Your Son Is A Velociraptor Who Plays The Banjo.


I had to steal that sentence! I heard it last night on a recorded episode we had of Drew Carey's Improv-A-Ganza from the Game Show Network during one of the comedians' – there are four or five on this show besides Drew (whom you may better know as the current host of “The Price Is Right”) set onstage at the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas – games where people in the audience would write sentences down and at particular times during an onstage scene they would pull out one of these sentences and read them, often something totally out of context! Martha and I watch this after the kids have gone to bed and I (usually) haven't fallen asleep in the easy chair. I've been falling asleep earlier and waking up later quite a bit these last few weeks …

Got home last night after work and saw the kids watching The Lion King in the middle of my personal favorite song from it, “Be Prepared” (the one Scar and the hyenas sing before they scheme to kill Mufasa and exile Simba) – no I don't have a soft spot in my heart for villains, but he is just the best done one I think. Had burritos for dinner with the hamburger meat we'd thawed out and Martha and the kids had; we both agree on the seasoning and the sour cream and the shredded cheese BUT we diverge because my wife and young'uns like black olives with their homemade burritos but I prefer salsa. It is a matter of taste, just like their disgust at onions while I embrace them. Hey, something's gotta give!

I just want to be giving the right way, David




Comments

  1. Well I wonder if that show aired before or after I drew this t shirt my friend kt requested. http://www.zazzle.com/banjo_playing_velociraptor_t_shirts-235533337939593933

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts