The End Of September And SO Last Century

When I forget what I am trying to say, I go back to what I have said. 

A friend once told me that in regard to what God had said (e.g. go back to what God had said ... when she can’t hear what God is saying. I’d like to think my memory is not THAT lousy, but lately at work it’s been hard to tell. Or have others tell me so, particularly regarding a delivery 🚚 I should at least be competent docking, but that’s another story. Overall the job’s gone very well and you have no idea how that makes all the difference!

But now to what I want to say. What I had to say ... what caught my eye ... in September, 1999.

1. We love because it’s the only true adventure. (Nikki Giovanni)

2. All the flowers of all the tomorrows are in the seeds of today. (Chinese proverb)

3. The trouble with being poor is it takes up all your time. (Wilhelm de Kooning)

4. And it was pretty hard to feel nasty toward him. Oh, maybe in a cocktail party at the country club. But ..., they’re still nasty at the country club. (Bill Wilkinson)

5. If you’re motivated, you will build it fast! (John Haagen)

6. The logic of the hard is absurd. (Julie de Lespinasse)

7. People think love is an emotion. Love is good sense. (Ken Kesey)

8. How good is man’s life, the mere living! (Robert Browning)

9. Soul meets soul on lovers’ lips. (Percy Shelley)

10. Who begins too much accomplishes little. (German proverb)

11. Come, then, let us go forward together with united strength. (Winston Churchill)

12. We are going to win the war and we are going to win the peace that follows. (Franklin Roosevelt)

13. All men have fears, but the brave put down their fears and go forward, sometimes to death, but always to victory. (motto of the King’s Guard)

14. ... success in dealing with people depends on a sympathetic grasp of the other person’s viewpoint. (Kenneth M. Goode)

15. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. (John 15:7)

16. Prayer does not change God, but changes the heart of him who prays. (Augustine)

17. Every person has one word in his heart. It is either a ‘yes’ or a ‘no’. (Martin Seligman)

18. Make dust — or eat it. (J. B. Hunt)

19. The love of a child is an extraordinary inspiration for anyone to get up, think positively, and do something ... We would trivialize his whole life if we didn’t. (Michaela Odone)

20.The sound of a kiss ... its echo lasts a great deal longer. (Oliver Wendell Holmes)

21. To love deeply in one direction makes us more loving in all others. (Anne-Sophie Swetchine)

And this is just from the top of the page in the first five days of the month!

I think I will stop for today,

David

Comments

Popular Posts