Dietrich Bonhoeffer and My Unremembered Acronyms

Fifteen years ago ...

1 Peter 3:1-7                                           March 17
4 M’s, WPCS; peace in my household   10403.17

Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the world, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of their wives;
While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear....

Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers may be not hindered. 1-2,7

Try honestly to see things from the other person’s point of view.

It’s a slow day — I had two loans, one after the other, and then it was just two extensions, two deposits, and two cash payments. Amazing how much time gets taken up doing nothing. I’ve also got a pain in my leg; it’s been there since I sat behind the desk at work (which Dale either adjusted or we got a new one). Now I’m waiting for Martha (at 2043 hours) to get home from choir, which is later due to our Lenten services on Wednesday nights. Like I said, she’s worth it!

And now on the cusp on Monday ...

Sarah bought two more books in the After series she’s reading this afternoon after she finished the second one in four days, I write this after finishing John Hendrix’s The Faithful Spy: Dietrich Bonhoeffer and the plot to kill Hitler just five hours after I got it (it’s being written and illustrated helps. That and when Main Street Books has those uncorrected proof copies free with purchase they’re often so much better than what you buy at regular price! Jeffrey’s bowling with family, Martha just got back from Chamber Chorale ...


Good, David

Comments

Popular Posts