Prettyful, What I Heard And Saw The Last Half of July



[And here for your viewing and interpreting pleasure with their identities scrubbed, save where they're publicly known, are the posts and quotes that stood out most to be the last half of July! And in the words of science fiction and fantasy author S. M. Stirling,

"There is a technical term for someone who confuses the opinions of a character in a book with those of the author. That term is idiot."

I'm sure there is still something wrong with me though, David]

1. No I do not know what kind of spider it was. I do not have eyes in the back of my head that are always open. I assumed it happened when I was asleep. Yes that hurts more than childbirth when you squeeze it. Pound on it? Sure.. don't mind the tears pouring down my face. No that's not a sign it feels better. Jackass

2. There could be a ghost aggressively breakdancing right beside you and you would have no idea.

3. thus far my favorite character from the wizard of oz stories is the shaggy man. I have no idea why but i adore him. he has a Jesus feel to him

4. 6 months ago, I would have laughed in your face if you told me [the poster's now-fiancee'] and I were going to get engaged. A year ago, I didn't think I'd ever be able to work again. 2 years ago, I wouldn't have guessed we'd own our own home. 5 years ago, I was afraid I wouldn't find love again. 10 years ago, if someone would have told me I was going to be happy and healthy and successful in life before 30, I would have called you a liar. 15 years ago, if you had told me I'd live to see 25, I just plain wouldn't believe you. 20 years ago, if someone told me that I would go through hell and back multiple times in my life, but always come back stronger and braver... that 8 year old me would have cried. For fear of the future, for joy of the ultimate outcome. For every bruise and break that was going to happen, for every loving heart that was going to heal my wounds. But no one told me these things. I had to find them out for myself. Today, I cry. For fear of the future, for joy of what I'm sure is going to be the ultimate outcome. For every bruise and break that I've endured and will endure, for every loving heart that has healed and will heal my wounds. Nowhere in my life could you have told me just how lucky I would be today. But now I tell myself that 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, 5 years, 10 years, 20 years, 100 years from now it will get better. Better than I could have ever dreamed. For myself, for the ones I love, for my future... I keep striving for better.

5. VH , Decatur, Ansley areas your kids will luv this place!! Tell Ms.Kim that Ms.T sent you [I'll keep initials - D.]

6. *grumble* parents.....the library is not a daycare.....these two boys are driving me nuts.....

7. I Am Because God Is In Control!

8. I get asked alot if we are seeing Psalms 83 in action. YES.....we are. Keep in mind though that this war started when Israel was born and has continued ever since in waves. It will continue to accelerate - but I do believe this incursion into Gaza by the IDF and the IAF will be a temporary thing. They will do some serious damage to Hamas (and already have) before they pull out. They are making sure they get really important aspects DONE before a ceasefire is imposed upon them by the rest of the world.

I know it's hard to support Israel in many ways because they were created through the mystery of iniquity....and the wicked are in charge there. We don't support Israel because they are right. We support them because God says so. If we judge between the two, we find that both are wrong in many ways. We listen to God rather than attempting to judge between them ourselves. God says Israel is the apple of His eye. Those who bless them will be blessed - and those who curse them will be cursed. That's all we need to consider. If we make ourselves an enemy of Israel, then we make ourselves an enemy of the King of Heaven.

Since that's the case.......isn't it reasonable to expect that the World would encourage hatred of Israel?? The Palestinians aren't wicked.....they are simply indoctrinated from birth to believe that they are the true heirs of the land. Jesus can reach those among them who belong to Him......


9. From trench mortars to neutron bombs ... It's the upcoming [war] that worries me.

10. I'm sorry for the things I said when it was winter.

11. ♫♫ O how I love Jesus, O how I love Jesus ♫♫O how I love Jesus, because He first loved me ♫♫

Good morning FB friend's


12. The dress is done and hanging on my dress form to settle. Huzzah. I need to name my dress form. My old one is named Betty for my grandma that I inherited her from. I purchased this dress form, but maybe I should name her for my other Grandma? I could have [the poster's grandmas' names] then! (though Opal was a quilter, but...)

13. Sometimes writing about a thing makes it easier to stand.

14. Not knowing the answers to our questions about heaven is why we hope.

15. Right now there are 3 different groups involved, Russia, the Ukraine, and pro-Moscow Ukrainian rebels, and they're all playing see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil. Right now I'm wondering why no one is asking why Malaysia Airlines puts fuel economy over their passenger's safety by not re-routing their flights to avoid hostile airspace involved in an active military conflict. In my opinion the blame game starts with them.

What were they thinking? How entertaining it would be to the passengers to have the pilot come over the intercom and say " Ladies and gentlemen, take a look out of the left side of the aircraft and you can see a tank battle between Russia and one of it's former states. Out of the right side of the aircraft you can see Russian Mig 29's engaging a flight of Ukrainian Sukoi 35's and the streaks coming from under their wings are air to air missiles. In a few moments the flight attendant will be along with your inflight drinks and snacks. Thanks again for flying Malaysia Airlines and enjoy the rest of your flight." ?

16. As I was coming out of the store, I noticed a young man sitting on the bench. He'd just said something to the guy who came out before me, but I didn't hear what it was. I did hear the other guy say something like, "nah man, I don't!" The young man got up & begin walking along the sidewalk. He passed by my car, but not before looking at it...as if he was contemplating saying something. Sure enough he came over & was surprisingly very well mannered. All he asked for was $1. I looked at him as to say, REALLY?! I don't know why, but I begin questioning him as if he was my child. I tried to impart some knowledge in the short time we spoke & I told him not to use my $$ on foolishness... I mean it's hard out here for a pimp (in my Taraji P. Henson Hustle & Flow voice). Now, he could have been lying through his teeth, but hopefully he takes what I said to ♡.
Before I left, he asked if I had a boyfriend? Again, I was like REALLY?! I said, yes! He says, well if you break up with him, come find me! Smh, he had jokes even in the midst of his storm.
# Sowing a seed, even in my time of need!

17. I honestly think it'd be hilarious to make a movie where everyone agreed on everything and the villain is defeated in the most pragmatic way. The movie would be about 30 minutes.

18. What human being could look at a mountain and say, with any degree of sanity, "I think I'll just tear that down." I could not, would not, will not. The mountains and hills (and the people and all the wild residents of the region) have been insulted over and over, too many times, by that sort of thinking. A mountain is like a cathedral, only far more complex, far beyond the means of humanity to create, and every creature that sets foot on it becomes a holy sort of celebration to its existence. That's how I see it.

19. Love letters make sense when you read them from start to finish.

20. But honestly right now he's being so emo and so he's like 'Meh I don't know if I want to go on a mission". This emo trend is super old. Go on a mission or go to college but stop acting like the world is ending.

21. OK people...LISTEN UP.

You do NOT need to purchase a stinkin' Yonana machine in order to make banana "ice cream" that "looks and acts like soft serve ice cream...." You can do the same dang thing with a blender or food processor at home. No need to buy a $50 product when you already have a machine at home that will do the same thing. I've made "banana ice cream" since Kams was a baby. It is easy. Freeze banana's (brown ones work the best), peel them, slice them small, and throw the frozen chunks into a blender or food processor. Add a couple of drops of ice cold water....and BLEND until it's the consistency of ice cream. You can add chocolate chips too, or strawberries (frozen), a little bit of peanut butter, chocolate, blueberries (frozen), whatever you want....and it's easy. Tasty. Dairy free, sugar free (well unless you add choc. chips or whatever), and good for you. And it didn't cost you a $50 machine....

I sooo hate seeing the Yonana advertisements.

If you think you just HAVE to have one, by all means...go for it. But don't think you can't make banana ice cream because you can't afford one of their snazzy machines (which I'll admit they do look pretty cool and I'm sure they are very awesome). However, do you REALLY need another piece of machinery taking up space in your kitchen? Really? Especially when you more than likely already have a blender or food processor that will do the same thing.

I do like reading the recipe ideas they have though lol Just get tired of all the dang hype of the dumb machine you really don't HAVE to have.


22. Prettyful

23. What is this need people have to romanticize Hamas? Is it just anti-Semitism, or is there a problem with the people themselves?

24. More Jello? Was it impossible for people in the 60s to enjoy their meal without something captured in Jell-O?

25. This day has started out with a grudge against my sanity and it's going due east to relinquish my purity and peace with a little lemon twist and a long drive with good tunes and my darling Lucy

26. Random thoughts: One of the batteries fell out of my alarm clock. How is it still working? I bought a back door finally. It turned out to be on sale. Score! I voted. I'd like to take a nap now.

27. So I was nominated for 6 pics of my beauty hope y'all like it! — feeling beautiful.

28. I forgot one: My house smells like bubble gum.

29. According to the Lowe's website, people who viewed door knobs also viewed mulch. Very helpful.

30. Sometimes after a nap, I like to take another nap.

31. Awesome, let's all help [the expectant mother this post was about] push. Breath...... Push....... Breath...... Push....... Come on ladies we can do this. Been there done that. Ready? Breath...... Push..... Breath..... Push..... We are almost there. Stay strong Laura I know you must be exhausted but, it is almost over and when you get to hold those beautiful babies in your arms the pain will be replaced with joy
 
32. Thanks everyone, [the poster's daughter] is back to normal. . . . my kids could get hurt walking so generally they are pretty good on the trampoline. I know someone that got hurt when they were on it by themselves. They just play silly, fun games and she went down and someone went down on top of her. They are such good exercise.

33. L. calls: "Rena! I'm inviting you to a Tupperware Party!"
Me: "Why?"
L: "Because you need bowls."
Me: "I got bowls."
L: "You have butter bowls, Cool Whip bowls and you use the Hillshire Farms disposable containers."
Me: "And?"
L: "........"
Me: "........"
L: "We're at an impasse aren't we?"
Me: "No, I use what I have and you buy things you don't need. "
L: hangs up
Me: "Problem Solved"


34. I'm a practical person…I want to be love, to give love..and to have peace on earth.

35. I'm folding socks. Once again, the socks forgot the buddy system we talked about....interestingly though, I have 4 socks that don't belong to anyone in my house....how on earth does that happen?

36. I challenge myself daily, if its not about progress and growth…..Kick rocks.
Back to homework.

37. The world's best eyewear selection and is a global leader in its sector.

38. "The nature of being an entrepreneur means that you fully embrace ambiguity and are comfortable with being challenged regularly. Choosing this career path is completely irrational because the odds of succeeding are dismal, but most succeed because of their unwavering belief, laser focus on delivering and persistence."
*entrepreneurmagazine
On that note relaunching my biz


39. Love beyond borders ... live beyond extraordinary today

40. Working all night on a movie set is like a dream come true. Hope I can get more opportunities after VIV... The downside is your days and nights get mixed up so bad you can't even remember what the calendar says... Forgive me for acting like a space cadet with my days...haha.

Sort of awake...


41. Back to baking bread...some every day normalcy is returning, never mind I still am taking pain meds for the headaches, but my stomach beckons for fresh bread. I am carrying the timer around with me so I don't miss it getting done. I.e. The raspberry debacle. Hehee

42. I'm grateful to friends and the opportunity with this movie, but there's something about being able to just relax in your own home. Today is going to be [The Poster's Name] Rest Day. I'm going to rest. I'm going to relax. I'm going to renew. Maybe I"ll watch a movie. I just don't know... but it's going to be a lovely rest and renew day after this stressful and hard working week!

43. So instead of saying "it is a gift from God", I said - It is a gift from the KING. That went through without being red flagged ...... weird huh?

44. Done crying over spilled milk. time to clean it up and pour a new glass ...

45. Plz dear Lord,but r we that backward? Killing women & children is not the will of God.I don't care what is said, that it's a religion of love & understanding~~tell that to their victims Oh mighty God plz forget me,but I do have hate in my heart for them ; And if my employer states I'm breaking their employment rules about what I can post,then they can have my job~~this post will stay. Peace & understand everyone xx

46. Divert me, distract me, modify me, deflect me, totally interfere with my life and wreck my plans, Lord, until my life looks like yours!

47. OK, I know y'all just think I'm a goober that writes. Wrong - I am an educated goober with a degree in science and let me guarantee you an "ISLAND" is not going to "tip over". Unless of course we've all been decieved and Guam is actually a flotilla of barges strapped together and anchored to the ocean floor, in which case a maximum weight capacity can be reached. And you know then, tip over or sink - either way. Maybe we should set a task force out to guarantee that it's actually an island and not a flotilla of barges. Or maybe it's a giant sea turtle that may choose to dive on a whim.

48. Sometimes the acknowledgement we deserve must come from within and be enough.

49. Revolution, Season 3 ... I know, NBC decided to pull the plug (and had some way higher-ups than network execs suggest it because the show hit too close to home in D.C., I've heard) on it, but it could just as easily be picked up by another network and without Giancarlo Esposito (Tom Neville) and Elizabeth Mitchell (as Rachel Matheson; both of them have moved on to Once Upon A Time, which the whole family is looking forward to!) I think it would be an even tighter show!

Charlie and Miles and possibly Gene are the only survivors of Clan Matheson, Tom who at series' end was following the call of the nanotech to Bradbury, Idaho can be written out of the series (with the rest of Clan Neville who are dead -- or IS Julia really dead, as it was only mentioned in dialogue?) and there are SO FREAKIN' MANY loose threads in this series with the pendants, the nano, the California Commonwealth, will the Monroe Republic be restored by "Bass" and his son Connor (and should it be?), and don't you dare start me on Aaron and Priscilla ...

C'mon, a world without power? That could be the most powerful series this fall if someone picks it up!

50. I hate wasps, they are such JERKS!

51. Children stuck in aduld body's are tattle tails jealous bored and have nothing better to do than to stick their nose in other people's business now now children its time to grow up and learn to do your own thing and quit stressing over what someone else post like sitting at ur computer stalking on ur next chance to run report someone's post ha ha ha grow the fuck up but in all I find this in good fun I know I am pissing you off and I was told I could be anything I wanted to be so I have decided to become a pisser offer I love my new job title beautimas ha fucking ha

52.
Gone are the days of working class preachers who didn’t expect financial gain in exchange for spiritual guidance. A new breed of pastors has emerged: the mega-pastor…one who aims to sell their religious brand and get rich off the gospel. (i go to the church that looks like a daycare for a reason ..... the pastors are humble men with humble visions of children's ministry .... how much will they make here from children ?????? theirs is in heaven not here :))

53.
Today Is A Fantabulous Day! Can I Get An Amen!!!

54.
This morning I prayed for a miracle. I'm convinced God is at work in this prayer, and now I pray (less assured than the first one) for another one. It's the season for miracles and I'm asking prayer for my son Mike.

55. Fear is so real and will paralyze u if u let it! I have a fear of getting injured on a run because I'm hearing about all these marathon horror stories. Can't afford to not b mobile for even 2 wks. Then it's the fear of being your own boss. Even if u were successful at it before! So I need to do some shifting because alot of fear & negativity creeping n from somewhere. And the thing with fear is if u start to believe n it, it will manifest!

56.
Why oh why do people try to take the joy out of everything for me

57.
What if warped tour was our annual church, bands were our god and music is our religion? Oh wait it already is

58.
As we get older, things seem so unimportant. It's God, family, relationships and those special moments that we hold dear.

59. why do Chihuahua's mess with Great Danes .... yes the bigger they are the harder they fall ...... if God allows it ..... otherwise that Great Dane is gonna get tired and Lord help that poor lil Chihuahua who has ridden the Danes back ..... leave the Great Dane alone okay too funny watching this .... and the visual God is giving me of people riding on the backs of others and yapping all over the place to funny .... God i love Your humor

60. Precisely: verbal bullies with less sense than a pack of Chihuahuas.

61.
"Not only are we in the universe, the universe is in us. I don’t know of any deeper spiritual feeling than what that brings upon me."
— ~Neil deGrasse Tyson~

62.
Life lesson for me today.....
Shut up and listen when someone is venting. It's not about u. It's about what's bothering them and them needing to get it off their chest. I definitely learned that today.

63.
My day to vent!!!!

There is something I need to get off my chest. It's about our water shortage here in California.

Yes we have a problem...but when I think of that no good S O B governor wasting all that money on the bullet train crap that we do not need nor do we want, I feel like throwing up on the man.

All that money could have been better spent on plants to turn sea water into drinking water. The day I let my lawn and gardens turn brown will be the day I see all golf courses turn brown.

I am sick to death of saving water by running my dish washer every two days and not taking long showers...only washing full loads of clothes.

When our water bills comes they have raised the price of water so much that for the little bit we use...we pay three times as much as we did before we started to conserve.

Another issues I have is about two blocks from where we live, I very large car wash was just built. It has so much landscaping around it that our whole block won't use as much water to keep those plants green. Why when we are facing the worse drought in 100 years, do we need such an elaborate car wash?

Within a four block area we already have three car washes to begin with!

I also think about how much money is given to other countries that hate us...why can't Mr. Obummer worry about the problems we are facing? Instead he spends billions on illegals who come here and get benefits they have no right to receive.

Ok I'm done!

64.
I gave a 12th grade sociology class as assignment where they had to name beauty from an ethnocentric point of view. The consensus when it came to eyes were any color but brown. This was a predominantly white class but black people in amerikka are just as white if not whiter then white people. We don't even realize we view beauty from a white point of view. Can't hardly help it been brainwashed to do so from birth.

65. Is Johnny Depp Disney's marketing slave or something?

Comments

Popular Posts