Reading These Makes Me Hungry!



[Pepper jack, bacon, and Twinkies, oh my!

I never know what I'm going to find once I read back over these favorite posts over the last fifteen days -- this happens to be the list for the first half of May, which are appearing now because I had other things to say about that. All poster's names are redacted except for Vikki Lee's because she's copyrighted (or copywritten?) her stuff.

Enjoy! -- David]


1. THIS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: When using pepper jack cheese, the heat is intensified in the leftovers. Consume at your own risk.
YOu may return to your regular Facebook news feed.


2. 2015 is my year of YESES! Even my NOs will be YESES! I decree and declare it to be so!


3. Things are falling right into place like I KNEW they would one day.. had no clue it would take this long but PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE INDEED!!!!!


4. Imagine what kind of world we would live in if more people said "NO" . People would actually have to start doing things for themselves for a change.


5. Every action does not need an immediate reaction...but when I come..best believe I'm coming!


6. ...but I don't wanna feed grandma bacon while she's in the bathtub.
You know it: Overheard conversation No. 333 HA!


7. Three steps forward, one step back.
Editing what you've written several months prior - facepalm.


8. Yes! I got (another) one!!
Unfortunately, "let's say a Twinkie represents the normal amount of mouse activity in the Avilla area. Based on this spring's sample, it would be a Twinkie... thirty-five feet long, weighing approximately six hundred pounds."


9. "The job of an educator is to teach students to see vitality in themselves."
― Joseph Campbell


10. I shall crown myself Empress and rule over these lands of Migrainia.


11. You know the men who really care. They're the ones who wake you with a text so they can be the first ones to wish you a happy mothers day.
Thanks [me] and [this poster's nephew] you are kings among a world of small men who I have yet to hear from.


12. It takes a strong heart to love, but it takes a stronger heart to continue to love after it’s been hurt.


13. Maybe it’s me but sometimes I have to look at the small things to see the big progress we have made. I remember in the 1970s heading down to Marshall Fields to try on hats: I thought it was a hygienic thing-the wax paper on the counter to place inside the hats when you wanted to try them on until one day in the 1980s when they disappeared. What? Did Afrosheen become hypoallergenic all of a sudden? Maybe it will become commonplace to treat everyone as equals or at the very least make sure everyone is in a seatbelt when hand-cuffed and hogtied


14. God already had what he needed to create Adam, why would he have to steal his rib for the material. He wouldn't, it was the devil who created Eve in her own image.


15. I’d rather be in the company of a voodoo priestess whose daughter needs a healing than an uncircumcised philistine preacher sending people to hell like he playin a game of duck-duck-goose.


16. I am the puppet master. You are merely my play thing. My toy. You think you are a threat to me? I chuckle at your nieve disillusionment. It brings me great entertainment to allow you to believe that,- temporarily. I control the situation, not you. You will be gone when I see fit, when I grow bored, tired of pulling your strings. ©-Vikki Lee


17. Unicron is the size of a planet, where Galactus is the size of a skyscraper, HOWEVER, Galactus is infinitely more powerful. During the Annihilation event, Galactus released a galaxy destroying blast whilst only at a fraction of his power.


18. I'm thinking I might make some tacos for dinner. Yeah. And beyond that, I'm going to play with Salem and Thor, fix a few of the buttons on my husband's shirts, and make a repair to one of my shirts. I don't think I'm going to be too ambitious today.


19. I think about Denmark, [Poster this commenter is responding to]...seems to be the only sane country left on this sorry, sorry planet...


20. [Poster's husband] says to [their oldest son], "First thing you should know about girls: you know nothing." I'm not sure if this is a pep talk or a really cruel reality check.


21. When he nitpicks something that got explained before the nit he's picking and then later brings up the thing that explained it to pick a different nit, he comes across as more stupid than entertaining.


22. Here it is. Per request. A smile on my face. I am not generally a "toothy smiler", I am more of a "closed mouth smiler". But apparently someone wanted to assess my dentition. So. There you have it. I don't post many smiley photos! Be nice!!! Lol


23. I really need to get off Facebook and do something more productive today like go shopping lol


24. You won't get burned if you're the flame.
©-Vikki Lee


25. 18 years ago right now, I was working a double at a job I hated. For $8.25 an hour. I knew, well thought I knew, how much happier I would be with a son to call mine. I was clueless. Had no idea what to do or how to teach him to be a man. After eighteen years, which seem like nothing, I realize he was put here to teach me. My son has taught me more than ANY book, any teacher, or any life lesson. I have learned what heartache really is while watching him not make the baseball team as a freshman. What disappointment was when he didn't win all his wrestling meets. What joy was when he got his first girlfriend, and how mad I was to be right it wouldn't last. But most of all he taught me to love. Love like I've never known, never felt, never imagined. I am proud of him. Proud GOD saw fit for me to be his daddy! I am blessed. I am grateful. Happy birthday [the son of this poster, a man I graduated high school with!] I would do anything to be working that double again right now and do it all over. I love you!


26. Heh. Heh. I see all these posts about perfect families, kids, jobs, etc. I think I'm just too honest with myself!

Comments

Popular Posts