So We're Back In Our House, But We're Not Back In Our House (If That Makes Sense)


WORD COUNT: 19,600

Friday night Martha, Sarah, Jeffrey, and I got to sleep in our house – the house that got flooded out last year and made us go into our brother-in-law Allan's house for just over four months, then in a FEMA trailer east of Minot for just over a year – for the first time in a long time! Fortunately our washer and dryer and TV had gotten moved in before a foot and a half of snow fell this weekend, and while I was out helping a business friend with a vendor booth advocating Shaklee's GET CLEAN Water Pitcher and Filter system that besides making great tasting water is the only system certified among other impurities, about three to twelve times what Pur and Brita take out, to take out lead:


I imagine from your drinking water, that is a very important thing! Check it out.

But just before leaving I got a phone call from Martha telling us that our water was backing up … I guess the fact that the water in our bathtub didn't drain completely after I'd taken a shower Saturday morning should have been my first clue, and upon coming home I found out that any water we'd run or flushed would end up in our basement. So we spent Saturday night and all of Sunday at Martha's parents' house so we could use running water, and contrary to my beloved wife's belief I did not go “stir crazy” being there – after all, with the snow and ice on the roads, where would we go? After we got to church and heard from the latest presenter how can the city of Minot do better helping itself, anyway.

This morning before Martha had to leave from her parents' house for work, I got a call back from Eric at Roto Rooter and he brought the mechanical snake we needed to unclog our line – it didn't cost much, but it's so … annoying to me that I don't know how to do basic household maintenance and repair and look to others like I'm speaking Greek when I say what others said about a job and then get asked something I don't know. I felt today like I'd really wasted my time being a good student and going to university and learning what seems to be nothing … useful or money-making. And Sarah, Jeffrey, and Martha's mom Sharon were in the next room while I tried to get more done IN our house.

I need skills, David

Comments

Popular Posts