is fixed or not. I will gladly accept the pieces so I can search elsewhere for remedy.

12. Mad.
A mouse is eating my car.
Reeeeally mad.
Winter is coming, mouse.

13. - there comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page and closing the book...*

14. One of my sweet good friends keeps reminding me n the midst of my hectic life. To not neglect me

15. I feel no world problems when I'm with my sweeties!

16. The journey of reaching to any beautiful place or becoming a successful person passes through various worst cities and some unknown enemies.

17. I HATE LIARS.
Either have the brass to speak the truth, or shut it.

18. Absolutely correct. Eradicate poverty, expand opportunity, end racism - or expect more Baltimores.

19. My [not MINE, though they're not far off, but this poster's - D.] thoughts on the Duggars:

The Duggar family of 19 Kids and Counting is in the news an awful lot today for various things, which is no different than any other day. They're in the news all the dang time, but for what reason, I'll never know. But, as they're all over the place, I'm going to give my official opinion on this family.
First, the Duggars are NOT role models. They need some serious therapy--all of them. The older children raise the younger ones. Jim Bob and Michelle are never around for that. This leads me to believe that Michelle Duggar has a really weird obsession/addiction to childbirth and pregnancy. Why have all of those babies if you have absolutely no intention to raise them? Josh Duggar and his wife, Anna, have also started having babies and they are showing no signs of stopping. In fifteen years, they'll have twenty kids, too.
I'll throw in that I do watch the show from time to time, but usually because everybody loves a good train wreck (am I right, or what!). There are things I do like about this family. Recipes, for one thing...I've scavenged through the interwebs to find some of the recipes they make on the show and some of them (tater tot casserole) are pretty good. I like their views on finances (buy it secondhand/cheap and save the difference) because I, too, have a large family and saving money is something I like to do when possible. However, there are few things I agree with them about.
The Duggar family is affiliated with a movement called Quiverfull, which is a pro-life way of thinking to the extreme, so to speak. This is a cult if I've ever seen one! It's not just a bunch of people practicing what they believe, it's absolutely harmful! Not only is it harmful to a woman's body to just have one baby after another for the entirety of her fertile lifespan, but once these babies are born, the older children are left to raise them. Did the older kids ask for this responsibility? No. And I'm not talking about an older sibling tying the younger sibling's shoelaces or helping them with a homework assignment...these older kids do EVERYTHING for the younger ones while the parents are free to just do whatever (like make more babies for the older ones to take care of). It's absolutely ridiculous!
I've given my two cents. I don't really care if everybody thinks I'm soooo wrong for my opinions about this crazy wack job family. They are NOT role models for Christian people or anyone else.

20. Phone is updating, don't call or text me until I can.

21. Removing my veil of many colors
Coming from the dark into the light
Death by day
Life by night
Revealing my true self
Scared of what everyone will think
Of the words I have put down on paper
In permanent ink
©-Vikki Lee

22. [A viewpoint on Once Upon A Time:]
If you really ship Regina and happiness, you would want Robin Hood as FAR away from Regina as possible. Don’t let Regina feel that she is not good enough to CHOOSE her partner, her destiny. Cora chose Leopold for her. Pixie Dust chose Robin for her. It’s time to let Regina choose. She never chose Robin, she just went along with it because something else chose it for her.

23. That's why I'm not writing today, he asked me to stop interrupting their honeymoon. But I can't make any long term commitment to that. I'll probably be bothering them this weekend.

Comments

  1. You made me smile! Especially #2 :D
    Thank you for doing this post.
    I always love your train of thought

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts