Be Astoundedly Impressed.


Thirteen years ago ...

Psalm 23                                                            March 3 
those who feel hopeless; Martha's car search   10503.03

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 1-3

Mark 8:1-21; Numbers 25-27

Arouse in the other person an eager want.

Should the loan we're paying down with the $1000 from American Family be approved, Martha will be the proud driver of a 1995 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight. I saw it when she test drove by the office around 1700 [hours, so 5:00 pm], and it's pretty impressive.

[On the following page I pasted a copy of the Ensign I wrote and sent out that day, "Nature Abhors A Vacuum", with its focal Scripture passage of Judges 8.]

Silverberg, Robert. The Man in the Maze. With an introduction by Neil Gaiman. New York: ibooks, inc., 2002.

ISBN 0743497775

The author's earlier work seems to stand out more for me than his later productions. In this re-released 1969 novel, Dick Muller is the central figure whose first contact with an alien race left him repulsive to humanity. Nine years later, a diplomatic team journeys to Lemnos where Muller lives in exile because they need him to avert another crisis for humanity. But nine years is a long time to let bitterness smoulder. The novel itself, despite a galactic background, is a basic human story all of us who've felt like outsiders can relate to. It's well written.

[I pasted a picture of Milla Jovovich at the bottom of this page and on the two following 8.5 X 11 pages I've got a picture of high heel shoes, department manager Thalia at A Wal-Mart, and Virginia Madsen from January 8.]

Sometimes I would really go all out on these journal entries. Sometimes it's a miracle I remember anything, and it's work taking the time to get to it. I mean, I could tell you about Breakfast with the Boys where sixteen of us had these nummy coffee-glazed bacon open-faced sandwiches for breakfast and afterwards had Bible study where one of our attendees was there via FaceTime as he was working in the oilfield, or regale you with tales of the Writers' Group meeting we had at Main Street Books this morning next to a Dr. Seuss birthday celebration where the mayor and members of the City Council read stories to children, or tell you how our son Jeffrey's quietly rejoicing at finishing the last page of Minot Public Schools' One Book, One Family selection this year with me, or rattle on about tomorrow's Church School Auction and lunch raising funds for our youth group

But that's getting into Little Pink Bear territory, and I try to avoid that.

Have an awesome weekend,

David

Comments

Popular Posts